Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Trump VP list

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by rivergator, Feb 21, 2024.

1. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    South Dakota's 3 electoral votes don't move the needle much, especially since they are in Trump's column to begin with.

2. slocala

slocala VIP Member

Jan 11, 2009
    I guess identity politics is ok now

3. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Lost money? Sometimes businesses lose money... Where are you when our Liberals/RINOs in government are busy sending billions of tax-payer's money to foreign nations? That seems to be okay with the Liberals becasue we didn't "lose" that money? New flash: That money is just as GONE... on purpose no less.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. GatorJMDZ

Apr 3, 2007
    You really have no comprehension as to how the funding for Ukraine, a vital US concern, is being spent. I constantly have to correct you fringe righties on this. Biden is NOT sending checks to Zelenskyy.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  5. GatorJMDZ

Apr 3, 2007
    With as much time as Scott has spent sucking up to Trump and turning his disloyal back on Haley, he will be heartbroken if he is not the VP pick. I look forward to his disappointment and his feeble explanations. Just the look on his face will be priceless.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    Right … but, she checks the “female” box, and in the trail the MAGAs will drool over her. She presents well on TV and in interviews. She has some cheating allegations in her past, but MAGA seem to rate that as a positive in their candidate. And she is full-throttled MAGA in her positions.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. sierragator

sierragator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    That and his maga voters won't really care who his vp is. It's all about the orange god, the vp is window dressing and if there is another j6, someone to put their finger on the scale to keep maga in power no matter what.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    I hope all of SC turns their back on him. He really back-stabbed Haley, who put him in his position.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. mrhansduck

mrhansduck GC Hall of Fame

Nov 23, 2021
    I am disappointed in Scott, but knocking him for being disloyal to Haley just reminds me of the argument Trump made about DeSantis. I'm not a big fan of loyalty arguments. Certainly hope Haley outperforms expectations on Saturday, but 538 has Trump up on her by about 30 points.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. GatorBen

GatorBen Premium Member

Apr 9, 2007
    DeSantis has given TV interviews expressly saying he wouldn’t be vice president, it’s a role that has no power, and he can have more impact by remaining Governor of Florida.

I guess the rubber hasn’t met the road of Trump actually asking and forcing him to say no, but my impression is that one is highly unlikely.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    If there was even the remote possibility that Trump would ask DeSantis to be his running mate I think this probably ends it once of for all. DeSantis will not have to turn down Trump because he will never receive an offer to run as Trump's VP.
    Ron DeSantis shares his concerns about Trump in a private call with supporters
    DeSantis, in Private Call, Sounds Off on Trump and Conservative News Media

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. mrhansduck

Nov 23, 2021
    I'm not sure any of this matters since Trump and DeSantis are both from the same state. I've never been entirely clear on how that works, but I know that's an issue with the Florida votes. Putting that aside, I don't think Trump would want a #2 that has military experience, is probably smarter than him, and might actually have a conscience and refuse his orders like Pence did. On the other hand, if Trump wins, he's going to be a lame duck. I think anybody offered the spot would have to seriously consider it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    And it wasn't just that Scott endorsed Trump, he did so very publicly and immediately prior to the New Hampshire primary. Scott gave his very public endorsement at a MAGA rally in which he literally appeared to be grovelling at the feet of the Dear Leader.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. GatorJMDZ

Apr 3, 2007
    This is quite a bit different. Trump claims credit for DeSantis' victory due to his endorsement. Haley actually appointed Scott to the senate. Also, it's not just the endorsement itself, but his level of enthusiasm I find to be a bit treacherous.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. mrhansduck

Nov 23, 2021
    Yeah, there are differences. An example of an appointment is Trump likely expecting federal judges he appointed (such as Judge Cannon) to have some loyalty to him. That's not the same thing either since judges are lifetime appointments and not supposed to be partisan or political positions. I'm just not a big fan of public officials pledging or having loyalty to people just because they helped get them where they are.

16. defensewinschampionships

defensewinschampionships GC Hall of Fame

Sep 16, 2018
    Trump should go with Vivek.

17. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    It was “look at me” backstabbing at its finest.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  18. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    He does check almost all the boxes. He's a young telegenic person of color and most significantly he's a groveling election denier. That being said ironically his charisma which is a real strength could be a drawback as far as Trump is concerned. Given his narcissistic personality disorder and his need to be the absolute center of attention Trump could very well decide against selecting a running mate who could draw attention away from himself.

19. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    I’m not sure the analogy flies. I don’t think there should be ire against Scott for running against Haley (like DeSantis running against Trump, in your comparison). The backstabbing occurred when Scott withdrew from the race, and rather than support the person who put him in the public power, Haley, he grandstanded and endorsed Trump. If DeSantis had endorsed someone other than Trump(who DeSantos credits for taking office given Trump’s endorsement), then DeSantis would have arguably backstabbed Trump (which he didn’t)

20. defensewinschampionships

defensewinschampionships GC Hall of Fame

Sep 16, 2018
    I was thinking if Trump wins and has the massive coronary everyone expects, we could at least have a President who buys diapers for his kids and not himself.

• Funny Funny x 1