Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Trump tells FoxNews why he won't debate Harris

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by cocodrilo, Jul 30, 2024.

1. apkgator

apkgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    But it's not about him/them, it's about us.....and he absolutely does owe it to us. Let's not act like this is some rushed and inconvenient circumstance. We are months from the election and there is NO excuse for them not to debate. And I certainly don't consider one change and "unlimited amount of do overs".

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. swampbabe

swampbabe GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Viera, FL
    Harris was on the same ticket as Biden so you can make the argument that primary voters voted for her as well, especially considering Biden’s age.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. cocodrilo

cocodrilo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    We've sure come a long way from the first televised debate, the one between JFK and Nixon. The "nastiest" thing I remember being said in that debate was when Nixon referred to something JFK said as "that kind of woolly thinking." Wow, he said woolly!

I also remember JFK cheating. There were supposed to be no notes, but JFK was shown looking at a note during the debate.

Not as bad, I suppose, as when W had a hidden earpiece while debating. While talking at one point he told whoever was speaking to him through the earpiece, "Let me finish!" That W was sharp as a tack.

4. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    wrong, it was the democrats refusing to look the other way when it was obvious their candidate wasn't qualified.

why won't the pubs do the same?

• Like Like x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

I think you are missing the point. ALL of those polls/interviews are only showing the few that fit the narrative. They dont show the many that are ignored. Also, most college kids arent that worried about this stuff.

If you think they are, you're out of touch.

Mine are worried about their grades, rent, car payment, work, friends, etc.

They are kids

• Like Like x 1
  6. tilly

I'm not stuck with anyone. I won't vote for either and wont lose a minute sleep either way.

I supported Trumps impeachment.
    I dont support the views of J6.

"My people" is a weird thing to call the party I officially left.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. tilly

1. It was obvious internally and to anyone honest externally. It just became too far gone.

2. Great question. It's why I left

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. okeechobee

okeechobee GC Hall of Fame

Sep 11, 2022
    I suppose it's possible the numbers in her poll were skewed, but do you really think many Israelis believe in their heart of hearts Harris is a better president for them than Trump? If so, please kindly highlight what it is about Harris that Israelis would feel better about than Trump. If we're going on recent events, for example, Harris skipped Netanyahu's speech to Congress and Trump invited Netanyahu to Mar-a-lago. If you're an Israeli, you would receive Harris' snub about as well as you would if Paul Finebaum left the Gators out of his Top 5 SEC East teams of all time list. So again, please let us know why an Israeli would be for Harris over Trump? Especially given the current situation on the ground in the ME.

9. tilly

Im making no claims at all..and you may be correct...I'm just saying these unscientific click bait polls are not really swaying anyone who is objective.

10. okeechobee

okeechobee GC Hall of Fame

Sep 11, 2022
    After watching that video, I don't think the purpose was to necessarily sway anyone. It was more of just an informational video. No different than most polls. I don't think she has any illusions she changed anyone's vote with that video. I could be wrong. But if the substance is pretty accurate to begin with, what's the issue if she was trying to sway?

11. jhenderson251

jhenderson251 Premium Member

Aug 7, 2008
    [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. tilly

Perhaps a refresher on what Devils advocate means. ;).

The "we" for from the person speaking.

Now lets quote the times I called for Trumps impeachment. (Hint, I called for it day one.)

Last edited: Aug 1, 2024
  13. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    And how has Harris made you feel better about any of what you mentioned above? She's for that fossil fuel killing... job killing... inflation increasing, Green New Deal nonsense.

14. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 11, 2011
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  15. tilly

Where have I said that?

Trump lovers think that being against Trump means being for Kamala.

It's so tiring.

• Winner Winner x 2
  16. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I'm not talking about what you said. I'm simply stating that Harris will cause far more disruptions to our economy than Trump's policies would. She's for that crazy Green New Deal that would crush our economy and increase inflation even more.

Look up her past stated policies to see what she really wants to inflict upon us all.

17. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 11, 2011
    I think he has to debate now. She’s already ahead in the polls. If he chickens out she’ll run away with it. She might anyway but that seems like his only real shot to cause a disruption.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. tilly

Ok? I think she would be a bad for the country.

19. enviroGator

enviroGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 12, 2007
    Exactly, no matter what some here may think, he agreed to two debates. If he now tries to back out he is going to look like he is afraid to debate her. And that would make him look weak, and he can't have that. So he will bitch and moan, maybe succeed in getting it moved to Fox, but he will debate her.

And that is going to be must see TV!

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    Continued B.S.

The democrats pushed out Biden because he looked like he wouldn't be a good leader. He had a successful administration and was neck and neck with Trump with most polls in the margin of error. Replacing him was a risk but the democrats knew what was right. Its ridiculous to act like the Democrats haven't been infinitely more responsible than the GOP. Biden just negotiated the release of hostages, picked a successor that is putting up a really good fight, was lucid enough to make the right decision on passing the torch, and is 6 months removed from a really strong SOTU speech, and mic dropped a question on Trump a few hours ago. The fact is, he was pressured out and it is a testament to the democrats doing the right thing. They usually do the right thing on their way to losing an election.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1