Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Trump found guilty on all 34 counts

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by ThePlayer, May 30, 2024.

1. lg4uf_

lg4uf_ VIP Member

Mar 13, 2023
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. vegasfox

vegasfox GC Legend

Feb 4, 2024
    NY will not flip red. As Robert Barnes has stated, Republicans should get out of NY, Cali, Illinois and New Jersey

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. ValdostaGatorFan

ValdostaGatorFan GC Hall of Fame

Aug 21, 2007
    TitleTown, USA
    Can confirm. Krebs is 100% legit.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  4. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
  5. phatGator

phatGator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2007
    Dayton, Ohio
    I know a guy who subscribes to the same way of thinking. When he first told me about it, I spent about 30 hours looking into it as deeply as I could. I concluded it was all totally bogus.

Most of the things I found merely repeated what someone else had written. It’s been several years now, but I recall that it all went back to one lady’s blog. That blog was full of misunderstandings and enormous leaps of logic that were unfounded.

The Organic Act, gold fringes on flags, capitalizing United States, appeals to maritime law, saying the United States is a corporation, and all the other concomitant ideas, are all built on a house of cards that has no justification whatsoever.

• Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  6. GrandPrixGator

GrandPrixGator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I find the past 5-10 years of Trump support pretty fascinating from a psychology perspective. It reminds me of a section from the book "Poor Charlie's Almanack" which is a collection of speeches and life wisdom from Charlie Munger (RIP), Warren Buffet's "silent partner" of many years. He essentially states that anyone (regardless of IQ) who adheres to a strict ideology, can suffer from a distortion of general cognition and be completely blind to it. He gave examples from the left (Noam Chomsky, Ralph Nader), and the right (Warren's father, Bob Dornan). He stated that it's one thing to suspect that we may all be better off if one thing happens or doesn't, but to be 100% certain on things like that with a "strong, violent ideology turns one into a lousy thinker".

Pretty prescient stuff from a speech in the 90's. It's pretty easy to sort out the ideologues (right or left) on this forum from those that, while having an inclination left are right, haven't lost the ability to think for themselves. Now as to the "why" someone has found their way to a strict ideology, that's a totally different conversation.

• Informative Informative x 2
  7. philnotfil

philnotfil GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    It is so wild to me that people believe that includes something so easily debunked as "Our Constitution was changed from The United States For America to The United States Of America". We still have the original. It clearly reads United States of America. Even if you believe the national archives are in on it and replaced the original with a forgery in 1871, how do you explain the 13 known copies of the first printing of the Constitution that also use the same United States of America language?

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. PITBOSS

PITBOSS GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007

POTD. Good insight on the group-think of why so many maintain loyalty to Trump no matter what. It’s especially relevant as it’s a significant impact to our country. (And politics in general). Any links on add’l info? This probably needed its own thread vs getting lost with all the rest. Outstanding post

Last edited: Jun 2, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  9. GrandPrixGator

GrandPrixGator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Not really other than reading the book about Charlie. While the book is somewhat about investing, it's more about life wisdom. He calls it employing "multiple models" in how he goes about evaluating companies and whether to invest/buy, but really he's just advocating becoming a well rounded person and using multiple disciplines (math, physics, psychology, history, philosophy, etc) to make better investment and life decisions. The book was an impulse buy after listening to the Acquired podcast (highly recommend) on Berkshire Hathaway and also an interview between the Acquired guys and Charlie. Fascinating(and hilarious) guy. My favorite line was equating going into a situation unprepared to a one-legged man getting into an ass-kicking contest.

10. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    Sheep are notoriously docile, not known for their intellect, and mindlessly go with their herd....like our modern day dems...

Most of that 52 mil came from first time donors. That categorically does not sound like mindlessly following a herd.

That's a lot of fence sitters with the bejusus scared out of them, that their government of the ppl, by the ppl etc, had gone full banana republic on them, and twisted and contoterted the criminal justice system to serve their political ends.

It's terrifying to rational ppl.

Not to sheep. To sheep, it's hunky dory...bc that's where the herd is going...

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  11. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Putin, destroy people's faith in the electoral and justice system of the US. DJT..hold my beer, I got this. disturbing how many are buying this bs.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  12. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    "lg4uf_ said:
    If it happens it’s because the military is orchestrating it, to wake people up. We’ve been a captured Republic since the Organic Act of 1871, with President Grant selling us out to bankers and their Central Bank. Our Constitution was changed from The United States For America to The United States Of America. Look up The Creature From Jekyll Island. We’ve been lied to in a terrible way."

It's somewhere between creepy and scary that supposedly educated people buy into that nonsense. Sovereign Citizens and QAnon followers have adopted a lot of it.

The United States of America has never been named the United States for America. Never happened, total bullshit.
    The US Constitution was never changed to reflect a change in the name of the country. Never happened, total bullshit.
    The Creature from Jekyll Island is more conspiracy theory bullshit.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I always find it amusing when you of all people challenge the intellect of particular groups. To the person, the Dems you interact with here are brighter than you. Our "contoterted" criminal justice system? Even you had to work overtime to come up with that abomination of a word.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. flgator2

flgator2 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville
    Awe little navy don't like hearing truth

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Emmitto

Emmitto VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    It’s Qanon. And it has infiltrated these boards.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    ...and yet no one can produce a shed of evidence that any of the claims made by anyone on here can be sourced back to this Q perdon... hmmmm...

Anyway, that sounds more like the stuff that one guy from back in the day used to champion. Don't remember his name, but his avatar was upside down US flag inside a British flag, with the dollar sign worked in there, and his standing thesis was that the dollar was controlled by the Brists, and by extension, us. Something like that. 'Charts n graphs', maybe?

...in any event, if this Q guy is so readily and easily accessible as to be so ubiquitous and influential...

....then surely one of yall can one day produce a link sourcing something to this him?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. danmanne65

danmanne65 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 2, 2022
    DeLand
    I don’t think anyone really believes the earth is flat. I think it’s people just being contrarian and having fun driving other people crazy. Trump support I wish I could put into the same category. I want for nobody to be so stupid as to support Trump but alas 30 percent of the country does. I do choose to believe his supporters on this sight are usually trolls. It may not be true but it is what I choose to believe.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  18. cocodrilo

cocodrilo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    The problem with Trump's trial is that you're supposed to be tried by a jury of your peers. With Trump that's impossible. That would require a jury pool of nothing but human scum.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  19. NavyGator93

NavyGator93 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2015
    Georgia
    It's been so enjoyable to watch you and your clutch of maga fools have a forum style meltdown over the last couple of days. Can almost picture you angrily pounding away at the keyboard thru tearful eyes.
    It's amazing.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  20. flgator2

flgator2 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville
    That's where you're mistaken I am nothing like you and never will be you guys are the party of the whiners

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1