Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Trump campaign speaker excitedly calls for "civil war" if Republicans lose the election

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by orangeblue_coop, Jul 23, 2024.

1. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I will not do anything... only an idiot would respond to something that hypothetical.

I'm not going to entertain a hypothetical that someone else invented. However, that man is a state-elected official... not connected to Trump nor this election cycle on a federal level.

2. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2016
    Translation: “I have no problem with this scumbag politician calling for a civil war.”

typical

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. swampbabe

swampbabe GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Viera, FL
    False equivalence but I don’t have an obsession with minding someone else’s business.

Many Trump supporters lack simple economic knowledge and seem to be immune to facts, we see it here daily. We currently have the strongest economy in the world, the lowest inflation in the G7, and a return of manufacturing but Trump supporters will never acknowledge that.

Trump and other Republicans play these folks for fools and they play along for different reasons. Maybe they’re too dim to understand, maybe they’re comfortable letting their racism/misogyny flags fly, maybe they’re scared that they’re being left behind, maybe they’re rich folks that only care about a tax cut, maybe all of the above.

• Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Dislike x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Come On Man x 1
    • Best Post Ever x 1
  4. Gatorrick22

Apr 3, 2007
    Yes, you have no problem inventing that strawman argument crap you swill. Nothing you said was honest nor accurate.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. gatorjo

gatorjo GC Hall of Fame

Feb 24, 2024
    My bad, I must have misunderstood the word "we."

And everyone knows there are a whole lot of True American Patriots who are very concerned about election integrity and who really really love democracy. 1000000045.jpg

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  6. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2016
    And you have no problem with scumbag politicians who call for civil wars. And LOL@a Trump zealot talking about “honesty.” Have several seats.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. Gatorrick22

Apr 3, 2007
    Look who's talking...

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Gatorrick22

Apr 3, 2007
    I did not agree with his statement being a call for civil war.

9. philnotfil

philnotfil GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    You are predicting that after four more years of democrats running things, people will be so happy they won't want to give the Republicans a chance to get back in power?

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. lacuna

lacuna The Conscience of Too Hot Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Redlands, Colorado
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    I don’t think most people believe Trump is unfit to serve as President because he is an adulterer. It’s the aggregation of cheating his wife, cheating investors, cheating consumers, cheating creditors, cheating the IRS, and cheating charities. Add to that his serial lying, and on top of that his post election malfeasance (lying about election integrity, concealing and moving the Country’s highly sensitive confidential records while straight-face lying to the Government about whether he had the documents.

There comes a point when enough’s enough.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    MAGA thinks Haley is left of Bernie Sanders.

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    Hard to imagine any politician bringing the U.S. back to some consensus if Obama couldn't do it (noting that shift to the right would require another candidate). As for rick, we just laugh along with him and pat him on the back over on the football board. :D

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Okay, lets compare:

"Liberal media" goes to every diner, manufacturing town, etc. in rural Ohio, Pennsylvania, Michigan, North Carolina, etc. and asks them about their thoughts. You want a ton of examples of this?

How Turned Off Are Voters? Check Out Tommy’s Diner (Published 2016)
    What an Ohio diner can teach Washington about politics
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ylvania-chicken-plant-now-struggle-to-fit-in/
    Deep in Trump country, a Michigan town mistrusts all elections, except its own | Bridge Michigan

"Conservative media" goes to...well, the same places. When they do go to cities, do they try to understand gay residents? Black residents? Liberal residents? Are they going to a Yoga studio to talk to liberal women about why Democrats appeal to them? No, they just go in to tell you why you should be scared of all the dangerous criminals that are coming for you if you vote for Democrats.

So I am not at all buying this "nobody is listening to us" explanation from the people that like to refer to themselves as "Real Americans" as if they are more American than that liberal woman at the Yoga Studio in Park Slope. The real complaint: not everybody agrees with them. And that complaint has metastasized away from any particular issue and is now just a generalized resentment that other people also have some level of power, not just them.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2024
    • Like Like x 2
  15. phatGator

phatGator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2007
    Dayton, Ohio
    I doubt that is a hard, fast rule for you. I would hope that if you saw your neighbor pummeling his son with a baseball bat, that you would mind someone else’s business. The discussion is only where to draw the line.

It’s interesting that all of your “maybes” are negative. Can you not imagine a normal, positive reason that somebody would want to vote for Trump? If not, then you’ll have a very difficult time understanding Trump voters.

I know a lot of people who voted for Trump and I suspect will so again. These people are not dim. They are very intelligent people. Most have a college degree, and some advanced degrees, and even PhDs. Some are engineers. Several are doctors. A bunch are current or retired Air Force officers, including two brigadier generals. One of the brigadier generals is also a doctor, and was one of only seven general officer doctors in the entire Air Force.

These people are nobody’s fools. They are not dimwitted, they are not racist, they are not misogynist, and they are scared of no one. They are people who love their country.

I know it’s a lot easier to tag people with negative stereotypes, but until you understand these people and why they vote for Trump, the discussion will go nowhere.

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. swampbabe

swampbabe GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Viera, FL
    They may not be fools but they think that they deserve a certain place in society because of who they are and what they look like.

To answer your question, no, I can’t think of any positive reason that someone would vote for Trump. He is a racist, a sociopath, a con man, and a sexual predator. I’m always amazed that evangelicals can throw away all of Jesus’ teaching to support that charlatan.

His economic proposals are nonsense and anyone with a modicum of understanding of basic economic principles knows this.

I have no desire to live under a Christian Taliban although I’m sure that there are people here who would love that.

And to your opening paragraph, I have a question for you. Do you vote for politicians that support policies for families like the child tax credit (every Republican voted against it), free lunches, paid maternity leave, education funding, or any other program to support children or families? Have you adopted a child, fostered a child? If your answer is no then your position/arguments are empty.

Edit to add: a brigadier general that would vote for Trump after his handling of classified documents is quite troublesome.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  17. gatorpa

gatorpa GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2010
    East Coast of FL
    You have time again in this thread proven you are the one who can’t comprehend the original point.

Clinton was well know to be a serial philander in 1992, maybe you didn’t know because you were hidden away in Mom’s basement.
    Nobody has tried to make any equivalence to Trump.

The was people really don’t care that that much about it then and they still don’t care that much about it now.

You’ve been schooled on this by at least 3 other posters.

Just give it up and stop trying to move the goal posts now.
    You can go back to your standard 4 paragraph diatribe about how terrible Trump and Republicans are now, not that most people are even reading it anymore at this point.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. gatorpa

gatorpa GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2010
    East Coast of FL
    I know numerous MDs who are voting for him again and plenty aren’t white anglo-saxons, I guess they are all idiots too.

Thing is the more intelligent Trump voters aren’t gonna spout off all over the place. They just sit back and quietly pull the lever.

• Like Like x 1
  19. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

Oh Rick. :(

• Like Like x 1
  20. phatGator

phatGator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2007
    Dayton, Ohio
    So you’re saying that someone’s position and arguments can only be solid if they vote like you.