Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Trump tells FoxNews why he won't debate Harris

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by cocodrilo, Jul 30, 2024.

1. g8trjax

g8trjax GC Hall of Fame

Jun 1, 2007
    Honestly if her handlers had any sense, they would just avoid everything, debates and press conferences until the election. It's not like the press or dem voters give two shits.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. jhenderson251

jhenderson251 Premium Member

Aug 7, 2008
    It's hard to imagine the level of cognitive dissonance required to make that accusation given the GOP nominee is a convicted felon and rapist.

• Winner Winner x 3
  3. jhenderson251

jhenderson251 Premium Member

Aug 7, 2008
    Some might. Most would thank whatever gods they worship that, even with a Republican victory, at least Trump would not be President.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Besides wanting the questions up front, Chicken Kamala want to also change the previously agreed to debate rules involving the mics:

Kamala Harris' Fear Is Palpable As She Desperately Tries to Change the Rules of the ABC News Debate – RedState

In a move that will surprise no one, Kamala Harris is now pushing for major rule changes at the ABC News debate. That comes after her campaign spent weeks insisting that any deviation from the Biden-negotiated event would represent cowardice on the part of Donald Trump.

Still, Trump eventually agreed to the original terms of the September 10th debate on ABC News while offering debates on Fox News and NBC News to complete the traditional three-debate slate all modern presidential elections have. In response, the Harris campaign refused to agree to the Fox News event while proclaiming the "debate about debates is over."

If the "debate about debates is over," why is she insisting on major rule changes this late in the game? Her lackeys were quick to push the idea that if Trump objects to this bait-and-switch, then he's "afraid."

Never mind that Trump has already practiced for the debates under the agreed upon rules. If ABC consents to giving the questions upfront or changing the mic rules and I were Trump, I'd give ABC the middle finger salute and move on, same for NBC.

Chicken Kamala hasn't reconsidered doing a 3rd debate on Fox News either. Bawk, bawk, bawk, bawk, bawk.

5. coleg

coleg GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2011
    Pub alternative reality: felon states he might chicken out of debate = Harris being the chicken? Note:Up is down until further notice. LOL

• Like Like x 2
  6. HeyItsMe

HeyItsMe GC Hall of Fame

Mar 7, 2009
    Just ignore everything he says and believe the opposite. Pure usual, Trump will only agree to something if it’s completely rigged in his favor because he’s an idiot and needs every advantage he can get.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. pkaib01

pkaib01 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I find this a cynical perspective (and unproductive). It is a hasty generalization to assume the 'press and dem voters' do not care and I know you cannot substantiate the claim.

'dem voters' are not the only voting bloc that she needs to reach. Independent and swing voters are a consideration and debates and press conferences are a form of direct communication to them.

• Like Like x 1
  8. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

In the real world I agree. But on this politically charged board? I think it would skew away from the norm.

9. Gatorhead

Gatorhead GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia

While the political history of the United Sates is full of examples of extreme "Rancor", especially in it's first century of existence, it became damn serious
    in the 1850's and of course into the 1860's leading to the catastrophe of the "Civil War"

Now, in the age of Social Media, and the disimination of information by anybody via You Tube or other platforms, it is frightning to see the political divide and lack of discourse.

And I have no wish that any side was crappy. I frankly wish voth sides would stop being crappy. Or better yet, I wish we had more sides to chose from[/QUOTE]

It seems with the insane partisanship now enveloping the country, that an opportunity may arise for a populist third party candidate, that is sane, and speaks to unity, shared prosperity, equal rights, and expouses a vision of the future that has a resonable appeal to Americans, may emerge as a realistic third party

Of course I speak as a citizen whom recently turned 65, with two sons, (young men now), and believes that it makes NO SENSE, for a country, with literally every advantage on the planet, compared to all others, to rip itself apart over partisan politics. From my perspective it's literally madness and a complete FAILURE by the RNC and the DNC, and perhaps of the mind set of our individual citizenry and our political process to have such poor leadership choices.

Power for powers sake, is not the ideal I grew up with, when it came to politics. Once upon a time, it seemed like (good/great) political leaders, were those that
    served the people, not the party, and certainly not for self interest.

Sure, I recognize a level of Naivete in the above statement, but when a diplomat, or better yet a soldier, enlists, and is expected to sacrifice life or limb, and the graveyards are full of these people, both here and abroad, it's pretty hard to see both parties defiling these commitments and sacrifices with their partisan B.S.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2024
    • Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  10. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    She won't conduct a real non-staged interview let alone debate Trump. She'll back out before showing up unless she has a total debate moderator guarantee to wade in on her side. She can't do it alone and by the agreed debate rules that she wants to change now at the last minute. This is reality even though lefties don't possess the discernment to see it.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. HeyItsMe

HeyItsMe GC Hall of Fame

Mar 7, 2009
    Everything you just said is 100% what Trump wants. He literally won’t agree to a debate unless he gets to control everything because he knows he has no shot at winning said debate otherwise. Trumps always been a shitty debater, nothing new here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    You're blind and a totally lost cause. (shaking head)

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. coleg

coleg GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2011
    Let me translate this word salad: Felon is chicken and states he might back out of the debate so this means Harris will back out. And for the rest of today up is down.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  14. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    I like how you are playing both sides of this to make sure that you have an explanation either way. So if she backs out, you can use one line (she was chicken). If she doesn't, you can use the other (she has the moderators in her pocket). So you will claim to be right regardless of what actually happens. Interesting tactic.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. sierragator

sierragator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Similar to the orange god saying that if he wins, it was fair and square, if he loses it must be rigged. :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Is @ETGator1 making up the part about Harris wanting the questions upfront? ... can't find that any article I've read. Just says she wants hot mics back, which used to be the standard...

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  17. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    Or the amount of nonsense that simply comes out of Trump’s stupid mouth.

18. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    The election is crooked unless Trump wins. Same rationale.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. WestCoastGator

WestCoastGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 12, 2007
    upload_2024-8-27_9-35-58.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 4
  20. HeyItsMe

HeyItsMe GC Hall of Fame

Mar 7, 2009
    LOL! I’ll take that as a compliment coming from you.

• Agree Agree x 1