Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Travel warning to Florida?

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by ThePlayer, May 21, 2023.

1. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    It's what happens when one's understanding of the issue is based on right-wing caricatures.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 11, 2011
    I was just making a recruiting joke.

3. AlfaGator

AlfaGator VIP Member

Aug 31, 2007
    Much better to vacation in Chicago or Baltimore.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  4. gatorpa

gatorpa GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2010
    East Coast of FL
    Thing is you really don’t care or you would be just as disgusted about places like Chicago. Instead you’re aghast when CRT isn’t taught or elementary children aren’t taught about transgender sexuality.
    It’s more fun for you to talk about mass shootings than drive bys that kill scores more kids every year.

For that matter the NAACP doesn’t care either or they would issue a travel warning for places where it is truly dangerous for people of color.

• Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 3
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 2
  5. gatorpa

gatorpa GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2010
    East Coast of FL
    You make some great points on why hoods don’t work.

Any solutions to break the generational curse?
    (Not being snarky, truly curious)

6. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    No, you're not just standing up for academic freedom. You're standing up on this particular issue regarding a specific area of study that supports your worldview and your politics. It's arguably propaganda (in your favor) in the manner it is taught.

And Disney is subject to whatever laws the Florida Legislature passes.

I am talking about certain corporations in California being required to appoint a certain amount of minorities on their board as required by California policy. It was discussed between me and BLING in another thread.

You have this habit of willfully digging your head in the sand where you just discuss the law and only the law even when we're talking about the culture. Either you don't understand that there are perfectly legal means to tearing down this country through culture or you choose not to discuss it because your side has the bulk of institutional control right now. And I'm not just talking about Congressmen, the President, or Justices... i mean the all institutions of influence. Democrats take the cake on that and it's not even close. So you're doing everything you can to protect that power dynamic, even if it means pretending like there is no cultural problem because that's all you really need to take the wind out of DeSantis's sails. If there is no culture problem, then DeSantis isn't justified. But reaching this conclusion would require you to dig your head in the sand to such a degree, you believe what people tell you over what you see with your own two eyes every day on the news (regardless of where you get it) when you look at your kid's homework assignments, when you watch the Oscars, when you're grabbing a beer and you catch a preachy condescending commercial during a football game. It's everywhere. And it's not because it's what a majority want. It's because a vocal minority demand it and most people feel scared to say or do anything about it because they know they're risking their life getting ruined.

When DeSantis holds up a mirror for you, it's not his fault you think the reflection is ugly.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  7. docspor

docspor GC Hall of Fame

Nov 30, 2010
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    You are as usual wrong. You project your hypocrisy on others.

L-O-L.

Generally, yes. The exception is when Florida passes a law singling out Disney and punishing it for its political speech. The more you know.

Racial quotas are unconstitutional.

You keep talking about "culture" to justify stripping people of their freedoms. I support freedom and oppose your attempts to restrict it because you don't like how people use theirs.

P.S. If you're seeing it everywhere, it's because the majority aren't opposed to it.

I'm not the guy advocating for the government to attack free speech and suppress ideas. Nor am I the guy defending it. That's you, pal. That's your reflection, commie.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  9. UFLawyer

UFLawyer GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    What color hoods do the NAACP folks wear? They are one of the most racist groups in America. Luckily they are mostly irrelevant. I think the average American, regardless of race, cares a lot more about what Taylor Swift ate for lunch than the opinion of a bunch of racist boobs.

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. docspor

docspor GC Hall of Fame

Nov 30, 2010
    & yet here you are.

https://taylorswiftfanclubofficial.webs.com/

11. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Bro, comparing the NAACP to the Klan just makes you look bad.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. okeechobee

okeechobee GC Hall of Fame

Sep 11, 2022
    ChatGTP..

13. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2016
    So you admit you don’t really care about their safety, cool. That’s step 1.

• Creative Creative x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    My thoughts exactly when I read this.

I don't see you grandstanding against that.

No, you just provide cover literally every time your side does it. It's always some excuse so it doesn't count.

I can't help but get a kick every time you call me commie. :D I've been here almost a decade and I used to be more libertarian and you know what's never changed? You characterizing me as the worst of possible things. Nazi, racist, bigot, homophobe, segregationist, fascist, communist, etc.

Enjoy Ronny D, gator_lawyer. He's the future of the Republican Party. And keep telling yourself that his rise had nothing to do with people like you. You're only going to bring more politicians like him. And I'm here for it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    LOL. I didn't know it existed. Of course, I think the Supreme Court ruling on racial quotas was wrongly decided. I agree with Justice Marshall. But it appears the law was struck down:
    Overturn of corporate diversity quotas laws upheld in California appeals court

You swing and miss more than Mario Mendoza.

"I used to be a libertarian, but you said mean things to me, so I forsook all my principles." Hilarious.

I didn't vote for him, I don't support him, and I don't defend him. It's people like yourself doing all three. Give yourself some credit. :emoji_joy:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Orange_and_Bluke

Orange_and_Bluke Premium Member

Dec 16, 2015
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  17. UFLawyer

UFLawyer GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    By “you” did you mean the KKK? If so, I don’t care. The KKK (if there is anything left of them) has no redeeming value, so if I offended them-I don’t give a shi*

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
  18. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    Ah... so you believe in freedom of association unless it's regarding minorities. And you support something that is prejudicial and unconstitutional on its face when it's to your political advantage. Why am I not surprised?

Also, is the fact that a law is struck down sufficient for you to suggest that there's no problem? Will you say the same if laws the Florida legislature passes are ruled unconstitutional?

No, I realized libertarianism is only achievable when the other side grants you a similar baseline courtesy. If your role in power is leaving people alone while the other side's role in power is clubbing people into submission, you will always lose and your dream for how the country should be will never be realized.

My hope, people realize the problem with this sort of thing now that both sides have to pay the price for it and we go back to a country that relatively involves people respecting their neighbor even if they disagree with them on everything. Because this is the alternative.

There does come a point where I think DeSantis should change or should go away, but considering that all Democrats seem to be denying that there's even a problem and seem to miss the point, looks like he's not going away any time soon.

Last edited: May 23, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    So we have another member of the board of the NAACP vacationing in FL. I guess FL became extra racist in the last 2 years LOL. I want anyone thinking the NAACP is correct in their warning to own it. Let's see who believes this isn't a political joke.

upload_2023-5-23_8-24-33.png

• Funny Funny x 2
  20. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Look at all these racist visitors!

upload_2023-5-23_8-49-40.png

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1