Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Top 10 coaching destinations (per some podcast)

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by gainesvillegreen44, Mar 8, 2024.

1. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc GC Hall of Fame

Oct 8, 2013
    I think some are blurring the lines between a top 10 team and a top 10 coaching job destination. A Top 10 team we are not... but top 10 coaching destination? that just might be.

The guys who contributed to this top 10 list had their metrics on rating the teams but they all had to do with recent performance, NIL, admin, recruiting, etc but a coach making a decision on where to coach is also making a decision on where he will move and raise his family for the foreseeable future, and to think that alone isn't a major factor in their decision in short sighted by writers.

While not a fool proof list I'd try something like this...
    you can make a list of teams who have actually won a national title with in the last 25 years, there's only 13 out of a 130 plus teams over the last qtr century.

FSU(2)
    OU
    Miami
    OSU (2)
    LSU (2)
    USC
    Texas
    UF (2)
    Bama (bunch)
    Clemson (2)
    Auburn
    UGA (2)
    Mich

I'd pick from these 13 teams, they are the only teams that have shown to.actually be able to get over the hump that so many cannot seem to do. I'd start with taking the 7 teams that have shown to be able to achieve it multiple times. Then add 3 other single title winners.

Once you have 10 teams in no particular order, you start considering the other factors of course tondetermine the order of those 10. things like NIL, recruiting grounds, team history, success etc. But also things like location, family comfort levels, state taxes, area crime, the conference, brand strength/recognition, TV presence,.facilities etc.

UF in my humble opinion, while definitely not a top 10 team, they are certainly a top 10 coaching destination with all things considered.

• Like Like x 1