Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

The IRS Intimidates an American again....shocker under a

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by GatorFanCF, Mar 27, 2023.

1. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Speaking of weaponization of the IRS.
    Trump foes James Comey and Andrew McCabe were reportedly subjected to rare and rigorous IRS audits
    Comey and McCabe, Who Infuriated Trump, Both Faced Intensive I.R.S. Audits

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    and then there is this. I suspect there is a part of the story we are not being told and Mr Jordan knows about but neglected to consider

How to Know if it’s Really the IRS Calling or Knocking on Your Door | Internal Revenue Service

The IRS wants you to understand how and when the IRS contacts taxpayers, and help you determine whether a contact you may have received is truly from an IRS employee.

The IRS initiates most contacts through regular mail delivered by the United States Postal Service.

However, there are circumstances in which the IRS will call or come to a home or business. These include when a taxpayer has an overdue tax bill, a delinquent (unfiled) tax return or has not made an employment tax deposit. An IRS employee may also view assets or tour a business as part of a collection investigation, an audit or an ongoing criminal investigation.

Even then, taxpayers will generally first receive several letters (called "notices") from the IRS in the mail.

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. gaterzfan

gaterzfan GC Hall of Fame

Feb 6, 2020
  4. tampajack1

tampajack1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    True.

5. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    In order of descending probability:

1:2 Its totally made up.
    1:8 There was a mailed letter that was dropped off by neighbor cuz it went to wrong address
    1:10 He was pranked
    1: 1,000 someone at the IRS really did a house call when a letter would do
    1:10,000,000,000,000,000 Biden told the IRS to go intimate this guy with some lame intimidation method

Last edited: Mar 28, 2023
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. slocala

slocala VIP Member

Jan 11, 2009
    It’s not clear, but the WSJ opinion provided a glimpse that the taxpayer was potentially at risk for identity theft. IRS fraud division may have tried to contact him, but needed to send an agent to conduct an investigation. Timing might be strange, but having no obvious coordination to his Congressional testimony makes me feel better that the government has walls up.

7. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    If the IRS were trying to intimidate him, wouldn't it visit him just before he was scheduled to testify instead of while he was testifying? So he came back, found a note to call the IRS ... because the IRS was trying to scare him into changing the testimony he already gave?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. swampbabe

swampbabe GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Viera, FL
    There ya go, trying to be all logical and stuff....

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  9. GatorFanCF

GatorFanCF Premium Member

Apr 14, 2007
    Fair point and well made. If it turns out this guy is full of stuff; then, he's dead to me and I'll confirm that the original piece was inaccurate.

10. GatorFanCF

GatorFanCF Premium Member

Apr 14, 2007
    Unacceptable no matter who does it. Is this what is called "Whattaboutism"?

If Trump pulled the trigger on the investigations/audits then I wouldn't vote for him even if he was the Pub nominee - bullshit like this is what has (previously) separated us from corrupt countries.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Agree completely that whatever Trump did or might have done does not in any way excuse the Biden administration for doing something it shouldn't have.
    But you started the thread with a very partisan "this is what the left always does ..."