Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

The Trump Con in a Nutshell

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by PD, Aug 18, 2023.

1. tigator2019

tigator2019 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 25, 2018
    In my head--- UF
    Trump and his band of traitors filed 61 lawsuits but NOW he claims weaponization?

2. Trickster

Trickster VIP Member

Sep 20, 2014
    All I’m saying is you have a “rightest” interpretation. The problem we have is thinking the other side’s interpretation is always wrong. We’re all Americans, love our country and want what’s best for it. For the most part, we’re relatively intelligent and come by our positions honestly. I don’t know why each side can’t edge toward the middle and, if not compromise, at least agree to disagree politely. I say this while acknowledging that I’m not always polite.

For example, I have said on more than one occasion that Donald Trump is a terrible human being and leader, and that anyone who supports him doesn’t truly love America. He sure doesn’t. He only loves himself. I acknowledge I can’t meet anyone halfway on that.

3. cocodrilo

cocodrilo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    It's because the situation today is that one side is a cult, or is cult-dominated. Cults do not compromise. Nor should you want to compromise with a cult.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    Right bias? In the past opinion and interpretation were influenced by bias. Now the right has its own unique fact set. Stolen elections. Covid and vaccine conspiracies. Some even entertain democratic child molestation rings.

It is pretty much impossible to even have a productive conversation with someone who faithfully believes in a reality that is demonstrably wrong.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  5. flgator2

flgator2 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville
    [​IMG]

6. flgator2

flgator2 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville
    [​IMG]

7. flgator2

flgator2 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville
    At least you guys admit you belong to a cult

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  8. Tjgators

Tjgators Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    FOX is no friend to Trump. There are no legit MSM companies. None.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. cocodrilo

cocodrilo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    The projection from the right on this forum has become pathetic.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Gatoragman

Gatoragman GC Hall of Fame

Jan 4, 2008
    This is where we part. There are a number of factual items about everything from the election of 2020 to The documents to Jan 6 that are being interpreted only through the leftist prism.
    Prime example about the 2020 election is all the spouting of losing all the court case when then the vast majority were never heard because of standing.
    The fact that capital police open gates and unlocked doors on Jan 6. This is not conspiracy, films of the day show this.
    The fact that most of the Trump admin that have been prosecuted were process crimes not not the original crime charged.
    The fact that all the intelligence community that said the entire lap top deal was Russian misinformation.
    I’m not trying to defend Trump, I’m saying there is a lot that has been interpreted and promoted that is not the whole story.
    It takes courage to admit you may be have been wrong. I’m willing to admit that, when we actually get to hear what really happened.

11. Gatoragman

Gatoragman GC Hall of Fame

Jan 4, 2008
    I see by the ratings that your gang is already on board!

12. Trickster

Trickster VIP Member

Sep 20, 2014
    That is simply not true. The evidence, i.e., the facts, is overwhelming against Trump. The fact that a small minority might not like them is once again evidence of emotion overcoming reason. Rather than see Trump and the events you mentioned for what they clearly were, you create an alternate reality. Furthermore, this alternate reality is comforting because it allows you to believe you have some special insight.
    Don't you think you're being disingenuous? It sure seems as that's exactly what you're doing.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  13. Trickster

Trickster VIP Member

Sep 20, 2014
    The what do you mean by "legit"? And what's the connection in your post between Fox being no friend to Trump and MSM?

14. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Can you post some evidence that that's true? thanks

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  15. mikemcd810

mikemcd810 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Sure seems to me that you're trying to do the exact thing of which you're accusing someone else by trying to frame things in the most generous interpretation for Trump.

1. While it may be true that some cases were tossed because of standing, the reality is that the cases were based on innuendo and conjecture. There still hasn't been any factual evidence of voter fraud presented in or out of court. In the most heavily contested states, the votes were counted, recounted, and in some cases counted again. In Arizona, Trump's hand picked auditors couldn't find any fraud.

2. The Capitol Police opened barricades and doors to fallback to other defensive positions because they were completely overwhelmed by attackers. They did so rather than opening mass fire on a crowd which would of course escalated the situation in a terrible way.

3. These aren't just process crimes that Trump and his cronies are being indicted for, but even so, people get prosecuted for process crimes because they commit those while trying to cover up more serious crimes. Let the cases play out in court and we'll see what evidence the DOJ has.

4. I could be wrong, but the IC didn't confirm it was Russian disinformation but rather said it had all the hallmarks of Russian disinformation (i.e., all too convenient timing, questionable chain of custody, potential to mix real and fake information). That's a reasonable conclusion to reach imo. The complaint to had here is that the laptop wasn't allowed to sway the election to Trump which is 10000000% correct answer. We shouldn't want a knee-jerk swing of an election at thr last minute because of questionable information.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Tjgators

Tjgators Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Fox is MSM.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Fox is nothing like there other so called MSM outlets. That being said implicit in your post is that once a media outlet has enough viewers/readers it is by definition part of the MSM. By your definition the only media outlets that aren't part of the MSM are those with a limited number of viewers/readers like Newsmax or OAN.

18. tampajack1

tampajack1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Could you please give a few examples of what type of policies would be in the middle? Thanks.

19. Trickster

Trickster VIP Member

Sep 20, 2014
    Are you suggesting Fox ought to be friendly to Trump?

20. WC53

WC53 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 17, 2015
    Old City
    Listless