Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

There’s something rotten with Tim Scott’s campaign.

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by Sohogator, Jul 29, 2023.

1. danmanne65

danmanne65 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 2, 2022
    DeLand
    You betcha. Lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

But Dan, I genuanly believe an unborn human being is a human being. Agree or not thats fine.

But anyone who honestly believes that would seem pretty evil to just not vote his conscience right?

I understand the debate. I understand people believe different, but your argument completely misses the fact that we are supporting the most helpless humans in our opinion.

I support protecting the mother above all when health is at risk, but when all things are equal, one should not terminate the other life if avoidable.

3. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    I think you are missing the point. Go ahead and have strong and devout feelings in the US. No worries. Even fringe ones (yes the polling of abortion laws and LGBT+ acceptance, particularly for marriage, says he is fringe). But try to push that on the rest of us is BS and 100% violates how this country was established. An African American lining up to disenfranchise gay Americans is utterly hypocritical regardless of ones guided principles.

4. tilly

Well played Tina. :D
    [​IMG]

5. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    I thought her early speech was pretty good but with hindsight, based on the reality show nature of her life she did turn out to be quite out of it. Reminds me of Guiliani.. remember when he was pretty amazing? Hard to beleive.

6. tilly

What right is Scott trying to take away from gays. I admit, I havent paid much attention.

And how will he do anything unless he is elected? If he is fringe he has no chance anyway.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. danmanne65

danmanne65 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 2, 2022
    DeLand
    :);););):)
    But didn’t this wrong position cause you to vote for trump the first time. The road to hell is paved by good intentions. I too think that abortion should not be used as birth control. I like the idea of abortion being safe legal and rare. I wonder who said that.:)

Last edited: Aug 2, 2023
  8. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    Here is his statement - nothing in it i agree with. He voted against protecting the rights of gay Americans to marry in the Senate last year.

upload_2023-8-2_13-46-59.png

9. mrhansduck

mrhansduck GC Hall of Fame

Nov 23, 2021
    I was listening to a Pod Save America episode a few weeks ago, and maybe it's easy for them to say nice things about Senator Scott since he's so low in the polls. But they mentioned having been at an event with him which I think was his event or a conservative event. They said he went out of his way to make them feel comfortable and to treat them with respect. There's probably not a Republican who could ever win that I'd agree with much on, but he at least seems to be a nice guy. I suspect his religious views might be sincere, although he did break his no sex outside of marriage rule at some point in his 40s.

10. tilly

I did vote for Trump. For many reasons as a conservative. Some of which I have changed position on over time. Others were no longer worth looking my daughters in the eye and trying to justify supporting a predator.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. tilly

Interesting. The ACA one is interesting. I dont think he is saying he is against the ACA or health care ad much as the intrusive nature of how it was set up and some of the mandates right?

The last sentence of #1 is also spot on.

Marriage is between man and God. The state tax to have it licensed is irrelevant to me. I dont care who does what 8n that regard.

Do the abortion acts listed abolish abortion or just limit access/require consent? (Honest question)

12. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    He is for a federal ban on abortion. Says a 20 week ban doesnt go far enough.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1