Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

The good news..more experience

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by twodaparty, Oct 12, 2024 at 11:30 PM.

1. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Why, it should be a positive in their careers if they got a better coach. Keeping him hurts them more.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. manigordo

manigordo GC Hall of Fame

Players will come and go. A new coach will bring new kids into the program. That is the new normal. UF needs a coach that kids want to play for.

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. grayg8rstevo

grayg8rstevo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    You must be talking about Cliff from CHEERS.

4. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

Likely all true. Just trying to keep that mojo outa the universe for now, ya know? ;)

5. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

I have to say, These kids play hard for Billy. They seem to like him. The players havent quit.

• Agree Agree x 13
  6. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 4, 2017
    i feel him and Kiffin are the same coaches anyways.

• Creative Creative x 1
  7. manigordo

manigordo GC Hall of Fame

Agreed. I was responding to kids leaving if he is fired. New coach will attract new kids is all

8. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    See the future? Lagway? Better chance he's at UGA than UF next year.

9. twodaparty

twodaparty GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Get that weak ish out of here.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    What's your reason for optimism? Sorry to be a party pooper but we have a lame duck coach and an AD who might not have gotten the memo. Folks want the AD fired, but the the President is an interim. The season is off to a lousy start with no signs of anything good to come. Our senior QB just tripped on a blade of grass and may have suffered an ACL. Our senior RB who played great the last two weeks is hurt. We just dominated UT for the majority of the game, only to hiccup another loss.
    Bright spots? Vast improvement on defense and Lagway, who will be a star . . . probably somewhere else. What the hell would he stay in G'ville for? How many stars in 2024 have the patience to stick around for . . .

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 13, 2024 at 7:44 PM
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Spoken like a fan of our coaches...

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. 2oldgator

2oldgator GC Hall of Fame

Jul 14, 2021
    Dunnellon fl
    And you’re assuming Napier will be fired.

13. gators1994

gators1994 Junior

Sep 10, 2024
    DJ is going to be an excellent quarterback given time. I sure hope it's in Gainesville. That last touchdown was a thing of beauty. He really had no chance in OT...the offensive line was completely overwhelmed.

14. 2oldgator

2oldgator GC Hall of Fame

Jul 14, 2021
    Dunnellon fl
    We don’t know if there will be a mass exodus if Napier is fired. It certainly could happen but, the core of this team might stick together: particularly if Lagway stays. Who is hired could be a factor too.
    That said, I realize your post didn’t predict a mass exodus: you only said you wouldn’t blame kids for leaving.

15. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    That’s why Wilson ended up running that sweep but it was way too obvious to catch anyone by surprise. Still a terrible call. The jump pass however was a brilliant call in a similar situation. Our line wasn’t bad but still the same thought process. Napier is just a step too slow to catch anyone off guard. He’s better off going with a normal textbook play than trying to get cute. AR starting to run and hitting the receiver wide open against Utah was a much better call.

16. doctorg8r

doctorg8r GC Hall of Fame

Dec 11, 2018
    I totally disagree, and, that's not my opinion. The boosters are done with the BN experiment, and they have said they're going after a proven, power four, winning coach. It's not a question of if, but when. He has no OL, can't manage the gameclock, wastes timeouts, continues to make mistakes on ST, and squanders plays. I hope he stays on, until the end of the season. Otherwise, we could lose a bunch of players to the TP (and that is the intention of the powers that be). If he was going to be fired, it should have followed the Tennessee game. BN's blunders resulted in another loss. We could likely lose the rest of our games. The Gators WILL NOT retain BN with a 3-9 record. Best case scenario, he beats Kentucky and Free Shoes. With a 5-7 record, he still will not survive!!!

17. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    We could beat lsu and ole miss too but he’s still a bad playcaller.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. hhpgator

hhpgator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 13, 2017
    The way the team played lock step with UT tells me we have the talent to go toe to toe with OM and LsU. Coaching may cost us those games, but if there are no obvious coaching blunders, we could steal one of those. It’s obvious that the players love Napier and they haven’t quit.

If CBN could be forced into hiring an elite OC and dropping one of our extra coaches, these players could be competitive in every game. CBN appears to be the new Zooker.

19. doctorg8r

doctorg8r GC Hall of Fame

Dec 11, 2018
    We could beat anybody, but will we? We shall see!

Last edited: Oct 15, 2024 at 10:02 AM
  20. ThomasD89

ThomasD89 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 9, 2011
    How are the boosters going to accomplish this? Wouldn't Stricklin be in charge of finding the replacement? You really think the boosters are going to give Stricklin the buyout money AND let him be in charge of the next search? There is no way a group of boosters are going to ride herd over an AD doing a coaching search. Nobody within the University leadership would stand for it. Not even an 'interim,' the precedent would be too poisonous to tolerate.

Would YOU want Stricklin to be in charge of replacing Napier?

Really don't think any of this works that way. But we will know soon enough.