Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

The target is on Target again ...

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by rivergator, May 24, 2023.

1. archigator_96

archigator_96 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2020
    I'm not saying that they intentionally triggered the anti lgbt crowd, I'm saying they intentionally made a display that showed how they support them and got backlash from the anti lgbt crowd (as they might have suspected). If they just started carrying the merchandise, put it in the women's section, maybe with a tag that said "tuck friendly" or something, no one would have noticed.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  2. middleoftheroadgator

middleoftheroadgator All American

May 19, 2023
    Target’s Pride collection features ‘tuck-friendly’ swimsuits for adults, not kids

"CLAIM: Target’s Pride collection features a bathing suit for kids that is labeled “tuck-friendly.”

AP’S ASSESSMENT: False. The “tuck-friendly” swimsuits are only offered in adult sizes, according to a spokesperson for the company and Target’s website. Kids’ swimsuits in the collection do not feature this label."

Posts like this should be removed.

Wherever you are digesting news from is really bad for you. I suggest a 3 day ban for posting something false. Followed by a 7 day ban. Third strike and you are done forever. Lots of misinformation here. Posters will take the time to verify their baloney. Something should be done about the spread of disinformation.

The more extreme you go the more you push the middle away as well.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. Orange_and_Bluke

Orange_and_Bluke Premium Member

Dec 16, 2015
    [​IMG]

4. altalias

altalias GC Hall of Fame

Aug 13, 2008
    I had a conservative friend forward me an article about ESG while back. I clicked through some of the links. I can't find it now but I swear I remember being surprised that Walmart had a perfect record on gay issues. Apparently, Walmart is woke too. But they don't do stupid stuff like Target. They also didn't lose billions in market cap last week. I know whose stock I would rather own.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  5. g8trjax

g8trjax GC Hall of Fame

Jun 1, 2007
    Corporations are all in...support any of the mom and pop establishments left that the govt didn't destroy during covid.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Your criticism is that a business tried to market a niche product to its niche customer base instead of being silent about that product out of fear that it would upset some bigots who have no interest in purchasing the product? Seems to me the problem here is the butthurt bigots. But hey, if they want to boycott Target, have at it.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. UFLawyer

UFLawyer GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    these two assertions have absolutely nothing to do with each other

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. UFLawyer

UFLawyer GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    Boy, you like to throw a lot of nasty words around like bigot and racist. How would you like to walk into target and see a Floor to roof display of Vagisil? I wouldn’t, but it doesn’t mean I’m prejudice against vaginas.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. UFLawyer

UFLawyer GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    I agree, that is why you should ban yourself for three days. Your post is in fact mostly false. I know this because I saw with my own eyes yesterday. Whether it’s target, or the AP, they are being deceptive. The display for the lgbtq children’s bathing suits is on the same rack as the lgbtq adults suits. Again, I saw this with my own eyes yesterday. Second, it is true, from what I could tell, that the Tuck it clothing is not on the kid label, clothing, but it is on the adult clothing, which has sizes of extra small and small, which will fit any child over 50 pounds, and is right next to the kids stuff.

With all that said, I don’t really have an issue with the way target is displaying this clothing in my local store. It wasn’t loud and proud in the front of the store, it was with all of the other bathing suits. My wife and I were in the store, trying to find some baby clothes for a shower, and I would not have even noticed it unless my wife pointed it out to me. I could care less what people wear. I only looked at it because I was curious because of this thread and a video I saw. I guess every store displays things differently. I think the problem that some people have with this type of merchandise, it’s not with the merchandise itself, but the use of the merchandise to promote an agenda. Target and other stores do not put items at the front of their store unless there are a high selling item. Beer on the Fourth of July, flags on memorial day. Christmas trees in December. Halloween candy in October. Trans. Kids bathing suits are not a high selling item by any stretch of the imagination. I would be surprised if they sell even one in my local target. So, if Target is placing these displays front and center when you walk in the door, they’re not trying to sell you a bathing suit, they are trying to sell you transgenderism.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  10. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    I could not care less. I'd walk right on by, go pick out the things I need/want, pay, and leave.

But your hypothetical isn't on point. People aren't objecting to bathing suits. They're objecting to the group the bathing suit is marketed to (the LGBTQ community). Why? Because those people are bigots.

EDIT: In fact, thank you for confirming that point right here:

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. UFLawyer

UFLawyer GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    Really? You are in the minds of 70 million Americans who don’t agree with your politics? How does that work? Tell me what I’m think now about the size of your intellect to come up with your assertion. Do you use tin foil as an antenna to connect to the bigots? (Asking for a friend)

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    This is definitely the first scenario that came to mind for me too.

13. G8tas

G8tas GC Hall of Fame

Sep 22, 2008
    I saw Busch can on the ground. You guys should make it the exclusive drink of the right wing

14. middleoftheroadgator

middleoftheroadgator All American

May 19, 2023
    How could you ever know this? Speaking of tin foil. I wanted to ask you who "they" are but I realized the ridiculousness of your post. There is some type of Trans Fifth column within Target Corporate making moves behind the scenes and outside the purview of the BOT/Executive Team?

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    BS.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Orange_and_Bluke

Orange_and_Bluke Premium Member

Dec 16, 2015
    [​IMG]

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. mrhansduck

mrhansduck GC Hall of Fame

Nov 23, 2021
    They might be next. Very woke apparently.

Now Walmart gets the Bud Light treatment over drag queen Pride books | Daily Mail Online

Love Wins: Walmart PRIDE, Walmart Proud

18. mikemcd810

mikemcd810 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    There was racism during segregation. There are still plenty of people alive today who lived through segregation. Therefore, racism is not "long dead."

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  19. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    I’m going to mostly agree with you except for the very last sentence. They aren’t selling you transgenderism. They are signaling to a younger demographic that cares about this stuff that they are on the right side of the issue.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  20. gatorpa

gatorpa GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2010
    East Coast of FL
    You make a good point.
    Anytime some has an issue with the way some of these things are put forth it’s always because people are bigots.
    Any other reason is just code for bigots to communicate in their secret language. Good thing the left seems to have the enigma machine that can decode it for the rest of us.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1