Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Trevor Etienne skates

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by savgator1956, Jul 11, 2024.

1. antny1

antny1 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2019
    That is the thing. Trying to compare this to some first offense leniency or some privileged wealthy person getting off light isn't what is jumping out here. Not that I agree with the latter example at all. But this is the 5th documented event regarding reckless driving as well as racing and DUI from the same program. The first "warning" given to Jalen Carter didn't do anything to curb the behavior and what happened? Dude fled the scene of a crash with two people dead or dying on scene.

Minnesota just lost a rookie killed by a drunk driver. Henry ruggs killed an innocent girl and her dog. Henry ruggs himself lost his best friend to a car accident.

If any other entity had multiple members involved or arrested in the same type of event that threatened public safety while routinely getting off with little to no punishment then the general public and media would be all over them. Religious group, fraternity, political party, etc etc but because it's college football no one wants to admit this is a culture problem. No university, athletic dept or personal accountability because?

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  2. gatorpjb

gatorpjb All American

Jan 1, 2021
    Lithia, Florida
    Of course excellent representation plays a significant role, and if it had been an isolated incident you might sell it as a one off, but it is happening over and over again in Athens (and in fairness elsewhere).
    That seems to cast doubt on any narrative that exonerates the Georgia athletic department from any involvement in the seemingly out of control situation.
    Normal DUI’s are serious enough but when excessive speed is added it becomes deadly (that fact cannot be denied).
    Etienne in fairness cannot be absolutely judged by other cases, but the environment in Athens needs a thorough and honest investigation before others are seriously and needlessly impacted. Enabling isn’t help it’s the easy way out, most often with tragic consequences.

• Winner Winner x 2
  3. murphree_hall

murphree_hall VIP Member

Jul 11, 2019
    Why do you guys worry so much about what UGA and FSU do or don’t do? I focus on the Gators. All this complaining about other schools just makes us look weak. We have our own consecutive losing season problems to worry about.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. antny1

antny1 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2019
    You stated your opinion on this.
    Why do you worry about other people's opinions on a sports board? We can pull that card on any subject that doesn't directly affect us at a personal level.

Why did you take such a personal involvement in defense of Deion last season if it doesn't affect us?

I'll take a stab at the question anyway.

Because florida has been heavily criticized as a rogue program multiple times over the years and has had lingering scrutiny and ridicule from fans and media alike. Not that I want a pass for the program to operate with that level of disregard but the standards of ethics have not been applied the same and sure, it bothers me to see my university dragged while others skate. None of that touches on the fact that people have died in more than one instance and yet the question is "why do we care?" Weird.

Appreciate your contributions to this board and we've agreed to disagree on plenty of subjects but now you're asking people why even discuss this?

Last edited: Jul 12, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. ETGator

ETGator Long-Time Gator Stuck In East Tennessee Moderator VIP Member

Sep 15, 2007
    Not what I wrote, but you're just showing your true colors more and more . . . and, although you keep trying to spread that particular misinformation, Gundy clarified his remarks days ago making your misrepresentations now apparently agenda-driven.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2016
    Funny how lenient and understanding you are of Gundy’s treatment of his DUI running back. It’s almost like you refuse to believe that schools outside of FSU and rival SEC schools have coaches that coddle and enable degeneracy lol

• Like Like x 2
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 2
  7. orangeblue_coop

Nov 19, 2016
    Apparently Bobby Bowden and Kirby Smart are the diabolical masterminds of centuries of college football corruption. Mind you Kirby only started coaching in 2015 lol

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  8. G8R92

G8R92 GC Hall of Fame

Feb 5, 2010
    What happened to the Gundy thread?

9. orangeblue_coop

Nov 19, 2016
    Ask the person who deleted it

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. antny1

antny1 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2019
    He chooses to ignore it in order to facilitate his kiddie pool level depth of conversation.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  11. Crusher

Crusher GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2007
    And its so transparent as to what those colors are: Mustard & Ketchup

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  12. ETGator

ETGator Long-Time Gator Stuck In East Tennessee Moderator VIP Member

Sep 15, 2007
    Again, you mischaracterize in defense of the Holes or another Florida rival. Hmmmmm.

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. murphree_hall

murphree_hall VIP Member

Jul 11, 2019
    Well, you aren’t completely wrong to question me on this. It is a slippery slope, indeed. My point was that this has no affect on UF, and I personally don’t look at the other team I look at my team. Regardless, that is a fair criticism, and I don’t deny that your argument has merit.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  14. orangeblue_coop

Nov 19, 2016
    Calling out scumbag coaches who coddle their star DUI running backs isn’t defending anyone, nice try though

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. murphree_hall

murphree_hall VIP Member

Jul 11, 2019
    To be fair, I don’t think that’s what he’s doing.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. sierragator

sierragator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Figures. Boyaz will be boyaz moved NE.

17. MarineG8R

MarineG8R GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2014
    It’s a weird obsession.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. TrueGator

TrueGator GC Hall of Fame

Nov 11, 2014
    As predicted the day it happened, he skates just before the season starts. Football players get away with anything they want. I like ETN and his Georgia butt-sniffers even less now.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    If we had five congressmen racing and speeding and killing people, it would be world news. But these guys are just dumb football players.

• Winner Winner x 2
  20. orangeblue_coop

Nov 19, 2016
    Sadly, many people in society seem to be getting away with anything they want, not just football players.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1