Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Trevor announces he's entering the portal

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by gatormonk, Dec 7, 2023.

1. shane4three

shane4three GC Hall of Fame

Dec 24, 2014
    he has said different things such as wants to win, and I believe he liked a post the other day mentioning it would be nice if they knew the coaches were or something to that effect.

2. pogba

pogba Junior

Nov 28, 2013
    you see his bro on twitter? they are definitely me-first outlook and not team first. but hard to blame people too much for that. just not much fun to see as a fan who supports a team, when the players don't care about the team, just themselves.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. thom1507

thom1507 All American

Oct 13, 2019
    I don't think he'll ever be the #1 back in the SEC. There is a ton of talent in the SEC. Don't get me wrong, he's great and I liked watching him run. ETN is stocky, but he's still only 5'9" and ~200 lbs. Its not like he's got that workhorse 225 lb frame.

He'd do well in an Oregon type offense but the thing is, there aren't many of those types of offenses in the pros.

It wouldn't surprise me if he wanted more money and our NIL said "nope" we're not overpaying for a rb. Rbs simply don't get top dollar today unless they're a freak. Just my opinion...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. paidinfull

paidinfull GC Hall of Fame

Feb 22, 2017
    I just don’t see this one being strictly about the money, unless he thinks he’s not going to the NFL. His brother makes plenty of money to keep him comfortable until he gets his own check. I think he wants to be the feature back, and he wants to win. I think his family has been relentless about him being THE guy, and his mom’s comment today certainly seems to back that up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. ufmc84

ufmc84 All American

Aug 13, 2017
    Especially ones that can’t pass block or smart enough to stay in bounds with less than 90 seconds left in a tight game. He’s a dynamic runner but there is a reason he was second in the rotation.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  6. Tito22

Tito22 GC Hall of Fame

May 13, 2007
    I'm just thinking about all the RBs in the SEC next year and I just don't see who would be better than him.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. freedomgator

freedomgator GC Hall of Fame

Mar 26, 2017
    That may be true, dude's a fine player but I agree with the other guy that overpaying for a RB might not be the best use of resources especially if 2 stays. 5 should be ready to take part of the load next year, plus the transfer that should return from injury, plus I believe we have at least one HS commit at RB.

• Like Like x 1
  8. partdopy

partdopy GC Hall of Fame

Feb 1, 2012
    What's his incentive? He can keep trying his "process" while making $20,000 a day with absolutely no performance requirements or possibility of being fired unless he is paid tens of millions. If he wants to try to make it work he will and nobody can do a thing about it except pay generational wealth to stop him.

This is why I lost faith in Strychnine's hire on day one- after 3 failed coaching hires maybe learn and make one with incentive based pay? Nah, let's overpay for another young mystery coach. I still think BN can turn it around, I don't think he's an idiot, but it's looking worse by the day.

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. SJB612

SJB612 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 12, 2007
    Who missed the days when we were only upset about players leaving early to go pro? At least we got three years out of them.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. tegator80

tegator80 GC Hall of Fame

May 29, 2007
    Richmond, VA
    I will use a basketball parallel.

Noah Locke left the team because he thought he had a game that was not being utilized. He saw his "value" as a shooting PG. And so, off to Louisville and "prosperity". Um, not exactly what he thought. But to both, it is their decision and they have to live with it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. partdopy

partdopy GC Hall of Fame

Feb 1, 2012
    If he left because the offensive line sucks and no concrete steps are being taken going into year 3 to fix in, I get it. I'm not going to stay somewhere that throws me to the lions everyday for long if they're not visibly addressing the issue.

Dude only gets a few years of cfb, can't say I'd want to spend it getting crushed because my entire offensive line is awful. And he should live with it just fine. Two years is enough to judge if progress is being made to get the offense competent. If it's not then leave unless he really desires to graduate from UF, which I'm sure is not the case.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Most coaches fail. Enlightening everyone is not some Nostradamus shit. Almost everyone was bitching about Norvell in Tally two years ago. The few that stick with their coaches aren't genius when success comes. It’s just the two types of people.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    The backfields of good teams are crowded. The ones at Bama over the years have had to wait their turns. They’ve had many great backs and they all waited their turns. It’s really a blessing to only get 10-15 carries a game. Many backs years ago got the ball a lot for three years and really shortened their nfl careers. Some freaks like Emmitt were able to run a lot from hs to pros and still last but that’s rare. They’ve even lightened the load in the pros to give more longevity.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. tegator80

tegator80 GC Hall of Fame

May 29, 2007
    Richmond, VA
    This sounds plausible...in a vacuum. He was not being crushed because the line allowed a defender to hit him as he was getting ready to get the ball. If he thinks he can make blitz pick-up an option and not a requirement, well then he can do that, and he won't go into the NFL as a RB. He will be another Emory Jones whose game is limited. And so, enjoy your time in college because that will be all for you in football.

Now to the "final piece". I sometimes get the Steelers games locally and get to see Najee Harris. To me, he is about the best rendition of Eddie George I have seen in college. And yet, his "transcendence" on a team that values tough running is kind of meh. But there are plenty of teams whose RBs are just as effective but not as well known. My explanation for this? If you can play well, the NFL WILL find and use you...regardless of what your "fantasy football" stats were in college. Etn may have some good reasons why this next year at UF would not be in his best interests. But until further notice, being petulant and somewhat arrogant is still in play. It is what it is.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 3
  15. WC53

WC53 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 17, 2015
    Old City
    Ego. He thinks he is more worthy than coaches do. So does his mother and brother. Heck a large portion of the fan base does.
    The feelings on a losing team suck and he wants to win. He knows next year will likely be worse than this and wants to go out in style.

or he wants a check. Ymmv

16. gatornee

gatornee Sophomore

Apr 9, 2007
    If they have an issue with something like that, can’t they talk with staff? Can anyone imagine Tebow complaining about that. Self motivation?

17. Diesel350z

Diesel350z GC Legend

Apr 29, 2007
    If he and his family have an issue with him being RB2 herd then going to Alabama, Georgia, or Ohio State isn’t going to change anything. They all already have loaded RB stables and he will be splitting carries at all of those schools.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    it seems at times an excuse to point fingers at others instead of looking in the mirror. No situation is perfect, but it’s better to own your own shit and stand up and be strong

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. 62gator

62gator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    Tampa, FL

• Informative Informative x 4
  20. g8trjax

g8trjax GC Hall of Fame

Jun 1, 2007
    :emoji_grimacing:

• Agree Agree x 1