Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

There Biden Goes Again - Plans to Reduce SPR

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by ETGator1, Jun 17, 2024.

1. exiledgator

exiledgator Gruntled

Jan 5, 2010
    Maine
    Your wish list of conflicts does nothing to support the claim that a lower SPR would limit our ability to wage war.

Please provide support for how our current or lower levels of our SPR would handcuff our national defense.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  2. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    call all presidents not named biden. post evidence the presidents were fos. many news pundits say it is too low. me? put back the 42% drained by biden as was the action plan to do at $70 per barrel but later swept under the rug.

3. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    [i understand the spr isn't about making money which you do not understand. after 2 years, the spr hasn't been refilled.QUOTE="GatorJMDZ, post: 16591701, member: 1928"]Clueless. Here's one transaction. He sold 3 million barrels at $95/barrel and repurchased them at $73. Is there anything you actually understand?

The Biden administration made $66 million in its first oil trade[/QUOTE]

4. exiledgator

exiledgator Gruntled

Jan 5, 2010
    Maine
    So again - you can't provide any support - other than you've been told it's too low.

Here's a little data for you:

"The SPR is the world’s largest stockpile of emergency crude oil, owned and operated by the U.S. federal government to alleviate significant oil supply disruptions or price inflation. The oil is kept across a network of underground salt caverns in Texas and Louisiana, which can hold a total of more than seven hundred million barrels of oil. Up to 4.4 million barrels can be withdrawn per day—about a quarter of daily U.S. consumption—and the oil takes about two weeks to reach the market."

Sounds awesome, right? How could we ever exist without being able to withdraw 1/4 of our consumption?

A little context on production may help here:

"December, U.S. crude oil production was estimated to have reached a record high of 13.3 million bpd. Production notched an annual record of 13.21 million bpd in 2023.
    U.S. crude oil production fell to 12.6 million bpd in January because of shut-ins related to cold weather, particularly in key oil producing states such as North Dakota, according to the EIA.
    Production is expected to rise by 390,000 bpd to 13.49 bpd in 2025, which would be a record high."

We're currently pumping out of the ground on the daily nearly 4x what we can pull from the SPR on a given day.

Further, we could replenish the SPR from 0 to 100 in 52 days.

5. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    then stfu and replinish today if it is that easy. biden needs to go national to cnfirm all you say. why won't he go public and actually act?

6. exiledgator

exiledgator Gruntled

Jan 5, 2010
    Maine
    This feels rather circular.

If it's that easy, why should he replenish today?

Follow up question: how does one stfu and address the nation at the same time?

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    did you read post 1? you are arguing something that hasn't happened in 2years let alone 52 days at a time when biden is planning more drawdowns this summer.

8. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Okay, this really took little research to get something that is timely, yesterday released, for this thread:

Chinese Handcuffs: Don’t Allow the U.S. Military to Be Hooked on Green Energy from China | The Heritage Foundation

It's a bit long, but well worth the read. Also, don't give me a ration of crap about the source or that it bothers your lefty principles as put in place by the Biden Administration.

On production, oil executives tried to tell Biden about the failures back in late 2021 and early 2022, but their pleas fell on Biden Administration deaf ears.

Bottom line, to achieve the changes in this report and to protect US national security interests, a change in leadership has to be made. Yeah, I know, Orange Man Bad and Mr. Mean Tweets Bad.

9. exiledgator

exiledgator Gruntled

Jan 5, 2010
    Maine
    I have no idea what you are talking about anymore. This is the worst synopsis of an article I've ever read. I mean, I recognize all the words as English, but the sentences seem to make little sense.

If you'd like to write a coherent post, I'd gladly reply.

Thanks in advance

10. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    why is the article the worst, over your head?