Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Trump & Mein Kampf

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by ETGator1, Jul 18, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rtgator

rtgator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I trust Mr Jacobs knew a hell of a lot more about the Holocaust and how it happened than either you or I. From the article linked below:

"For several years he worked to design a Holocaust memorial for Albania’s capital. Unveiled last month at the entrance to the Grand Park of Tirana, the simple memorial features three stone plaques — in Albanian, English and Hebrew — that highlight the stories of Albanians who saved Jews during World War II."
    . . . . . . .
    "His motivation goes beyond wanting to highlight the bravery of Albanians during the war. Jacobs himself is a Holocaust survivor who spent time in a Nazi concentration camp as a child."

“For me this is not simply about designing. This is sort of a personal experience,” he said."
    . . . . . . .
    "Born Stefan Jakubowicz in the Polish city of Lodz, Jacobs and his secular family would move to Piotrków — a city that became home to the Nazis’ first ghetto. The ghetto, which housed 25,000 people, was liquidated in 1942."

"Jacobs and his family — his parents, older brother, grandfather and three aunts — eventually were sent to concentration camps."
    . . . . . . .
    "Miraculously, all of Jacobs’ immediate family survived the war, though his grandmother died shortly after the camps were liberated."

(He probably learned a lot about what happened from his family who survived.)

This Holocaust survivor turned architect designed a memorial honoring Albanians who saved Jews - Jewish Telegraphic Agency

Last edited: Jul 18, 2024
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
  2. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    OP, I don't think Trump got your "Don't compare yourself to Hitler" memo lol

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 3
  3. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Why do you read rubbish like this guy? He's a low life not worth following.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 2
  4. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    You proved ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, NOTHING.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. flgator2

flgator2 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville
    Yes, they are.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Spurffelbow833

Spurffelbow833 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 9, 2009
    Snopes.com is a danger to our democracy! But only for this one time!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. gatorchamps960608

gatorchamps960608 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 4, 2020
    Hitler's Jewish solution started with concentration camps.

Do either of the candidates in this race want to set up concentration camps?

• Come On Man Come On Man x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Hitler killed 6 million Jews and 6 million more undesirables like homosexuals, gypsies, and more. Nobody is staying Trump is Hitler's analogue equivalent. However, it begs the question, if Hitler was so bad, why is Trump quoting from Hitler's Mein Kamph?

We don't know if Hitler coined the phase, "poisoning the blood," or not. But it is accepted that Hitler added this phrase to our lexicon when he printed it in his book Mein Kamph when talking about the Jews in Germany. Now Trump comes along, and uses the exact same phrase, multiple times, when talking about undocumented immigrants coming to the US.

It's a fair question to ask about a comparison when Hitler used the phrase "poisoning the blood" about Jews, and Trump uses the exact same phrase about a different group of people. I mean, why would we want a POTUS candidate that goes around and quotes Mein Kamph?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  9. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    I can try and help on this. There is a distinction between being Jewish, and being Israeli. Make no mistake, Trump has been the most pro-Israel president that I recall. Israelis generally LOVE him.

American Jews, particularly in the big cities like New York, generally lean Democrat. People I know in smaller towns, though, lean Republican. The majority of American Jews are proponents of civil rights, for what should be obvious reasons — World History has not been kind to Jews in terms of civil rights.

As for Trump and the claims he is antisemitic, I don’t buy them. He has Jewish family members by marriage, and by all credible accounts, he has no religious-based animosity. To the extent Trump even cares about someone other than himself, I don’t think he cares two poops about religion of any sort. I believe his deep-seated Christianity is a farce; he is no more religious than the agnostics on this Board.

That said, while I firmly believe he is not anti-Semitic (or otherwise anti-any religion), his actions while President ENABLED racism and hate to flourish. His over-indulgent need for adulation won’t let him criticize those that love him, and he is loved by racist groups, even though he is not himself part of the racist group.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. 108

108 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    NYC
    This sums up Trump

“It was miraculous. It was almost no trick at all, he saw, to turn vice into virtue and slander into truth, impotence into abstinence, arrogance into humility, plunder into philanthropy, thievery into honor, blasphemy into wisdom, brutality into patriotism, and sadism into justice. Anybody could do it; it required no brains at all. It merely required no character.

Joseph Heller, Catch-22

• Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  11. rtgator

rtgator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Correct.

The inability (or unwillingness) of Trumpers to follow this logic is revealing.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  12. magnetofsnatch

magnetofsnatch Rudy Ray Moore’s Idol Premium Member

Apr 10, 2020
    North Florida
    You answered my question. Thanks.

13. duggers_dad

duggers_dad GC Hall of Fame

Jan 5, 2022
    Trump is Hitler who crushed America under his jackboot.

So they banned him on Twitter and then fired him.

14. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    While it's a stretch to suggest that Trump will set up death camps, he will undoubtedly set up camps for undocumented immigrants including families with young children awaiting deportation that will be similar to the internment camps for Japanese Americans during World War II, not unlike the one pictured below with the difference being that the immigrants will probably be housed in tents rather than in buildings.
    [​IMG]

15. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    How do people think mass deportation works if you dont set up big camps where you say, "concentrate" a large number of people to be transported?

16. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    I fully expect Trump to herd illegal migrants onto boxcars and send them east, then send F-15’s to strafe the boxcars like the Allies did in WWII.

17. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    Its funny that you have done Holocaust denial on TH in the past, except for this. "You have you question those numbers, but not the ones accidentally killed by Allied powers"

18. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    Holocaust Denial - the suspicion that 5,999,999 or fewer Jews died in WWII.

19. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    Ok, Mr. Irving

20. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    It was the public and judicial hounding of Irving, for deigning to question *aspects* of the *popularized narrative*, that led me to take a closer look at the subject.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.