Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

The IRS plans to crack down on 1,600 millionaires to collect millions of dollars in back taxes

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by G8tas, Sep 8, 2023.

1. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2016
    Ok thanks bro!

2. bogeyfred

bogeyfred VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Daytona
    No statute on fraud !

3. thomadm

thomadm VIP Member

Apr 9, 2007
    Tax laws should be changed to a mandatory percentage, not filed through a corrupt agency that picks and chooses who they go after.

4. swampmass

swampmass Freshman

Sep 6, 2023
    The right talks about personal responsibility all the time. How about pay your freaking taxes like everyone else?

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. swampmass

swampmass Freshman

Sep 6, 2023
    Why leave criminals alone? Law and order except for me.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. slocala

slocala VIP Member

Jan 11, 2009
    You must be a “Fair Tax” believer. A national sales tax perhaps.

Let’s play your game out. A flat tax of [insert your percentage of choice]%. Make up whatever you want.

Now, explain: what is taxable income? And then explain how you collect that tax.

• Like Like x 2
  7. swampmass

swampmass Freshman

Sep 6, 2023
    Insane. White collar crimes are fine. We know why. It has the word white in it.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. danmanne65

danmanne65 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 2, 2022
    DeLand
    Senator skeletor is a prime example. He was elected governor twice and to the senate once after defrauding the government out of billions and taking the fifth when questioned about it.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  9. ridgetop

ridgetop GC Hall of Fame

Aug 4, 2020
    Top of the ridge
    This is a pathetic and gross post. Most have said everyone should pay their taxes. Many have disdain for the IRS .. and in many cases the IRS has earned that disdain. The tax code is stupid ridiculous.. and many here have complained about it.
    That doesn’t equate to implying those that are against the IRS hiring a ton more people, buying up ammo, and planning thumping their chest about going after millionaires (1600) are racist. Will it even cover the expense in hiring the new agents? Almost everyone has said their issue is with how the IRS conducts itself.. not okaying tax cheats.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. ridgetop

ridgetop GC Hall of Fame

Aug 4, 2020
    Top of the ridge
    Was he charged? Indicted?

11. channingcrowderhungry

channingcrowderhungry Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom of a pint glass
    Rough strokew. Corporate tax rate of zero. Personal Income tax rate of zero. VAT for all.

Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk.

12. swampmass

swampmass Freshman

Sep 6, 2023
    Pre Sarbanes-Oxley. He would've went to jail in 2002. Should have went to jail. You sticking up for that POS? Pathetic. Gotta protect those white collar crimes, eh? Law and order except for me.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  13. danmanne65

danmanne65 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 2, 2022
    DeLand
    Nope he said he said that he only managed and profited from the fraud. He knew nothing of the systemic fraud that took place. Then he ran for governor of Florida saying what a great businessman he was.

• Like Like x 1
  14. ridgetop

ridgetop GC Hall of Fame

Aug 4, 2020
    Top of the ridge
    Not sticking up for anyone. If he was found guilty send his ass to jail. I don’t mind that a bit. And I’m not sticking up for white collar crimes at all. I am calling out your race baiting BS as inappropriate and pathetic.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. swampmass

swampmass Freshman

Sep 6, 2023
    Why ask if he was indicted? WHat point are you trying to make besides sticking up for that POS that ripped off us taxpayers and is continuing to grift because Republicans are naive and as a whole...uneducated and poorly informed.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  16. ridgetop

ridgetop GC Hall of Fame

Aug 4, 2020
    Top of the ridge
    Because I don’t know? That’s why I asked a question?
    Good grief man.. it’s like I wondered I to a 3rd graders argument.
    You make race baiting inflammatory remarks and get called out for it. It was disgusting post.
    And now you want to cry foul and act indignant because I ask if he was indicted for his crimes? Was he found guilty. Let’s be clear.. I am all for those that defraud tax payers, old people, anyone.. going to jail… IF THEY ARE FOUND GUILTY BY COURT OF LAW. And notice I didn’t make it a white or black thing like your racist ass did.

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. GatorFanCF

GatorFanCF Premium Member

Apr 14, 2007
    No qualms with paying the required taxes. My response had nothing to do with paying or not paying taxes.
    Carry on.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  18. slocala

slocala VIP Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Congress writes the tax law. A totally fair critique is that Congress has turned to special interests and staffers to draft language. They also have willfully relinquished rule writing to Treasury to promulgate regulations that defacto become codified when specifically stating that the Commissioner shall write rules. Well, that is up to the electorate to tell our elected officials to “stop” or to ensure that the elected officials have the skills necessary to write the law.

VAT would dramatically change the taxing system of the US. But, a VAT is still ripe for regulations and administration, particularly VAT credits / refunds along the value chain. My personal view is that a VAT is regressive and would not work absent a dramatic increase in wages paid to the consumer that bares the entire VAT upon consumption.

19. tampajack1

tampajack1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    The IRS is not a corrupt agency. However, there are only so many revenue agents to go around. So, they generally are not going to audit tax returns that involve only small amounts of money. That is not cost efficient. As for adding staff, including additional revenue agents, to broaden their ability to go after under paid or unpaid income taxes, the republican party is resisting that and lying about it on top of it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. GatorFanCF

GatorFanCF Premium Member

Apr 14, 2007
    Your question indicates unfamiliarity with how the "Fair Tax" is structured.
    In the Fair Tax there is no tax on income. None. So, you don't collect any income tax. The IRS disappears.

• Agree Agree x 1