Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Transfer Portal Thread (Other Schools)

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by INGATORSWETRUST, Mar 14, 2020.

1. GameTime1

GameTime1 GC Legend

Jul 27, 2015
    He would have probably been nice. But between dexter, Watson, lee, Thomas, humphries, mclellan we should be alright. Heck, I wouldn’t be surprised to see sapp or Boone or one of the smaller guys inside on obvious passing downs

• Like Like x 1
  2. spike718

spike718 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    I completely agree. I Don’t really blame the coaches - if money fund is equal amongst all schools I like our chances with Napier and his staff as better recruiters. But…seems the timing of our hiring a coach/coaches that focus on recruiting and are known recruiters is less impactful in the new world order of legit paying players and could be less impactful unless we have $ to give as much as others give.

You can recruit and establish relationships for a year and a week before signing day some other school can offer several hundred thousand and …poof…all your work meant nothing.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. ddrew91

ddrew91 All American

Dec 14, 2020
    We obviously have some money to spend on NIL. And if it’s money that wins out in the end. I like slow playing it until closer to signing day and getting the guys we’re really in on anyways instead of throwing money at anybody and everybody. While there isn’t a salary cap i feel like the collective and guard money still needs to be managed appropriately.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    We are just getting a little restless as to see where our money will be spent. I guess nape has other priorities.

5. ddrew91

ddrew91 All American

Dec 14, 2020
    I get it. I’m itching for the class to start filling in too. But with as process oriented as he seems to be i can’t imagine that he’s straight up striking out. While we need some depth at DT. Would you have rather spent NIL money on DJ or a highly touted HS kid? I thought everyone was under the understand that this was going to be a rebuild year anyways

• Like Like x 1
  6. TrueGator

TrueGator GC Hall of Fame

Nov 11, 2014
    ... said the lawyer.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Dumb post

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 2
  8. tommyvee

tommyvee GC Hall of Fame

May 16, 2007
    I don’t know how our current scholarship numbers play into this, but our lack of success in the portal is a bit concerning. For a team with such good recruiters, facilities finally on par and a booster base that should be able compete with anybody in NIL, we are currently rank 29th. We need some good news here soon.

2022 Transfer Football Team Rankings

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    He hasn’t really made any moves yet so it’s still wait and see. We also aren’t sure how much bank he has to spend and that’s the most important aspect.

10. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

This is exactly the shit that most of us feared when they popped the lid off the NIL can. Our sport has been compromised and it’ll never be the same again. Sad to see rich lawyers with more money than sense dictating the recruiting process. What we have loved about college football is all but gone. Time for me to rethink the season tickets.

There were so many ways to avoid this. Our values are in the toilet.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. tommyvee

tommyvee GC Hall of Fame

May 16, 2007

• Informative Informative x 4
  12. your_perfect_enemy

your_perfect_enemy GC Hall of Fame

Apr 7, 2010
    Those rankings are a little weird. It says we have 7 commits... one is Zanders, who is rated as a DL, never left and now looks like our best TE, and one is Truesdell, who while I understand from a counters standpoint was considered '22 but won't play for us this upcoming year.

I think you're right the numbers are impacting us at the moment, think we're at least 5 over at moment or will be once the freshmen show up. Certainly need some help at a few spots but very pleased with who've gotten so far.

13. spike718

spike718 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    From the looks of it we haven’t really seen an exodus of transfers post the spring game and are currently still above the 85 limit on scholarships. We may be being more selective than usual in the transfer market until we actually have the room (get under 85) unless we are going to push some players out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. tommyvee

tommyvee GC Hall of Fame

May 16, 2007

Did you count Goods, CDRW and Howard?

15. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

How lovely

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. thale410

thale410 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Yep. Getting tough to muster much interest in the sideshow CFB is becoming.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. propagator

propagator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Once again, this old addage rears its ugly head; Money, the root of All Evil.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. 06GATORS08

06GATORS08 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 12, 2009
    How can that be? Mr. Ruiz told us so much more goes into these relationships. It's not just about the money.

• Funny Funny x 3
  19. ncg8or

ncg8or All American

May 28, 2007
    Everybody gets a piece of the pie now...the agents...the lawyers...the handlers...the posse...the coaches...the family...and then the kid.

20. your_perfect_enemy

your_perfect_enemy GC Hall of Fame

Apr 7, 2010
    I assumed the 7 was just incoming but Maybe I misread what they were trying to get at? It said 7 commits on the team ranking page and then when you click on the link for the 7 it has: Torrance, Waites, Kimber, Miller, Johnson Zanders and Truesdell as coming to Florida

and had Hopper, Ellison (have literally never heard of him), Blades, Mincey, Bogle, Copeland, Diabate, Gamble, definitely leaving with Goods, Jones and CDRW undecided. I assume Howard isn't listed as a walk-on.