Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

The target is on Target again ...

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by rivergator, May 24, 2023.

1. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    A lawsuit for not having a symbolic PR position which largely does nothing?

2. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Beloved Tampa Theatre may be next. First up in the Summer Classic Series this Sunday. Children with a transvestite, played for laughs. Sick. Plus it normalized a gay relationship

Doubtfire.PNG

3. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Interesting

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. gatormonk

gatormonk GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. gatormonk

gatormonk GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Hey @l_boy,

Can we now admit that this is 100% about bigotry? This OAN anchor is melting down over greeting cards for same-sex couples.

7. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    I’ve tried to relay to you there are a spectrum of feelings about this, and a range of motivations. The video is either bigotry or just plain exploiting bigotry and peoples fears. At the same time I think a significant part of the whole trans thing is a combination of mental illness, social contagion and then a degree of hysteria of one side pining for a new civil rights issue to fight and another wanting to make it into a culture war.

I have my opinions. They aren’t based upon nothing, but they may be partially right or wrong. I don’t profess to know. That said I really don’t care and I am content to let it play out, and certainly don’t feel outraged by most of it, and certainly don’t want politicians like Ron Desantis stepping into protect us.

In your mind maybe that makes me a bigot. I don’t know. But that’s where I am.

• Like Like x 2
  8. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    30-40 years ago, people were saying the same thing about gay people. The data contradicts the social contagion theory. For example:
    https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanchi/article/PIIS2352-4642(22)00254-1/fulltext

But no, I haven't said you're a bigot for your beliefs. I've said the people engaged in this Target boycott are doing it because they're bigots. You aren't boycotting Target.

9. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    Like I said I don’t know for sure and try to keep an open mind either way. Part of my perspective is having 2 kids with differing mental illnesses, and seeing some of the people who they have been around, including some that have declared themselves trans. I have posted before that a high percentage of trans are also diagnosed as autistic spectrum. So I think this more complicated than race or even sexual orientation. But whatever the case I think we should keep an open mind, and treat individuals with compassion. It will sort itself out one way or other. I personally think we are going overboard with PRIDE this PRIDE that, and that doesn’t always help those younger going through this and at the same time experiencing mental illness, but it isn’t something for people to get upset over.

I have some concerns about certain transition therapies for children and teens, but I think the government should stay out of it and leave it to the families and the medical professionals. I have nothing but contempt for the likes of DeSantis and Greg Abbot who presume to think they know anything and should intervene and force people to make certain health care decisions.

• Like Like x 3
  10. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    The original claim was “protect the children” with bathroom gender laws (which protect exactly zero children as far as I’m concerned). Or to “protect competitive sports” over literally 1 or 2 trans athletes that caused some issues. I suspected it’s always just angling for some bigoted civil rights fights to push back gay rights more broadly, but at least the trans athlete issue was actually something that had legitimate questions (as far as exactly when an advantage is gained, and what to do about it). Of course it’s not up the govt to dictate this, each sport can determine through its own governing body when it starts impacting competition.

The fact they’ve moved to greeting cards and rainbows proves that yes, actually it was just good old fashioned bigotry all along. Same can be said of the Bud Light situation or the attacks on Disney. It’s no longer about specific issues, it’s very obviously about broad level hate for those groups.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Oops... more bad news for Target. We The People have spoken.

Elon Musk Rips Target After Its Stock Is Downgraded: ‘Won’t Be Long Before’ Shareholders Sue Target

Twitter owner Elon Musk took a shot at Target on Friday morning after JP Morgan downgraded the retailer’s stock, saying that it was only a matter of time before the company faced lawsuits for its controversial actions that have led to the company losing billions of dollars in market value.

Target made “emergency” calls in mid-May to managers and senior directors after the company faced backlash for its Pride collection, which included “tuck-friendly” female swimwear.

Won’t be long before there are class-action lawsuits by shareholders against the company and board of directors for destruction of shareholder value

— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) June 2, 2023

Elon Musk Rips Target After Its Stock Is Downgraded: ‘Won’t Be Long Before’ Shareholders Sue Target | The Daily Wire

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Florida is doing its damnedest to ban gender-affirming care for transgender adults. It's all bullshit. Right-wing bigots don't want transgender people to exist, so they try to legislate them out of existence.

• Agree x 3
    • Come On Man x 2
    • Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
  13. UFLawyer

UFLawyer GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. UFLawyer

UFLawyer GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    Wouldn’t it be funny if we find out Walmart or Kohls is behind these leaks? If this story gets traction, Target will be getting new leadership by the end of the month.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
  16. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
  17. UFLawyer

UFLawyer GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    You should take all your money and buy their stock. What could possibly go wrong?

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    Why? I guarantee they have given much more money to some dogshit causes or charities you support.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  19. UFLawyer

UFLawyer GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    I doubt it.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  20. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member