Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

There Biden Goes Again - Plans to Reduce SPR

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by ETGator1, Jun 17, 2024.

1. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Again, you seem to think adding more adjectives are a substitute for actual evidence. You made the claim that Biden reneged on a promise by using oil in 2024 (which, in case you didn't know is the current year). Provide the promise that this violates. But, we both know you can't, so you are trying to insult your way out of it.

You don't have to answer anything. But, I can point out how you can't provide basic factual information needed for your narratives.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Reading comprehension problems or a lie? Go back and reread post 1. I never said what you are claiming about 2024. As a matter of fact, Biden hasn't made any public comments, just those attributed to him by his closest energy adviser. However, with Biden saying privately that he wants it done, it will highly likely end up being done.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    It is pretty simple. You claimed he reneged on a promise by using oil this year.

So provide the quote where he said he was going to shut down fossil fuels by now. Or admit he never promised any such thing. Pretty simple test. Let's see you fail it again.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  4. FutureGatorMom

FutureGatorMom Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    OK so I did the work for all of you. It is both true and false, you BOTH win! YAY!
    Fact check: False claim that Biden is emptying U.S. oil reserves

Biden Sacrifices National Security For Midterm Votes With SPR Drawdown

5. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    You really are this obtuse. Again, I didn't say 2024. (shaking head)

If you want to see when and what Biden did, go back to 2021 after he was sworn in. There is plenty there as he made it the highest priority of the federal government to fight climate change and end fossil fuels regardless of his timeline.

Moving on, I'm done with your being ridiculous.

6. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    At this point, your argument is that his actions showed that he wanted to end fossil fuel usage but that he reneged on that by his actions not ending fossil fuel usage. At some point, even you have to see how absurd all of this is. This is what happens when you try to fit empirical evidence into the narrative rather than vice versa.

7. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    No, my argument is it is wrong to continue to drain the SPR in an attempt to buy votes in the 2024 election. Biden did the same thing in 2022.

8. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Ahh, but that is a separate argument than the nonsense you tried with the claim that he promised to get rid of fossil fuels.

For that argument, the issue is that you apparently have no idea how much oil that we need given the current production rates.

9. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I said it was secondary to what is in post 1. Done, I'm bored with you being so obtuse.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  10. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    No, md and I are not both right. I never said Biden was 100% emptying the SPR or that fossil fuels would be gone by 2024, his inaccurate claim.

Fact for Article 1: Biden released more than 180 million barrels, his 180 million plan plus more on top of that, and "wants" to do more this summer like he did in 2022. At no point has it been mentioned that Biden intends to 100% drain the SPR, a strawman argument. The article does say Biden is comfortable with a significantly lower SPR. Other presidents including Obama never took the SPR down to these national defense dangerous levels, lowest since the early 1980s.

Fact for Article 2: The SPR does have a capacity of 714 million barrels. Biden had a plan in 2022 to replenish the reserve at $70 per barrel as the article states, but the Biden Administration failed to do so. The SPR today stands at 367 million barrels, a 42% drawdown by Biden along with the likelihood of more this summer as that is what Biden is wanting to do according to his closest energy adviser, see post 1.

In May, Biden announced a 1-million-barrel drawdown of gasoline from the NE Gasoline Reserve which was set up for emergencies. The plan is to have ten 100,000-barrel releases over the course of the summer. This will likely not keep gas prices down as the amount being released amounts to one day of US gasoline consumption.

Biden has presided over high gas prices throughout his term. The SPR releases in 2022 were used to attempt to buy votes. If the SPR is further drawdown in 2024, Biden will again be attempting to buy votes.

US national defense deserves a president and party in the White House that cares more about the American people than their own political power ambitions.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. gatorjo

gatorjo GC Hall of Fame

Feb 24, 2024
    ^ I'll take the guy who releases oil from the SPR any day over the convicted felon who initiated a criminal conspiracy to overturn an election.....and gleefully watched for over 3 hours while hundreds of cops were beaten.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. gatorchamps960608

gatorchamps960608 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 4, 2020
    GOP:

Gas prices go up.

Under Bush: The president has nothing to do with that.
    Under Obama/Biden: The administration is to blame!

Gas prices go down:

Under Trump: It's due to his stellar leadership!
    Under Biden: It's because he's raiding the SPR!

Ridiculous.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  13. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Strategic Petroleum Reserves drawdowns go up.

Military and national security goes down.

Better hope China doesn't decide to go to war with Taiwan or Russia decides to take on eastern NATO or Russia through Syria goes after Israel. We couldn't support our military operations around the world with such a low and likely to get lower SPR.

The SPR is for national emergencies. Biden using it as a piggybank to reduce gas prices in an election year is not an emergency.

This isn't about Trump and Biden. It is about Biden making the US a target of the bullies around the world because the US becomes weaker as the SPR goes down. This is 100% on Biden. No other president has done what the fool in the White House is doing and especially so as the military functions on oil, not renewables.

14. gatorjo

gatorjo GC Hall of Fame

Feb 24, 2024
    Oh, don't be such a snowflake. I don't think the USA is going to be bullied because of this.

15. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    Even though the president doesn’t control the price of gas, Republicans are outraged at the price of gas and blame Biden. Then Biden does literally the only thing he can do to lower the price and Republicans are……..outraged.

• Like Like x 1
  16. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Your glib comment shows you have zero respect or concern for the national security of the US.

While Hamas is on the verge of destruction without Israel getting the help needed from the US, Hezbollah in the north is a dangerous extension into a regional war that would likely end up with the US needing oil for our military there.

The same is true if the US had to fight China in the south Pacific or in Europe against Russia.

If being concerned about the painfully poor decisions being made in the White House and about an increasingly dangerous world under O'Biden's watch means I'm a snowflake, yes, I'm guilty of being a snowflake.

17. gatorjo

gatorjo GC Hall of Fame

Feb 24, 2024
    Your patriotism amazes me. Thank you for your service.

Hey, why do you think that fake-tanned traitor guy you shill for tried to not give back the classified documents that he stole?

“Wouldn’t it be better if we just told them we don’t have anything here?” one of his lawyers described him [Trump] as saying.

But before his own lawyer searched the property for classified records, the indictment says, Trump directed aides to remove from the Mar-a-Lago storage room boxes of documents so that they would not be found during the search and therefore handed over to the government.

Weeks later, when Justice Department officials arrived at Mar-a-Lago to collect the records, they were handed a folder with only 38 documents and an untrue letter attesting that all documents responsive to the subpoena had been turned over. That day, even as Trump assured investigators that he was “an open book,” aides loaded several of Trump’s boxes onto a plane bound for Bedminster, the indictment alleges.

Donald Trump stored, showed off and refused to return classified documents, indictment says

Also; Do you think that just because a traitor judge is running interference for your traitor, that people have forgotten that these criminal acts happened?

Also; Do you think that Traitor Trump has sold any of these documents to foreign countries yet?

Also; you ARE aware that any time someone like you pretends to care about the USA or national security, intelligent and informed people just laugh at you?

• Off-topic Off-topic x 1
  18. exiledgator

exiledgator Gruntled

Jan 5, 2010
    Maine
    Can you provide any support for this claim?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  19. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Ukraine, Gaza, Lebanon next, and China on the verge of attacking Taiwan plus the added bonus of becoming masters of the south Pacific.

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1