Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

There’s something rotten with Tim Scott’s campaign.

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by Sohogator, Jul 29, 2023.

1. Sohogator

Sohogator GC Hall of Fame

Aug 22, 2012
    It’s not Optimal and eventually I’m leaving (got to stay as long as my parents are around) but it is what it is. They’re shitheads and that’s being kind. Of course the # isn’t 50% it’s the GOP voters and their ilk who hold the same views but don’t vote. Leaving their spawn out of it it’s maybe 100M people.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Orange_and_Bluke

Orange_and_Bluke Premium Member

Dec 16, 2015
    CNN has got ya man. Turn it off.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Orange_and_Bluke

Dec 16, 2015
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. cocodrilo

cocodrilo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    I don't need CNN to tell me there's a Trump cult. If you don't know it exists, I can't help you.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  5. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. flgator2

flgator2 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville
    You guys are being too kind

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Orange_and_Bluke

Dec 16, 2015
    Probably but you guys seriously exaggerate it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

Fair point. I will correct my point to him disliking 30% of the population. Still a sad way to approach life

Also, You may be surprised to find that I believe your last part wholeheartedly....I find it sadly to be true.

• Like Like x 2
  9. tilly

Yeah. Total bs. Again. Respectfully.

Sad to see people so miserable that they dislike so many people.

That makes you the narrow minded, intolerant one, not the people who stay here.

How do you not see that Soho?

Once this country started to identify the good guys and bad guys only by their politics we lost our way.

Amazing human beings on both sides brother. Branch out.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Sohogator

Aug 22, 2012
    Nonsense.
    I don’t ID them by their politics I judge them by the things the say, do and most importantly the people they support. Just happens to be they’re in the GOP and support total scumbags who advance the worst possible ideals. A lot of decent people whom I disagree with politically used to to be GOP’rs but are now independent.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  11. Emmitto

Emmitto VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Eh, nah. Quick math says 74M T votes out of total 330M population is about 22%. Even if it’s 75% cult and thus the “hate” idea, that’s around 17%. Closer to 50% and it’s approaching a single digit.

I myself try to avoid the “hate” idea. But I dare say that out of every 100 people I likely do indeed put the AVOID label on at least 10 of them, for a myriad of reasons, political and otherwise.

• Like Like x 1
  12. tilly

So I'm right. Anyone who votes GOP is someone you hold disdain for.

I find some things on the left incredibly distasteful (to say it nicely). I do not however hold everyone who supports those things in the same light as I do the ideal they support.

• Like Like x 1
  13. tripsright

tripsright GC Legend

Dec 2, 2021
    Florida
    You always fall back to accusing anyone, other than those practicing exclusionary, far-right thinking, of being narrow-minded. Usually when those people are speaking out about the legitimate, narrow-minded, “we are the only ones who know real truth/patriotism/salvation/etc” words and actions, practiced by truly prejudiced segments of society.
    Why is that?

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  14. tilly

Fair. And I dont like the hate word either. I used "dislike" intentionally.

But there are some here that have a much broader view. Much more than 10%. We have a poster planning to leave because of how terrible it is. That doesnt come because of 10%.

15. tilly

With all do respect Trips, If you think I dont ever apeak out against the nonsense from my former party than you don't pay attention.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. tripsright

tripsright GC Legend

Dec 2, 2021
    Florida
    You do at times. However, you always seem to take the criticisms personally, too.
    A couple of weeks ago you challenged me to consider if my thinking wasn’t narrow/prejudiced. In that particular instance we were discussing my comments on the hypocrisy of christians. I would challenge you to the same self-evaluation.

17. tilly

I have no issue calling Christian's hypocrites. I do it often. I have refered to myself as the chief of them. Everyone is a hypocrite when trying to measure up to Christ's standard. I often even call some (Trump for example) out as not being Christian at all. But then I hear things like "Who are you to say who is a Christian?"

18. Sohogator

Aug 22, 2012
    You got it. I suppose there’s a % of people who are either too stupid to know who or what they’re voting for or just voting GOP because their friends or family do (easily led and all that) but it’s a distinction without a difference. Again there are principled people who hold conservative viewpoints who are decent. Their decency led them to become independents.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  19. tripsright

tripsright GC Legend

Dec 2, 2021
    Florida
    Well, though I don’t recall ever asking that, in defense of that person, it’s a fair question, right?
    I guess I’ll have to take it on faith that you’ll consider the extent of your own narrow-mindedness. As I said in response to your accusation of me, it never hurst to consider such.

20. tilly

Sorry Soho. I know you're opinion is strong. I just cant operate that way.

@tripsright , note exhibit A of my overarching point ;):