Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Trump found guilty on all 34 counts

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by ThePlayer, May 30, 2024.

1. sierragator

sierragator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Is Tecopina guilty of treason too?

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 11, 2011
    There’ll be so much time for golf!

3. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    he claimed it as a business expense. don't think that paying hush money qualifies as a business expense

• Winner Winner x 3
  4. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    dems just need to run that as a commercial, no editing required. Kudos to him for speaking the truth. he will now become another maga target

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. cocodrilo

cocodrilo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    I'm going to research and write an article on how all of these Trump trials or persecutions are at the bidding of one person, Crooked Joe Biden. The title of the article will be "The Hidden Biddin' of Biden."

6. philnotfil

philnotfil GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    I don't know who this low energy loser is, but he needs to shut his mouth and only talk about sports?

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    DTMSSD.jpg

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 2
  8. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Former Trump attorney Joe Tacopina tears into Tim Scott over his "uneducated" and "unintelligent" claims Biden weaponized the justice system.

“I can’t believe the hoax, the sham, this absolute injustice, justice system,” said the South Carolina senator, who is reportedly being considered to be Trump’s vice presidential pick.

“Joe Biden’s injustice. Joe Biden’s two tier injustice system. Weaponizing the justice system of the United States of America against a political opponent? Un-American. Joe Biden, you’re fired.”

“But I sorta lost a lot of respect from what I just heard because he sounded so uneducated, unintelligent and made no sense at all,” said Tacopina, who added that Biden ― and anyone from his Justice Department ― has “absolutely zero to do” with the Manhattan District Attorney’s Office.

“So to say that Joe Biden brought this case is one of the most ridiculous things I’ve heard. We know that’s not the case and even Trump’s lawyers know that’s not the case.”

MSN

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Off-topic Off-topic x 1
  9. PITBOSS

PITBOSS GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    59 years old with a 8?? year old son...45 year old software magnate marries 21 year old college student that he "met" when she was a 17 year old high school student...good old traditional republican family values. smdh, Gaetz must consider him a mentor. can you say grooooomer..she went to college on a scholarship named after Rose's parents..

How Republican Rep. John Rose Found His Wife - The American Prospect

In March 2007, 17-year-old high school senior Chelsea Doss (now Chelsea Brooke Rose), traveled four hours from Eagleville to Gatlinburg, Tennessee, to participate in the state’s 79th annual Future Farmers of America convention. Over the course of three days, her Eagleville High School chapter competed in the state competition, and nine of its members, including Chelsea, won the State Superior award, a top showing. That wasn’t all. Chelsea also won the State Job Interview contest, and was even named the 2007–2008 Tennessee FFA Association state president.

Among the convention attendees was her future husband, the then vice chairman of the board of the Tennessee FFA and current Tennessee congressman John Rose.

Not even four years later, according to an engagement announcement in the now-defunct local paper the Eagleville Times, the two were married. Chelsea was at the time a 21-year-old college senior at Tennessee Technical University; John was a 45-year-old software executive with a long history of involvement in the Tennessee FFA, a board member of both the FFA and chairman of the board at Chelsea’s college.
    Not long after her triumph at the 2007 FFA convention, Doss received the Jerry and Betty Williams Rose Scholarship, named after Rose’s parents, to attend Tennessee Tech after graduating high school. She was very grateful for that support in a 2010 interview with the Murfreesboro Post, from before the two were married. “John has made everything possible that I’ve done in FFA beyond high school. Through the scholarship that he provides, I’ve not had to have a job through college,” Chelsea said, indicating that the scholarship was secured before she arrived on campus as a freshman. “I’ve been able to train, improve, focus on FFA and focus on school. That scholarship has made all the difference,” she continued. “[John] has also coached me during my preparation, which has been extremely helpful.”

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Take a look at the photo in their engagement announcement:

Congressman John Rose is decades older than his wife. They were engaged before she graduated college.

12. gatorchamps960608

gatorchamps960608 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 4, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 3
  13. Contra

Contra GC Hall of Fame

May 15, 2023
    I don’t think the corrupt person at the top of all of this is Joe Biden. I think it is the delusional hate-filled New York populace. They elected Alvin Bragg, who campaigned on locking Trump up. He didn’t know what he was campaigning to lock him up for. He just knew he was going to find a way to lock Trump up. This is a guy who filed failed motion after failed motion trying to lock Trump up! It did not matter if the motion had any credibility to it. This is a guy who had a mission. He had a goal. And he was going to be persistent in obtaining the goal of delivering on his campaign promises. The constituency who elected that man on the platform of locking Trump up is the constituency the jury pool was drawn from.

People around here can say whatever slogans or buzz phrases their media over lords will lead the sheep in saying about this, but anyone who would elect someone on the basis of “I’m going to find a way to lock Trump up” has a severely perverted view of justice. A prosecutor who knows who he wants to lock up, but he has not figured out the crime he is going to lock that person up for yet should never ever be allowed to hold the office of the DA anywhere in the country. That is not justice. I call that Stalinism and/or communism because Joseph Stalin is the one who coined the phrase “Find the man, and I’ll find the crime.” And that is literally what happened in this case.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    If this is true, then why has Bragg also charged about 34 other people with about 160 similar felonies? Bragg called prosecution of white collar crime like this the bread and butter of the DA office. It's usually very easy to prove because of the paper trail, and tells white collar criminals that they will not be able to get away with it.

• Winner Winner x 2
  15. Contra

Contra GC Hall of Fame

May 15, 2023
    Red herring. Communist governments also prosecuted legitimate criminals. That does not change the fact that they targeted their political enemies. Both of those can be simultaneously true.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    If Trump committed the exact same crimes as the others Bragg has charged with felonies, why should Trump be treated different? What makes the other criminal acts legitimate crimes, but not Trump's acts? And should a jury decide this? And they did, didn't they!!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  17. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    Not a red herring. The prosecutor & judge's bodies of work are relevant if folks are going to claim bias.

18. apkgator

apkgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    The ultimate irony is your media overlords lead you like sheep into believing Bragg "campaigned on locking up Trump". The reality is that when asked about Trump he indicated he would "go wherever the facts take me".....which is exactly what I would expect and want from a DA. He did make references to holding him accountable and that he had experience with Trump, but that is a far cry from campaigning on that issue. And given a resounding guilty verdict it would appear he was correct in doing so.

• Like Like x 3
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. G8tas

G8tas GC Hall of Fame

Sep 22, 2008
    Trump could be found guilty in all 4 cases and the right would still think he's innocent and that the justice system is rigged

• Agree Agree x 4
  20. Contra

Contra GC Hall of Fame

May 15, 2023
    Trump’s charges set a new precedent in the state of New York. There is no precedent that is like this case where you can say someone went to jail for doing what Trump did. The money was paid for political purposes, which makes labeling it a political expense valid. Trump is right. This was a witch hunt to fulfill a campaign promise to a constituency who voted for a DA who said he would lock Trump up.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2024
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1