Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Top Democrats resigned to Trump presidency

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by l_boy, Jul 17, 2024.

1. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    There have been reports that a few people have noticed he’s slipped the last few weeks. Shit we all saw that. You’re revising history and acting like he had 4 years of that and we all ignored it.

Time and time again videos of him were bullshit. I think about the air handshake which righties love but I watched it live and that wasn’t it.

Democrats have been rational. Supporting an aging but effect president who builds good relationships with congress and allies but who is a bad public speaker. His recent slipping though has motivated the entire party to action fast while Pubs 10 years later let Trump piss on the constitution. Dems haven’t been spineless even if they don’t get Biden to step down.

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007

LOL. You honestly think he's only slipped "the last few weeks"? Man, some people are very gullible.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. dangolegators

dangolegators GC Hall of Fame

Apr 26, 2007
    They would lose and they would cause damage to the party and their own political future. That's not being spineless, that's just being smart. One Democratic congressman did run against Biden. He managed to win 4 delegates to Biden's 3900.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

This idea that Biden suddenly started slipping 2 weeks ago is hard to swallow.

I think a more likely case is now that the truth is out the democrats strategy is to act like it caught them by surprise.

No one really believes that. Do they?

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    Sorry about your feelings but you're not credible on this. He's been in the public spot light for 4 years. The debate was the first real loss of focus we saw. Mostly he just slipped up names and looked old. For years all we got was edited videos that I always watched the originals. Biden was my 5th pick 4 years ago. I was impressed by his accomplishments even though he has my lukewarm support.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    If youre referencing me youre being disingenuous because I didnt say two weeks ago. If not me then I wonder who said that?

Doesnt really matter what your right wing conspiracy nut tendencies bark about. The fact is those who decide who to support really saw for the first time at the debate. Not 10 years ago like Trump.

7. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    Suddenly started to slip in 2 weeks? No.

Over the past year? More plausible.

It may be a thing nobody realized or were glossing over because the duties of the POTUS are very orchestrated.

They did do a debate prep, so it makes you wonder wtf went on there. If he was that bad, surely that “inner circle” still trying to keep him in the game would have found some way to call it off.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. GatorBen

GatorBen Premium Member

Apr 9, 2007
    He’s had plenty of issues before the debate, you were just willing to buy the cover stories of “that’s taken out of context” or “he’s always had a stutter.”

Standing with his mouth hanging open staring out in space, or seemingly starting to wander away and being guided back by someone, or saying that the one word that describes America is askerbersherwedereumk, none of those are new. Hell, he was making claims that COVID and gun violence had, combined, killed more Americans than there are people in America in the 2020 debates.

Joe has been out of it, to a fairly significant degree, for a while now. It may be safe to say that Democrats didn’t realize how bad it was until the debate, but “this is all a new occurrence and has taken us all by surprise” simply isn’t credible.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Agree. Every time an incumbent president has been challenged by a serious candidate in his own party he lost. Reagan challenged Ford in 1976 and Ford was defeated by Carter, Kennedy challenged Carter in 1980 and Carter lost (he probably would have lost anyway but the challenge made matters worse) and Pat Buchanan challenged George H.W. Bush in 1992 with the first Bush going down to defeat. The Democrats would have been in far worse shape in Biden was seriously challenged than they are now.

10. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    Same idiots are posting pictures of Harris laughing as proof she isnt competent.

- Biden wanders off = > Took a few steps toward a parachuter and talked to him

- Air handshake = > Was supposed to shake hands with kid that introduced him who sat back down in his chair and he jokingly looked at him and extended his hand. The kid got embarrassed he forgot what he was supposed to do and laughed at the joke.

- Biden falls asleep => snapped during a prayer

There is plenty of this nonsense and you buy in. Nowhere had Biden in public lost his train of thought. He's not demonstrating the mental acuity for the job and with that he has lost support. Trump never has demonstrated it. Biden knows how to say "Yosemite" and knows we didnt take the airports at valley forge in the revolution".

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    LOL. You are falling for the banana in the tailpipe routine...

This is hilarious. Love watching people trying to say this "just happened". They refuse to accept they've been wrong for years. It's ok. We are all laughing, unfortunately we are laughing at you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. dangolegators

dangolegators GC Hall of Fame

Apr 26, 2007
    Everyone knew Biden was old and gaffe-prone. And people were certainly concerned that he was too old to be president for 4 more years. But no one predicted the debate performance. We had right-wingers here predicting that Biden would do ok in the debate because his bar was so low.

13. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    This was years ago where the President thought that the Army at Valley Forge had airports but because he says nonsense with conviction and without a stutter people like Ben are like. "yea its Biden that has been nuts". Please, go climb mount Yosem-mite.

"George Washington, commander-in-chief the Continental Army, suffered a bitter winter of Valley Forge, found Glory across the Waters of the Delaware and seized Victory from Cornwallis of Yorktown. Our army manned the airports it ran the ramparts it took over the airports it did everything it had to do and at Fort McHenry under the rockets." - Donald Trump

14. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    He should have stepped aside and opened up the primary and kept his promise to be a bridge candidate

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. GatorBen

GatorBen Premium Member

Apr 9, 2007
    Thanks for proving my point, you’ve got an excuse for everything even if two of the ones you could come up with excuses for are ones I didn’t bring up and have never even heard of.

And the wandering away and/or freezing and standing there staring off into space until someone (usually Jill) leads him to where he’s supposed to be isn’t a one time occurrence.

But continue screaming “who could have ever seen this coming” at the people who have been telling you it was here for literally years.

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. PITBOSS

PITBOSS GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007

Good points, and correct repubs will attack anyone and in a swift- boat manner.
    But some candidates do get enthusiasm from their party. Obama and trump did/do and they’ve been successful. and just as important a candidate not as unpopular in the general, where Harris net popular rating is slightly underwater. I don’t think that would be the case with for example Whitmer. And imo once KH gets rolling she’s not a great campaigner to the general population (and imo not very likable). Which is very important for her because many people are curious and they are hopeful she’s an acceptable alternative. Back in 2020, outside her big gotcha in the dem debate with Biden, she didn’t perform well, even amongst Dems.
    But probably most important, imo whitmer would come off as a bit more moderate vs Harris.

“In the 2020 presidential race, the California Democrat has slid from an enviable front-runner
    position in her home state into the single digits in a new poll of likely voters in the Golden State.”

Kamala Harris' poll numbers tumble in her home state of California

Last edited: Jul 18, 2024
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    OK smart guy. Give me the episodes that you have seen that should have warned us that he was losing focus like he did in the debate so I can see what the rest of us missed. Most righties accused Biden of being on smart drugs in January, six months ago. You wont do it.

18. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    At the expense of a broken record,Biden was intended to be, using his word, a transition president. He was not supposed to run again. He just can’t give up the power, and has convinced himself that only he can “save” America.

Biden discloses what would make him drop out of 2024 race — Fox News

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Obama was a once in a generation political talent. Trump lost to Biden in 2020. The same Biden who fell on his face in multiple previous presidential primaries. Hell, if we had 2012 Biden, he'd be wiping the floor with Trump right now. Unfortunately, we don't. Harris will energize folks by virtue of not being an old, incoherent man (unlike Trump and Biden). And she is the only option not named Joe Biden.

20. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017