Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Trump safe after gunshots in his vicinity at golf course; FBI investigating assassination attempt

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by okeechobee, Sep 15, 2024 at 5:13 PM.

1. demosthenes

demosthenes Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Is it that easy to get an AK-47 into our country? He must have obtained it in Ukraine.

2. vegasfox

vegasfox GC Hall of Fame

Feb 4, 2024
    I did but the info on is not easy to obtain. One article I found said said something like "Martha's'Vineya4d Course Obama Plays is Under Tight...". Clicked on it and my.
    cellphone screen glitches and a video.popped up and I clicked on it
    My.phone started beeping
    More clitching. A message popped up saying my phone has 3 viruses. I think I might now be on the same list Tulsi is on

The Secret Service agents now know they are in real danger from automatic weapons fire. I think they will have more agents in the woods. Trump's golf cart will be upgraded. SS might protect Trump by putting up physical narriers between Trump and possible long range sniper locations. Trump should have weapons in his vehicle. From what I did find out, it looks like the SS needs more men in the field. Anyway, I'm pretty sure the more you search this subject the greater the chance you will have gov"t agents knocking on your door. So I'm out

Last edited: Sep 16, 2024 at 11:30 AM
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. GatorBen

GatorBen Premium Member

Apr 9, 2007
    There are semi-auto derivatives of AKs that are legal, and I’m going to guess that’s potentially what this was since he didn’t catch an illegal machine gun charge in this first round of charges.

Edit: Looking at the picture, pretty sure that’s actually an SKS and not an AK variant at all.

The SKS well has about dried up at this point, but prior to the “Norinco ban” (the ban on importing Chinese arms) surplus ones were coming in by the mountain and were about the cheapest thing you could buy (this was the early 90s to be clear). It was the really early post-WWII battle rifle for Communist countries, only exists as a semi-auto, and in its normal configuration would have a wood stock and a 10 round fixed magazine that you load through the action of the gun with stripper clips.

That appears to be a “Bubba’d” one where someone put it in a plastic stock and dropped a Tapco style replacement magazine (still a fixed mag that you have to load from the top, and damn near impossible to load) in it. That’s not really something anyone does anymore, but it was a popular way during the 90s assault weapons ban to get a gun that, while completely impractical, at least sort of looked like an AK.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2024 at 11:34 AM
    • Informative Informative x 2
  4. CHFG8R

CHFG8R GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    St. Augustine, FL
    Waa! Cry some more Sunshine.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Maybe Trump should be using a golf cart like this.
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Okay, I had no real information on this man, but this article explains something about who he is and where he's from. Read the comments too... interesting stuff there.

From the comments section:

goodbye bumbye.....you never even checked.... bet you got that out of your?

Ryan Wesley Routh, 58, is in custody after he allegedly pointed an AK-47 at the former president while he was playing at the Trump International Golf Course in West Palm Beach on Sunday.
    He is a registered Democrat and donated 19 times between September 2019 and March 2020 to the Democratic political action committee ActBlue, Federal Election Commission filings revealed.
    The donations totaled more than $140 and were earmarked for individual 2020 Democratic presidential primary candidates including Andrew Yang, Tom Steyer and Sen. Elizabeth Warren.
    ROUTH'S SOCIAL MEDIA WAS FILED WITH ANTI-TRUMP RHETORIC AND PREVIOUSLY SAID THAT 'DEMOCRACY IS ON THE BALLOT,' reported The New York Post.

Man arrested in suspected Trump assassination attempt lived in Hawaii, North Carolina | Honolulu Star-Advertiser

Last edited: Sep 16, 2024 at 12:02 PM
  7. okeechobee

okeechobee GC Hall of Fame

Sep 11, 2022
    Dems voted 46-2 in favor of this most recent Ukraine military aid package. GOP voted 31-15 in favor. Most GOP in that 31 are considered more moderate centrists. This guy's manifesto is the full-throated support of and participation in the Ukraine war. Imma go with he is on the left. Especially considering the dozens of contributions he made to the Democrat-linked group in Hawaii. Not to mention he moved thousands of miles away from a light red state to a deep blue bastion (Hawaii).

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. CHFG8R

CHFG8R GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    St. Augustine, FL
    Real Republicans were attacking Biden from the right on Ukraine from Day 1. Traitors were parroting Noam Chomsky. I see you fall into the latter category.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  9. okeechobee

Sep 11, 2022
    Your insults mean nothing to me. It's not difficult to see what the problem is here.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  10. mikemcd810

mikemcd810 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    It's very telling that posters think opposing one of our main adversaries (Russia) is considered a left position and not just an American position.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. CHFG8R

CHFG8R GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    St. Augustine, FL
    No it isn't. Which explains why MAGA Morons are so wrong on it. Keep up the good work Comrade Sunshine!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. okeechobee

Sep 11, 2022
    Seems like this thread hit close to home for you. I'm sorry. Perhaps some reflection on your part would be helpful.

13. CHFG8R

CHFG8R GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    St. Augustine, FL
    They were told to. It literally goes no deeper intellectually than that. It's why they're always chasing their tails with stupid rationalizations that Russia = Good and America (when Trump isn't POTUS) is evil and bad. In other words, the thinking of a 3 year old.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. CHFG8R

CHFG8R GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    St. Augustine, FL
    Cool story bro! Lots of nothing here. Like all your posts. Keep toting that water Comrade Sunshine!

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  15. GratefulGator

GratefulGator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 15, 2016
    Boulder Colorado
    Not to minimize the shooter's actions, but a quick google search says the AK47, in the hands of a good shooter, is only accurate to about 220 yds.

16. okeechobee

Sep 11, 2022
    Yet you keep responding. Obviously, the thread hits close to home for you. Perhaps some self-reflection would do you well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. CHFG8R

CHFG8R GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    St. Augustine, FL
    ZZZZZZZ. Do better Mr. Chomsky.

Let me guess, self awareness is not your strong suit?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  18. okeechobee

Sep 11, 2022
    I think the actual distance from where the gun was found to the hole he was targeting is roughly 150 yards. DeSantis was speaking in general terms, not the actual distance. (i.e. there should have been more distance between a guy like this and the former POTUS)

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. okeechobee

Sep 11, 2022
    All the best..

20. CHFG8R

CHFG8R GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    St. Augustine, FL
    Peace out!