Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Trump's Cognitive Decline Cant Be Ignored - Boston Globe

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by citygator, Oct 18, 2024 at 8:03 AM.

1. PITBOSS

PITBOSS GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007
    the biggest mistake dems made was not having a primary. Biden would have a tough time winning the nominatoin after a few debates against other dems.

Actually, same for trump. He loves attention but was scared to debate against Repub canidates, even with Haley calling him out. And he's still scared. Its a close election and we only had one debate. Just seeing the juxtaposition of Harris vs Trump on the same stage hits home how cognitively diminished he is and the voters see that.

2. philnotfil

philnotfil GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    The primary support for Haley from the left doesn't matter. It is the primary support from moderate conservatives who want nothing to do with Trump that really matters. Haley would win in a landslide. The right would be unified behind her.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    Republicans were “predicting” hyperinflation going back to the Obama years. Not just regular inflation, but hyper inflation (which is defined as 50% per month). To call them “prophets” on that topic because of one single year of 8% inflation from the post pandemic snapback is absurd. Unless your standard for prophet is that of a broken clock.

I’d say inflation coming out of the pandemic was worse than most “experts” predicted, although some of the dire predictions they did predict never panned out (such as gas shortages due to shortage of taker drivers, that never happened). I think what blindsided people was the housing bubble and food inflation. The supply chain stuff coming out of China was predictable, and yes, transitory.

I think the “immigration crisis” is a bit similar. This isn’t something Republicans prophecized so much as something they’ve consistently complained about. Problem is when it comes time to actually improving the situation or doing anything about making the border more orderly, they’ve walked away from two major bipartisan bills that I can remember off the top of my head. Under Obama it was the Gang of 8 bill blown up because of “no amnesty” nutbars and hardliners on immigration, and this time it was basically for no apparant reason at all other than keeping it as a campaign issue.

4. gator_jo

gator_jo GC Legend

Aug 9, 2024
    You are aware that the job lasts for.....a period of time? And that it is possible that people change over......a period of time?

5. PITBOSS

PITBOSS GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007
  6. CaptUSMCNole

CaptUSMCNole Premium Member

May 23, 2007
    NCR
    I think you have a bunch of folks in Ukraine that would disagree with you on that one. Probably some NATO leaders as well. If given truth serum, they say they would rather be dealing with President Harris.

7. GatorFanCF

GatorFanCF Premium Member

Apr 14, 2007
    And he will be dragged across the finish line on 1/20/25. Great work! “Let’s save Democracy!!” Oh, Biden, hurting in polls? “Let’s save the Democrats - replace him w/ Kamala!!! She’s awesome!!! YAY Team”

8. Tjgators

Tjgators Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    You could also call it cable media, mainstream media, or government media—you pick. Fox falls into those categories. NewsMax is not carried by all cable stations.

9. Tjgators

Tjgators Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    He definitely had good days and bad days. At times, the drugs worked really well.

10. gatormonk

gatormonk GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    20240723_163659.jpg