Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

The MAGA cult explained

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by WestCoastGator, Mar 7, 2024.

1. HeyItsMe

HeyItsMe GC Hall of Fame

Mar 7, 2009
    Drag shows are bad, but strippers’ ass cheeks hanging out in front of your young kids? Totally okay!

upload_2024-4-8_15-31-7.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  2. enviroGator

enviroGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 12, 2007
    While standing in front of a flag that says what it says, and while having them all fly the bird.

Classy. A bit surprised it isn't Gropebert and her clan.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Not to mention that all of the young kids were making a certain obscene gesture almost certainly because they were encouraged to do so by their parents.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. HeyItsMe

HeyItsMe GC Hall of Fame

Mar 7, 2009
    FaMiLy VaLuEs

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. scooterp

scooterp GC Hall of Fame

Feb 15, 2012
    Then I would say you didn’t come from a good family. Which is sad. But to take a broad brush and describe anyone from middle America that voted for Trump as a racist …you’re doing exactly what your family did.

6. cocodrilo

cocodrilo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Where did I say that everyone who votes for the racist Trump is a racist? I said racism is a strength of the MAGA movement. That doesn't mean 100%. What about blacks and latinos who vote for Trump? Are they racists?

My family was a product of its time. A white family in the segregated South. There were lots and lots of white families in the segregated South. You accuse me of making a blanket statement about MAGA, but it's okay for you to make a blanket statement about my family. "Not a good family." How many members of my family did you know?

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. gatorjo

gatorjo GC Hall of Fame

Feb 24, 2024
    Everyone who votes for Trump isn't necessarily a racist.

They're just willing to cast a vote for a shameful and obvious racist. *

*And adulterer and convicted felon.

8. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Yep, it's okay in my book becasue these woman are not fake woman or men pretending to be woman... Do you not see and understand that difference? LMFAO! :rolleyes:

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  9. HeyItsMe

HeyItsMe GC Hall of Fame

Mar 7, 2009
    I’d rather my kids go to a drag show than a stripper show. Have you ever actually been to a drag show? I have. There is literally no nudity or anything the right wing portrays there to be, unless you go to an adult drag show, in which case you wouldn’t take your kid there, just like you wouldn’t take your kid to see a stripper, lol. And honestly, in the adult shows, there really isn’t nudity so much as there is just raunchy humor.

Drag queens wear so much clothing and padding purposely that you can’t see anything at all - that’s the whole point. The war on drag queens is nothing but a figment of your imaginations, and another made up culture war to win points with their hateful base. It’s why we literally never used to hear anything about them until the right needed their next big made up issue to complain about.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Gatorrick22

Apr 3, 2007
    LMFAO! I don't think you are writing any laws so what you do in your private life is your own business. We're not talking about nude woman either... nice deflection. Those woman were not showing more than any kid's mother shows when she and the kids go swimming at the pool or at the beach. I mean you sound awfully prudish for be a liberal.

I find nothing good about taking kids to a drag-show. I' rather take them to an airshow and teach them about planes and jets, than dudes in dresses.

11. HeyItsMe

HeyItsMe GC Hall of Fame

Mar 7, 2009
    Cool, then done take them, lol. That’s the great thing about “freedom”, you’re free to do whatever you do, which the right claims to be for but actively always tries to undermine. Your entire party makes no sense, lol.

12. Gatorrick22

Apr 3, 2007
    Yep, just down expect everyone to want tanny reading time on public schools, and don't expect everyone to think drag shows are a good place to take their kids. "My Party" does NOT believe in sexuality children... seeing woman in bikini bottoms does not sexualize them. Dudes in dresses is not the same thing.

13. HeyItsMe

HeyItsMe GC Hall of Fame

Mar 7, 2009
    Whatever you say, skippy. Whatever you say, lol. Just like there are litter boxes in schools and CRT is a thing being taught to elementary school kids. Don’t believe everything you read in your right wing echo chamber, Rick.

14. murphree_hall

murphree_hall VIP Member

Jul 11, 2019
    Thank you for sharing your story.

15. G8tas

G8tas GC Hall of Fame

Sep 22, 2008
    Your party believes in grooming kids. The GOP is constantly in the news for grooming related arrests. If someone is being arrested for grooming then they're probably a GOP politician. In fact you have on in leadership in the House. If you want to protect the kids protect them from your politicians and church leaders

16. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Just a bit over the top?

17. HeyItsMe

HeyItsMe GC Hall of Fame

Mar 7, 2009
    Is it, though? Literally seemingly every time someone is outed as a groomer, it’s a right winger. If they’re going to project all of their vile rhetoric onto us, they better expect to get it back.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    Even with the ever growing list of Republican sex abusers, I would think those politicians would just be a small slice of the overall problem of sexual abuse. I don’t think the “big picture” has any political bias. But amongst political figures and activists I’ll be damned if it doesn’t seem those right wingers have a near monopoly on that crime right now when it comes to politics.

It used to be that the vocally anti-gay “conservative” politicians so often ended up being closeted homosexuals, some weird psychological thing at play. Perhaps a similar phenomenon is at play here? This is actually worse, because unlike the closeted gay conservative, these “anti-groomers” are actually doing criminal stuff. It isn’t gaslighting/projecting a legal consensual relationship.

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. SotaGator

SotaGator Junior

Apr 4, 2014
    Sorry in advance for length. The Trump supporters I personally know very well fall roughly into two camps: 1) Educated, wealthy or high middle class successful business people who like having money and want more of it, and see many people of lower status as undeserving of social or government intervention. Wall Street Journal and Chamber of Commerce types.
    2) Those with high school educations (or less) who may work hard but whose main interactions with multiculturism are from social media , television or movies. Fox News and selective social media types.
    Strictly my observations - not stereotypes.
    Importantly, most are viewed as nice people, but have become so riled up by drumbeats of real or perceived injustices that you feel like you're talking to Drs. Jekyll and Hyde.
    I can't speak to the psychology of people who become so set in their viewpoints -- I guess it is safer emotionally.
    When presented with verified facts or evidence that shoots holes in their ideas, the common response I hear is "I don't know about that." The very definition of willful ignorance..

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1