Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

There is only one party pushing this nonsense

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by QGator2414, Jul 25, 2024.

1. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    First of all, I appreciate you at least trying to deal with the issue of what those so opposed to this suggest to do about it. I'm not sure you quite had an answer, but compared to others, you did try.
    Curious what you think I've been defensive about. I think I've been quite clear: How that particular race is run is up to the people running it. Not the government, not laws. Not politics.
    Is that somehow vague to you?

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 2
  2. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    wgb….have to admit. This caught me off guard. I appreciate your wit though we disagree on much.

But if you think women want to compete against men. I was wrong on how much wit you have…

Last edited: Jul 28, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. scrappygator

scrappygator VIP Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Gainesville, FL
    It should not be happening anywhere.
    This is disgraceful.
    How could you keep your self-esteem from winning an unfair race? This boggles my mind.
    I have no problem with people who identify as transgender. I do have a problem that they defy science, and win these farcical events.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. gaterzfan

gaterzfan GC Hall of Fame

Feb 6, 2020
    We need to remember that the yahoos promoting men competing in women’s sporting events ….. are incapable of defining what a woman is. If they can’t define a woman ….. logic would hold they are unable to know what a man is. They are a sad, confused lot.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  5. okeechobee

okeechobee GC Hall of Fame

Sep 11, 2022
    That's not really true though, is it? You think this organization could have put "No queers or transgenders. Females gender assigned at birth only!" on their flyers for the race and gotten away with it? They would have been sued and due to the political climate of the area they are in, they may have been sued for a lot and lost. So, don't tell us the government, law or politics don't factor in here. They clearly do.

I wouldn't call your comments "vague." I'd just say you are either grossly misinformed or as other posters have alluded to, you're being intellectually dishonest.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  6. g8trjax

g8trjax GC Hall of Fame

Jun 1, 2007
    WTF is up with the actual females that compete in these events? Time to give the double barrel middle finger to this shit.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    I think they could have imposed whatever official rules cycling has in place.

If there is an Olympic qualifier or NCAA event in the state of Washington, those “sports governing body” rules are the rules they go by. Maybe some activist sues for “access” or something, but even then nobody would have to accept their competitive results.

This sounds like some semi-serious annual event. Like a premier amateur event with small amounts of prize money. I guess a thing like this is the perfect place for “ringers” to be brought in since they might not impose the stricter rules of “real” competition. But the prize money they mention hardly seems worth it. It’s weird how this 1-2-3 only happened in the relay. Why didn’t they dominate individual events? Maybe this relay had a different setup.

8. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    Unfortunately they likely have nowhere to go and compete if they do.

9. NavyGator93

NavyGator93 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2015
    Georgia
    Yup. In all my involvement with sport, I've never come across a transgender athlete (that I know of). This includes my participation and volunteer work with competitive cycling, my sons who both competed at a high level and my niece who is a professionally sponsored, Olympic level athlete. I know they are out there, but it is exceptionally rare. The only time I have ever seen an instance of it is when someone on Too Hot drags up some arcane race, I guess they wake up in the morning and search right wing websites being told what to be offended by.

IMHO, if a guy thinks he is a woman or physically becomes a woman, they shouldn't directly compete against women. We don't need witch hunts or laws, just take care of it at the sport level.

It is ironic that the people most offended by this "assault on women" are trump/vance supporters.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  10. okeechobee

Sep 11, 2022

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    There is only one party that's obsessed with transgendered persons, a demographic representing around one percent of the population.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. NavyGator93

Dec 4, 2015
    Georgia
    Still not adding any value I see.

13. okeechobee

Sep 11, 2022

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Can you say redundant?
    (Although that word may be beyond the scope of the poster's vocabulary)

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. rivergator

Apr 8, 2007
    Not sure I understand. You think it's impossible for the organizers of sporting events to limit the women's competition to only those born as women? You don't think any competition prevents men-to-women competing as women?

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. okeechobee

Sep 11, 2022
    Ah yes, they were right. You’re being intellectually dishonest. I’m sorry you’ve married this issue the manner in which you have.

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. rivergator

Apr 8, 2007
    no need for insults. Can you answer the question?

Last edited: Jul 27, 2024
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  18. philnotfil

philnotfil GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    I have to admit, I don't think I've ever participated in a discussion, online or IRL, about trans people participating in sports that wasn't initiated by someone far on the right. It really does seem like there is only one party pushing this nonsense.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  19. NavyGator93

Dec 4, 2015
    Georgia
    So technically, the OP was correct. :)

20. okeechobee

Sep 11, 2022
    You're being intellectually dishonest, as others have observed. There's no point in continuing your intellectually dishonest game.

• Agree Agree x 1