Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Tomahawk Chop controversy

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by FutureGatorMom, Oct 18, 2023.

1. CHFG8R

CHFG8R GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    St. Augustine, FL
    Which also coincided with their worst-to-first run in 1991. . . and FSU's success at the time. It was a natural fit given the newfound enthusiasm.

2. FutureGatorMom

FutureGatorMom Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    Meh, all women have dated and I'm sure would write a song about it. I don't have any girls in my family, so I don't get exposed to the "swifty experience". So maybe I don't have the fatigue some of you have :D

3. eightiesgator

eightiesgator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 16, 2017
    Ever been to Starkeville? Those damned cowbells are like those horns in South Africa when they hosted the World Cup...

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. hhpgator

hhpgator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 13, 2017
    A couple of thoughts. First, the whore chant is by far the most annoying practice in college football for me, with adults barking a very close second. But I loathe F$U and will beyond when my body turns cold.

That “university” lacks the integrity to ever cancel anything because it might be offensive. Being raised in that town, the locals are perfectly ok with racism. They always have been!

As for Ms. Swift, she is far more level headed and intelligent than blonde jokes would lead one to believe. Not to mention she seems to be an exceptionally good person. I’m not a fan of her style of music, but I won’t begrudge the talented young lady.

F$U sucks!
    Go GATORS!!!

5. UF76JMH

UF76JMH Junior

Sep 27, 2008
    Charleston SC
    If we could get a ban on the whore chant/t chop, sandstorm, Rockytop and….Beth Mowins….the world of watching college football would be a much better place.

Go Gators

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. RealGatorFan

RealGatorFan Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    She can keep it in the NFL but stay out of college football.

7. samdingo

samdingo Sophomore

Feb 19, 2012
    Ha ha. I'm a 'Nole and he's not wrong.

I like the song and it'll probably never get old for me but the chant and the chop... not for me but I've never really been a big crowd participation guy. LOL.

I didn't really notice it in the moment but I went to the Clemson game and the band wasn't there and it was actually kinda nice. Blasphemous maybe, I know.

Seminole Uprising is a nice tune too. They might play it pregame, I dunno. I was never in the stadium that early and haven't been to a home game in 20+ years.

I think there's a soccer club in Poland or something random like that that uses it too. I looked for it but I can't find anything that isn't FSU soccer related or the Warchant website.