Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Trump tells FoxNews why he won't debate Harris

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by cocodrilo, Jul 30, 2024.

1. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    Covfefe!

• Funny Funny x 4
  2. cocodrilo

cocodrilo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    My prediction if there is a debate. By mid-debate Trump will be in such a mental state that, like Roberto Duran fighting Sugar Ray Leonard, he will say "no mas" and walk off the stage.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. GatorRade

GatorRade Rad Scientist

Apr 3, 2007
    You think the nominee of the Republican Party should be in charge of setting the rules for the Democratic Party?

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  4. GatorRade

GatorRade Rad Scientist

Apr 3, 2007
    One thing seems clear: Had we not had the first debate, Biden would still be the Democratic candidate. That debate was a saving grace for the nation. Unfortunately, no longer does it seem expected for candidates to provide their taxes or medical records, and losing the expectation of presidential debates would be an even bigger blow to democratic transparency. I pray that the voters never let any candidate get away with ducking a debate.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. cocodrilo

Apr 8, 2007
    Come on, man. Biden's debate performance was due to a cold, two-week jet lag, and... I may be forgetting something. Anyway, just a bad night. For me, the startling news that came out of that debate was that "we finally beat Medicare."

• Funny Funny x 4
  6. sierragator

sierragator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    If he gets flustered, he will resort to even more insults. Even if he slips and called Harris the N word, he won't lose any of his supporters.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  7. Contra

Contra GC Hall of Fame

May 15, 2023
    I agree with Trump on this one. I think this is more analogous to the Florida fans who have argued in the past we shouldn’t play FSU because it legitimizes FSU. Trump doesn’t need to debate Kamala. Kamala needs to debate to Trump.

Kamala also has a track record of keeping falsely accused men incarcerated as a prosecutor. Given the fact that Trump claims he has been falsely accused, it is probably not a good idea to debate a woman who is so well proven in her career in that regard. So, I would probably dodge a debate with her as well if I were Trump.

There will be debate questions about Trump’s trials, but there won’t be debate questions digging up Kamala’s dirty past in politics. Letting the debate play out in the advertising space will be a more level playing field that gives both sides an equal opportunity to determine what questions need to be talked about.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    He's sounds petrified. Not.

Lol!

I still say he ought not, bc it ain't nothing but a potential lifeline to a drowning loser. Let her sink.

(Perhaps let her debate JDV, as vp vs vp).

9. ncargat1

ncargat1 VIP Member

Dec 11, 2009
    I agree that Trump has nothing to gain and everything to lose by debating Harris. Anyone with even a modestly developed intellect would embarrass that moronic dimwit. That first debate was a true testament to the slowing of the wit of President Biden.

Kamala Harris would shred Donald Trump, and after years of questioning her intelligence, if she shreds him on national TV many of his worshipers will flee the sinking ship and slink back under the rocks many of them have slithered out from under.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  10. sierragator

sierragator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    ,,, and predictably the apologists come out of the woodwork to defend their orange god at all costs.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    No. What's the basis for that suggestion?

12. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    He's still POTUS.

13. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    Interesting. "Saved the nation" bc his incompetence was explosed...

...yet, he's. STILL. POTUS.

o_O

Do y'all need this one translated?

Last edited: Jul 31, 2024
  14. cocodrilo

Apr 8, 2007
    Yes, but Obama's in charge. We know that because I read it here somewhere.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  15. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

I think it can be both things

1. He is chicken.

2. He shouldn't have to debate multiple candidates in the same election because the dems bailed on their first guy after he sucked in the first debate.

Honestly. Your guy sucked. You dumped him. Thats the dems problem.

I think both of the above things can be true.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

Does anyone speak jive?

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  17. mrhansduck

mrhansduck GC Hall of Fame

Nov 23, 2021
    I could understand a strategy that says if you're leading, debates only help the opponent. But I'm not sure if that's what is happening given that Trump was leading Biden in the polls and still chose to debate him. Maybe they knew that even if Biden "won," he was going to put people to sleep either way. Perhaps Trump team is hoping Democrats talk up how bad Kamala is going to beat him in order to manage expectations. I think managing expectations was something Trump handled horribly in 2020, which is why I think team Trump was talking about Biden using PEDs in 2024; they wanted to raise the bar for Biden instead of lower it.

I continue to think at least one debate will happen between Trump and Kamala.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    Just to be clear, what's being "defended" is a false premise.

Trump isn't refusing to debate. See the posted interview.

*SOME* of us are opining that Trump ought not debate Kacala (for different reasons).

19. GatorRade

GatorRade Rad Scientist

Apr 3, 2007
    It seems you think that Trump should only dignify a Democratic challenger who has become the nominee through a process approved by him, as if the validity of their process is not up to them.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. GatorRade

GatorRade Rad Scientist

Apr 3, 2007
    I was personally thinking of a few years from now, but I don’t think you can be calling the internal actions of a private company undemocratic and also be asking for the actual elected president to be removed.