Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

::: Trump v. Harris Debate Thread, Tue. at 9pm on ABC

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by okeechobee, Sep 9, 2024.

1. G8R92

G8R92 GC Hall of Fame

Feb 5, 2010

Breitbart is red meat for morons. When I get price increases on Chinese goods I resell, I just lower my profit margins and absorb the costs. NOT!

2. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    The delusion is strong with this one …

3. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Beyond his usual whining about how unfairly he's being treated (it's still hard to imagine anyone respecting someone like that) he's got such a good grasp of freedom of the press.

https://www.mediamatters.org/donald...ld-have-its-broadcast-license-revoked-because

• Like Like x 2
  4. obgator

obgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    For the GOT fans in here

• Funny Funny x 6
  5. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    Damn that’s funny. We can’t solve cancer with our collective brains but we can crank out a meme that is funny as shit.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Yep, I brought it up at the time, but it isn't getting too much play given the multitude of other crazy stuff. The guy went on a rant about his great relationship with the head of the Taliban and how he wanted to meet with him, multiple times calling him Abdul, when his name is Hibatullah Akhundzada. No clue where "Abdul" came from.

• Winner Winner x 2
  7. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    At the beginning it seemed pretty even. Yes everything Trump said was a lie, but he seemed even keeled and authoritative and she was a big hesitant. But once she started baiting him he became unglued and she became more confident. The important thing is he had more negative meme-able moments - like the whole I have the biggest rallies thing, the cat eating Haitians, and a few others.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    Just about everything he says is a lie at some level. Sam Harris called him a “firehose of lies”.

Republicans complain about the moderation but Trump over talked his turn and got himself additional reply talking time and it shows in the overall time they talked. Luckily the more Trump talks during rebuttals the worse he generally looks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Yeah, the best argument for bias on ABC's part isn't saying that we have no evidence of dogs being eaten by Haitians or post-birth abortions, it is the fact that they let him speak for longer about post-birth abortions and dog-eating Haitians.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    For all the people attacking the moderators. They deferred to Trump literally every time he broke the rules, even after saying “time to move on”. The ONLY time I recalled them cutting anybody off was with Kamala. To be fair, I think that only happened once.

It was pretty clear Trump was hanging himself with the extra time, so maybe alot of dems watching on TV were like “do go on…”. But the moderators still made themselves look weak.

Of course that “extra time” Trump had is not the reason the MAGA crazies are upset, they are upset because the moderators dared ask a 1/6 question or that they fact checked him on “they’re eating the dogs!!!”. I admit that last one was weird, but mostly because it struck me as too batshit crazy to bother “fact checking” it as something that could even be brought up on that stage.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. FutureGatorMom

FutureGatorMom Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    After 24 weeks if there is an issue that endangers the mother because of the fetus's condition, they induce labor and deliver the baby. Some of these babies live 10 minutes, some an hour. Just like you would make the decision to unplug a loved one who isn't going to recover, you can chose to allow that child die in your arms.

I posted a story about a woman who's unborn daughter had a tumor that grew from the size of a walnut to the size of a melon in just 5 weeks. She was induced and the baby lived 20 minutes. There is a picture if you think you could stomach it.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  12. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  13. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Maybe he calls everyone from the Mideast 'Abdul.'

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. swampbabe

swampbabe GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Viera, FL
    I popped in here for a good laugh about the “spin” from the MAGA contingent. I was not disappointed

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    It just might. Many of my Trump friends are saying things like,”the debate was boring” (it objectively was not),or “I’m so tired of having two terrible candidates,” and other similar disclaimers. None had anything positive to say about Trump.

While none of them are changing their vote,they all seemed to be more disinterested than they were before. Much like the Left felt after the Biden debate fiasco.

It might make a difference in voter turnout, if things stay status quo (which of course, they will not—we will most certainly have an October Surprise)

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. PITBOSS

PITBOSS GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007
    Congratulations to our Democratic THFSG members on Harris’s win last night. Still a ways to go but enjoy your candidate’s solid W for now.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
  17. PITBOSS

PITBOSS GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007
    curious what you thought of Harris last night?

Last edited: Sep 11, 2024
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    This is a lot of words to completely evade the issue. The issue was whether Trump was honest, not whether Kamala lied during the debate. Trump was not honest. He lied repeatedly.
    Yes, she answered it by saying she supports the protections from Roe v. Wade, which allowed restrictions after viability. And let's be precise about your demand here. You want the federal government "out of the process" so state governments can be even more involved in "the process." Pass.

• Winner Winner x 5
  19. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Nobody is saying that they should try to "end" the war in Ukraine because Russia is occupying part of the country. Ending the war means allowing Russia to invade its neighbor, take their land, and keep it. That's not something most of us are willing to abide.
    Truth is that the people who genuinely care about policy made their minds up a while ago.
    You gotta hand it to Trump. He's consistent. Always claims victory, even when he loses.
    Abdul is a person. He's not the leader of the Taliban, but he was the lead negotiator.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. swampbabe

swampbabe GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Viera, FL
    I thought she did exactly what she needed to do and that was be the grown up in the room. Walking across to shake his hand was a boss move. She looked to the future and invited everyone in to the tent.

Contrast that with the same old firehose of bullshit and grievance out of Trump”s mouth.

• Winner Winner x 8
    • Agree Agree x 5