Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Tim Walz, the defender of Christianity and the marginalized

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by citygator, Oct 1, 2024 at 11:44 AM.

1. gator_jo

gator_jo GC Legend

Aug 9, 2024
    Please don't use such pejorative labeling of other posters. It makes you appear angry, narrow minded, condescending, etc. And also emotional. But especially angry. It's really not a good look.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. phatGator

phatGator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2007
    Dayton, Ohio
    First off, I’m not going to defend Vance making those comments about eating cats. I wish he had never said it. We do need to remember that he did not invent the rumor. It was a woman on Facebook who has admitted it and apologized.

Vance did say that his senate office had received calls about that. I think the wise thing would’ve been to investigate more before saying anything publicly.

Theologically, faith never excuses any bad behavior. Faith can lead to forgiveness for such behavior when we repent from it.

If by terrorizing Haitians you mean the bomb threats at the different schools and facilities in Springfield, the evidence now is the most of those threats came from outside our country, presumably Russia. I don’t think that was a matter of the Russians “taking him at his word.” I think it was the Russians taking any opportunity to disrupt our election.

• Like Like x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  3. PITBOSS

PITBOSS GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007
    unfortunately they get weeded out early in the process.

4. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    He said he ran with the fiction to bring attention to the issue. He lies about the lies, and has never apologized to the community he victimized. And those are the type of people that are fake-religious, and then turn around and manipulate those who have true and deep faith by capitalizing on that very faith. That is what I find repugnant.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. AgingGator

AgingGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    The labels that I used are clear for all to see. You need to read your post above to the man in the mirror.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    The woman who started the rumor retracted it and apologized. One would think that responsible politicians would at least verify a rumor before promulgating it although as we all know "responsible" isn't an adjective applicable to either Vance or Trump and if they were decent they would apologize although as we also know "decency" isn't an adjective applicable to those clowns either.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

Badly quoting one verse of scripture makes one "very authentic"?

Also, Jesus told us to "talk about our faith a lot".
    Not the way many sadly do, but not keeping it to ourselves for sure.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. tilly

Wow. Thats rich coming from arguably the most narrow minded poster on this board

9. gator_jo

gator_jo GC Legend

Aug 9, 2024
    Lol. But I don't call other posters names. Or deliver personal insults like "narrow minded."

10. tilly

This you?:

11. gator_jo

gator_jo GC Legend

Aug 9, 2024
    Not sure that referring to lies as so unbelievable as to be believed only by ignorami is the same as directly insulting someone.

Speaking of insulting someone, why weren't you as deeply offended then, as you are now, when someone referred to my posts as "your emotional (angry, narrow minded, condescending, etc) rants"?

That was (R)ifferent ?

I can lose the "ignorami" though. My point was clear (and accurate) without it.

12. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    He doesn’t bring it up much and when he does it’s on point. It’s an opinion. Take it or leave it.

13. duggers_dad

duggers_dad GC Hall of Fame

Jan 5, 2022
    Threads like this are not terribly instructive. Whether Walz or Trump, Vance or Harris, it is not hard to find instances where all of them have acted, in tender hearted fashion, to this or that individual … while likely ignoring the plight of many others or even exacerbating their plights.

It’s the modern-day equivalent of the Wilsons and Roosevelts kissing babies while fomenting world wars.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    At this point, threads like this are just for entertainment. Every single voter has made up their mind and nothing is going to change it going forward. This election will be decided by the candidate that energizes its base to vote more than the other.

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. enviroGator

enviroGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 12, 2007
    So you think the Russians also came over, started smashing windows and pouring acid on peoples cars? And exactly why would Russia be making the story worse for the guy they have been supporting?

You seem like a genuinely good person, you really do, but there is no excusing what Vance and Trump have done with the Springfield hoax.

They ignored the mayor who said it wasn't happening, they ignored the Governor who said it wasn't happening, and then Vance refused to admit it wasn't true, and instead said, "If I have to make up stories I will."

People's lives hang in the balance when these people abuse their bully pulpit. Jan 6 should be all we need to know about the violent potential from the lies Trump and crew spreads.

16. tilly

I only pointed out your insult when you claimed you havent made any.

I have no issue with your remark or his on too hot. Just dont act like your above it.

17. tilly

[​IMG]

18. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    Let's be fair to the OP who is one of my favorite posters, like just outside my top 10. He posted this shortly after the Walz middle finger thread started.

• Funny Funny x 3
  19. tilly

My 3 step response to this post:
    1. Forgot who started thread.
    2. Checks to see.
    3. Realizes that you are really overrating the OP.

;)

• Funny Funny x 2
  20. phatGator

phatGator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2007
    Dayton, Ohio
    Your post was the first I’ve heard of acid on cars. I did some searching and found the original which was a story in The Haitian Times. They reported “the woman also said her cars have been vandalized twice in the middle of the night. She woke up one morning to broken windows and another to acid thrown on the vehicle. She has added cameras to her driveway and tried to report the incidents to the police to no avail.” It seems strange that with the heightened awareness and national attention, that the police wouldn’t let her file a report.

The Haitian Times reported one car being attacked. As happens so often these days where most news outlets merely repeat what some other outlet has reported, the story gets changed. Most of the other outlets I saw changed the singular “car” to plural “cars”, giving the impression that it was more widespread. Regardless, that would be horrific for the victim. One car is one car to many. I hope the perpetrator(s) are caught and punished to the fullest extent of the law.

Regarding the threats to schools and facilities in Springfield, the AP reported, “The governor’s office says a criminal investigation by multiple law enforcement agencies determined the “vast majority” of the threats were international in origin.” I have no information to contradict that.

Thank you for the kind words. Please don’t take anything I’ve written as downplaying the effects of the rumors, or as defending or excusing Trump or Vance for propagating or expanding the rumors. I was very disturbed by their actions.