Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Trump safe after gunshots in his vicinity at golf course; FBI investigating assassination attempt

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by okeechobee, Sep 15, 2024 at 5:13 PM.

1. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    No need to for insults. This sure looks like you're saying people here are blaming Trump. Maybe you can help us slow learners and explain its real meaning.
    thanks

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  2. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    I wasn't insulting you. I was simply suggesting that you learn to read.

You, however, called yourself a slow learner. If that's true, I wish you the best of luck in your reading comprehension goals.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. PITBOSS

PITBOSS GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007
    and maga conveniently leaves out after that he said “And we fight. We fight like hell. And if you don't fight like hell, you're not going to have a country anymore and “So let's walk down Pennsylvania Avenue.”

and that’s exactly what trump followers did - attack and fight police officers wanting to get their hands on our elected officials.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. gatorpa

gatorpa GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2010
    East Coast of FL
    Once upon a time the original anti vaxxers were all lefties. I know quite a few who still are.

5. mikemcd810

mikemcd810 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    It's all linked in there or you can verify yourself in the transcrpt:

The January 6th Select Committee found that the words “peacefully and patriotically” were drafted by Trump’s speechwriters – not Trump. Those two words were also completely at odds with the rest of Trump’s highly inflammatory remarks, during which he retold multiple lies about the election and directed the crowd’s anger at Vice President Pence and lawmakers. While Trump uttered the word “peacefully” just one time during his speech, which lasted more than an hour, he used variations of the word “fight” 20 times. That was Trump’s authentic voice. Though Trump knew the assembled crowd was “angry,” he ad-libbed the word “fight” on approximately 18 occasions. Trump also personally added multiple incendiary lines, including this one:

“We fight like Hell and if you don’t fight like Hell, you’re not going to have a country anymore.”

I'm not going to continue this any further. Look into or don't. Your posting history shows you have no interest in the truth - only in being right, even if that means continually moving the goalposts until you can claim victory. Kind of like claiming victory over something I wasn't arguing since I never claimed that he didn't say peacefully.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. PITBOSS

PITBOSS GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007
    Yes that’s obviously insults.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Agree. He used the phrase “peacefully and patriotically” once in a nearly one hour extremely inflammatory speech.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  8. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    Yes, online is probably more likely. Hopefully there is a trail and eventually arrest #2.

In either case, I was responding more to your “blaming the gun” comment. I found curious because literally nobody was injured from this gun. What could the gun be blamed for?

On the other hand if the guy used the gun to target golfers through a fence (as in a mass shooting) killed a bunch of people on the golf course, it would be fair to say the weapon allowed that to happen, would it not!? Presumably there was nobody around and nothing for this guy to shoot at before he was caught by secret service and fled the scene.

9. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007

I stopped reading after you said his speech writers wrote that for him to say. Is that your play here? Seriously? Quit while you are behind.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Ah, so I guess you win, huh? You talked about how disgraceful the board, how I can't read. Win, win, huh? Well done!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    That was true until Trump republicans decided it was to their political benefit to court anti-vaxxers.

Before that the most famous anti-vaxxer was probably Jenny McCarthy.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Too bad you didn't bother reading the entire post. In the context of Trump's speech in its entirety the phrase “peacefully and patriotically” was meaningless.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. NavyGator93

NavyGator93 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2015
    Georgia
    I've only used one online site and they required shipment to FFL who verified I could legally buy weapon.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. GatorFanCF

GatorFanCF Premium Member

Apr 14, 2007
    Correct. 2nd attempt at assassinating a political figure and most of the comments are about how he deserves it. Truly feeble.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. NavyGator93

NavyGator93 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2015
    Georgia
    Anti-vaxxer, Haley supporter, Trump voting ammosexual yet this is somehow a liberal or the fault of "msm"?

Once again showing Trump loves the uneducated.

• Winner Winner x 2
  16. gaterzfan

gaterzfan GC Hall of Fame

Feb 6, 2020
    They are a sad lot. Just ignore the trolls.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    I have not spent much time and they probably have reported it by now. But early reports say he was likely shot at around 8 times in Pennsylvania. Certainly at least 3 or 5 times.

“Ten shots were fired in the span of roughly 16 seconds, according to video recordings taken at the rally. Four audio experts consulted by The Post said the first eight shots, fired in bursts of three and five, have similar acoustic signatures and probably were fired by Crooks, who was armed with an AR-15-style rifle.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/2024/07/30/trump-rally-local-officer-shot/

Thankfully he was not at recently.

18. GatorBen

GatorBen Premium Member

Apr 9, 2007
    If it’s a Bubba’d SKS with the serial number scraped off, it’s likely a stolen gun. No actual store is likely to be selling a convicted felon a crappy surplus Chinese rifle from the 1950s with an obliterated serial number.

This actually is one of the clearest instances where it’s tough to identify any additional gun control that would have done anything. It’s a rifle that (absent some weird modifications that usually just make it stop working correctly) doesn’t have a removable magazine at all, and became common primarily because it isn’t covered by assault weapons bans and was really cheap and widely available during the AWB years. He’s a prohibited person who couldn’t legally buy a gun anyways, and even putting the legality of him owning a gun aside, no one could have legally sold it (whether in a commercial or person-to-person sale) because it’s a federal felony to transport, ship, receive, or possess a firearm with a destroyed serial number.

19. okeechobee

okeechobee GC Hall of Fame

Sep 11, 2022
    Mandatory buyback programs.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2