Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Trump gifted personal Covid testing machines to Putin during the height of pandemic

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by WarDamnGator, Oct 8, 2024 at 9:09 AM.

1. gator_jo

gator_jo GC Legend

Aug 9, 2024
    Not sure what you mean. You mean.....this is super important info, that would and should cause people to not support or vote for Trump? So does this, then, mean that you no longer support or will vote for Trump?

Also, you are aware; writers and authors don't instantaneously dump all their notes and info acquired from interviews.....within days of acquiring such info. That would kinda defeat the purpose of....packaging it into a book, no?

Edit : Oh, I get your point now!! This is super important info, but....since it was released now, and not instantly......it should be considered not true.

So you get to continue worshipping your Orange God. Funny how it managed to work itself out that way. :)

2. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 11, 2011
    If it was proven to be factual would it stop you from voting for Trump? Nope.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  3. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    Just Bob Woodward’s lifetime of journalistic integrity. That’s a high bar for me. For a guy that has had numerous books and movies made about his fight for the truth, and is the icon of journalistic integrity itself, I have a huge problem NOT taking his work as accurate.

I guess my question to you, given Woodward’s lifetime achievement of work, what lends you to disbelieve the story?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Apparently, Trump also asked Putin's opinion in 2017 regarding Ukraine aid. According to former Secretary of State Tillerson, Putin played Trump like a violin and convinced Trump Ukraine was 100% corrupt and not a real country, as it should be part of Russia.

Trump is Putin's useful idiot, and Putin knows how to play Trump. Praise Trump and he'll believe anything you have to say. For a KGB trained guy like Putin, convincing Trump to be on his side is easier than training a dog.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. exiledgator

exiledgator Gruntled

Jan 5, 2010
    Maine
    True. Only two people know for certain.

The better question is: Why did he ask everyone to leave the room?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    You have an author of proven reliability and a court adjudicated serial liar. It's not exactly a flip of the coin credibility-wise.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. gator7_5

gator7_5 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    If that's all it took to keep Putin from invading Ukraine, I think it's a pretty good investment. Maybe Biden should've sent him over a few containers full of expired Covid vaccine to keep him appeased.

off-topic, wasn't Putin supposed to die like two years ago? What happened to that illness?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  8. thomadm

thomadm VIP Member

Apr 9, 2007
    Again, assumptions... I'm not voting for a major party candidate. You all can't think straight, all partisan.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    Are you serious?!?! Appeasing NEVER works. Give him free Covid kits, next thing he does is start to demand free condoms. WHEN WILL IT END?!?!?!

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. thomadm

thomadm VIP Member

Apr 9, 2007
    Everyone lies, that's how you make $.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  11. thomadm

thomadm VIP Member

Apr 9, 2007
    Because of timing, profit and bias.

• Like Like x 1
  12. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    Or, you make your money through hard work, extreme diligence, uncompromising determination, and a refusal to quit. Just like the work in which he’s earned his reputation.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. thomadm

thomadm VIP Member

Apr 9, 2007
    You don't think bad folks don't have all those attributes? Buy the book, I'm sure it will be an enjoyable read and help the publisher.

14. BossaGator

BossaGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    Arlington, VA
    Interesting. In my world, credibility is how you make $.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    All three are fair, but timing and profit are explainable — just before the election is the best time to sell the book. And bias? I don’t have enough info but even if true, the bias would provide the string motive to find the truth.

What would not make sense to me is for someone as accomplished (as highly compensated) as Woodward to burn it all—literally a lifetime of achievement and recognition—for a quick buck.

16. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    No. I don’t think bad folks have a lifetime reputation of journalistic integrity—so much si that the name Woodward is synonymous with worldclass journalism.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Not all that surprising considering Putin's obsessive fear of contracting Covid a graphic example being his propensity to use tables like this when he had one-on-one meetings.
    [​IMG]

18. gator_jo

gator_jo GC Legend

Aug 9, 2024
    No, no no!!

Not "both sides." Not "everyone does it."

Ya see, not everyone is as patently vile, or thoroughly bereft of integrity and morals as Trump is, and by extension the political right has chosen to be. Some people have a demonstrable reputation of integrity. And for others, the default assumption is not that they are a dishonest liar, or a criminal.

We've seen this movie before; drag everyone down into the Trumpy cesspool as if all people are of the same moral fiber. Not the case, and, even though it may be many years too late, cerebral people are no longer going to tolerate that false equivalence.

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. G8R92

G8R92 GC Hall of Fame

Feb 5, 2010
    Woodward is 81 years old. Probably hides his own Easter Eggs.

20. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    If this were the benchmark, there would be zero threads started by pubs on Too Hot.

• Winner Winner x 4