Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

There’s something rotten with Tim Scott’s campaign.

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by Sohogator, Jul 29, 2023.

1. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

True. I was adding to your point by saying they ripped the most recent attempt to shreds.

2. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    And with good reason. Dumb and incompetent.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. tripsright

tripsright GC Legend

Dec 2, 2021
    Florida
    If this cycle gets us Biden vs Trump, clearly “progress” isn’t on the agenda.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. tilly

Fine, and geriatric old men have questionable competency...and the democrats regressed back to the old white variety.

The point is doing something once and then reverting back to your old ways isnt really progress to hang ones hat on.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. GatorJMDZ

Apr 3, 2007
    I'll take Joe Biden at 80 over Sarah "You can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska" Palin at 44 or any age every day of the week.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. danmanne65

danmanne65 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 2, 2022
    DeLand
    But do we remember her or Tina Fey’s spot on impression?

• Like Like x 1
  7. danmanne65

Jul 2, 2022
    DeLand
    Exactly this. Biden is doing a good job as president but if our choice is these two old men, it may be time to rethink the primary season.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    I am not taking criticism of the Democratic party's diversity seriously at all. Please stop digging.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  9. tilly

Ok. None of that is the point. The point is, the Democratic party still reverted to nominating and electing the oldest white guy ever.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. tilly

Didnt criticize the party as a whole. Again the comment said "presidential".

I believe the republican party has a color issue in leadership. I think the reasons are more complex than some would think.

For starters every minority on the right is ripped to shreds by the left as being not really what they think a minority should be.

Too crazy (some justifiably of course.)not black enough, etc.

The Republicans need some bulletproof minority candidates, but not to please the left, because that is a fools errand.

• Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  11. gatorchamps960608

gatorchamps960608 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 4, 2020
    I thought conservatives were always saying, "best person for the job regardless of quotas, set asides, etc."

The best person to appeal to the entire electorate to defeat Trump was Biden. I have no reason to think they won't nominate someone more diverse in the future. I have no reason to think the GQP will ever nominate someone more diverse than the usual.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. tilly

Thats a big part of it. Media and entertainment found a crack and exploited it. She was nothing like history is telling us. MTG is crazy. Palen was nothing like that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. tilly

If Trump is as bad as we know he is, there are many people that could have beat him in 2020. The left chose Biden. They took the safe comfortable regressive approach.

FWIW. I would love to see a Scott/Haley ticket in either order. It isnt the safe move though so you wont see it.

Americans talk, but resort to the same water level when push comes to shove

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    What they miss is that the old white guy was the best choice to win because you have to peel off enough of the old white guys that will vote Trump over someone that doesn’t look like them. It’s really ignorant to bash Dems for choosing a winning strategy based upon the electorate as it is, instead of faulting the actual electorate

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    That’s because there is something wrong with minority candidates that support the GOP. I’ll give you an example: Tim Scott. He is a religious fanatic. He aggressively wants to discriminate against LGBT+ Americans. He has signed up for super aggressive positions on controlling women’s healthcare and choice. He supports wealthy trickle down economics.

How can you respect a human being who would advocate those positions? I don’t care if he is religious, or thinks abortion is wrong, or thinks being gay is a sin… it is his unabashed brazen attempt to push his fringe radical beliefs on the rest of us with institutional power while knowing that people with his skin color were victims of that very same institutional power in very recent history.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  16. GatorJMDZ

Apr 3, 2007
    I agree with you there, Palin is far more like the white trash Lauren Boebert than she is MTG.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  17. tilly

It isn't as "fringe" as you guys want it to be, but you are proving my point.

And I hardly consider his faith "fanatical".
    Being guided by the principle of 9nes faith isnt "fanatical".

And considering the unborn humans in your decisions isn't fanatical regardless of wether you agree.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. danmanne65

Jul 2, 2022
    DeLand
    I agree. I do think McCain was thinking like an old man. Pick a pretty female that will make the women happy.

19. danmanne65

Jul 2, 2022
    DeLand
    Your position of making women’s healthcare decisions for them is wrong. What a woman does with her body is none of your or my business. You are reasonable in other areas. Your myopia on this issue befuddles me.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2023
  20. tilly

Well and an elected governor. She wasnt just someone off the street either. It looks much worse in retrospect. It was a legitimate effort by JM and the GOP.