Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

The target is on Target again ...

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by rivergator, May 24, 2023.

1. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    "He found Captain Winky!"

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. Orange_and_Bluke

Orange_and_Bluke Premium Member

Dec 16, 2015
    Blukes way isn’t always the best way.
    Sometimes I get frustrated.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Orange_and_Bluke

Dec 16, 2015
    Maybe, maybe not.
    Nice try. I actually have two jobs. It would blow your mind if we ever had a beer.

• Like Like x 1
  4. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    If that happens we should stick to sports

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. Orange_and_Bluke

Dec 16, 2015
    All politics.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    Well if you’re paying ‍

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    I don’t know that I’d use the word bigoted, in all cases, but otherwise yes.

There are probably quite a few out there that fall in the area I do. On the one hand being compassionate and inclusive of those who are truly different (real gender dysphoria) but at the same time not making such a big deal about something such that confused and impressionable kids think they may be trans, when they really aren’t. My perception is that is what is happening in a lot of cases among children/teens. My evidence of that is

1. the much higher percentage of young people who identify as something other than biological sex compared to adults.
    2. The high proportion of those that have some sort of other mental illness. For instance 25% of gender diverse population are diagnosed with autistic spectrum….and that is adults.

Largest study to date confirms overlap between autism and gender diversity

So that is my thinking. It’s based upon this data and anecdotes (I have an autistic kid - you could suggest to him every day he may be a girl and before too long he’d believe it, and a couple of young people I knew who ended up trans, and a couple of young people who said they were trans that really didn’t seem trans at all, just socially awkward. ).

But I don’t profess to be an expert.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. UFLawyer

UFLawyer GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    Evidence? Further, the video is evidence.

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2023
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  10. UFLawyer

UFLawyer GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    Why do you care whether I care?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  11. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    I don't really. If you want to obsess over a certain product intended for a demographic representing less than one percent of the population that's up to you. I just think it's rather bizarre that some people are so obsessed that they're willing to boycott a retailer that sells the product. Same for boycotting companies that may use a representative of the same minuscule demographic in one of their ads. By the way if you're going to try whataboutism even though I vehemently disagree with the Cathy family on a number of issues I still eat at Chic-fil-A.

12. Orange_and_Bluke

Dec 16, 2015
    I really enjoy your honest posts.
    Appreciate it lboy.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  13. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    With my kids, I get visibility to a whole different element. At the same time, having 2 kids with different mental illnesses, I am very hesitant to judge others, because these things are often complex, and I really don’t like it when politicians want to step in and try to dictate difficult health care decisions for families.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007

15. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
  16. UFLawyer

UFLawyer GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    I think it’s bizarre that you don’t know what the word obsessed means. Posting on a message board does not an obsession make. The wonderful thing about America is people, including corporations, can do pretty much whatever they want. This means that target can put out displays for gay pride, but this also means that Joe customer can decide he/him/they doesn’t want to buy anything from target anymore. It’s called freedom.

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. Emmitto

Emmitto VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Ha, sweet Baby J.

This is why these buds are never your buds. They are perpetually looking for a way to savagely end you. “Good, kind, moral, American-value” aligned “no doubt.” Also, partners with trans Satanists that make pervert clothes for babies.

She also muses that maybe this couple leads their own lives, complete with private original thought. UNACCEPTABLE. Tell her that those original thoughts are actually copied from her own, and do it via SuperBowl ad, or Ticket To Gitmo yo. That is, if they survive whatever Q patriot has now been motivated to plan their murders.

Also, how exactly do these kids’ tuck-ems work? What are kids even packing to tuck? Sounds like there are some here uniquely zoned in on that, I’m willing to consider how I’m wrong to find this to be a glaring unproblem.

18. Gator40

Gator40 Avada Kedavra

Apr 3, 2007
    You have customers in the stores threatening employees over a display of clothing. That's not them just minding their own business and deciding to shop at Walmart instead like you say.

You're a lawyer. You must know that that can carry criminal offenses like harassment even if one doesn't follow through. That is not included in freedom.

• Like Like x 2
  19. dynogator

dynogator VIP Member

Apr 9, 2007
    Or read.

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1