Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

The Future of the United States and Western Society

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by cflgator83, Jun 19, 2023.

1. cflgator83

cflgator83 All American

Jun 26, 2022
    Sorry but I don't buy into the whole "we're getting the best and brightest" line you all like to claim. I believe we're getting their slums, their criminals, the ones they want out of their own countries". Are we getting a few hard workers? Sure. Are we getting a few Doctors and Engineers? Sure. But the vast majority will end up on some form of government assistance. And that's why a lot of them are coming here. Because they know when they get in they'll be able to get on those government programs. Many of them are not here to work.

2. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  3. gatorchamps960608

gatorchamps960608 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 4, 2020
    For what you are looking for, Joe Biden is the only one who comes close. As for multiple homes, Trump spends most of the year living in one of the 2 country clubs he owns. I mean, come on. The only thing that was fully accomplished when the GOP controlled all 3 branches with Trump was a tax cut for the rich and stacking the SCOTUS.

Those are very macro level immigration problems you are describing that don't affect you at all save for worse traffic. We wouldn't have these issue if not for Nancy Reagan's drug war that ended up putting the murderous cartels in charge of big swaths of Central and South America.

An unfortunate fact about America that many won't face is that we need cheap labor. Cheaper than $7
    25 an hour cheap labor.

4. cflgator83

cflgator83 All American

Jun 26, 2022
    If it was actually complete (and not partially completed) and part of a larger comprehensive security system it would work. But yeah partially completed it's not going to do much. And for the "they'll just climb over or under it" argument you could easily electrify the top of the wall. That will largely prevent going over it. And you could bury the wall into the ground a good 50 feet. That would largely prevent going under it.

If you believe walls don't work then I hope you don't have a fence or that your community isn't gated. If it is why? You don't believe those systems work. Newsflash, they actually do work. Are they perfect? No. Are they better than nothing? Absolutely.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Who said anything about best and brightest? Heck, the line on the Statue of Liberty says nothing about bringing us your best and brightest. In fact, just the opposite. The notion of America is we take those that have been poor but who are eager for something better and turn them into the best and brightest (over a few generations).

Where did your Italian family come from? Perhaps you need to look at Irish and Italian immigration to this country. Again, the argument was that they were all poor criminals.

All the Italians were in the mafia. All the Irish were drunk, boorish, violent idiots. That was what people like you said to them at the time.

Again, if you think that somebody is coming to the US because they really want Section 8 housing or food stamps, you really have no clue what you are talking about. Heck, the fact that people are willing to immigrate in ways that make them ineligible for such programs disproves your entire point.

• Winner Winner x 2
  6. cflgator83

cflgator83 All American

Jun 26, 2022
    Oh you can't be serious. Joe Biden has no pulse at all on average Americans. Joe Biden hasn't even driven a car in who knows how many years. Multiple homes, millions of dollars, lifetime federal government employee. Joe Biden who says the average white person is the greatest national security threat in our country. Who would lock up all conservatives if he could. Yeah Joe Biden might be the most OUT OF TOUCH President to the average working class American that we've ever had and that's saying something.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 2
  7. philnotfil

philnotfil GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    We are getting people willing to walk a thousand miles for a better life.

• Winner Winner x 3
  8. gatorchamps960608

gatorchamps960608 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 4, 2020
    If you believe that about Biden but lionize Trump, there's no helping you. The only way that Trump connects with the common man is their shared 4th grade vocabulary and reading level.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. cflgator83

cflgator83 All American

Jun 26, 2022
    I don't know much but what I do know is both my parents came from poor families, they came from nothing. My grandmother on my dad's side was Italian and her mother came over through Ellis Island. You know what they definitely didn't get? Any government assistance. So if you want to go back to Ellis Island rules then no government assistance.

Or would you like to talk about how many immigrants are being put up at nice NYC hotels that I (and a lot of us here) couldn't afford. I know my grandmother and great grandmother definitely didn't get put up at nice NYC hotels back in the day.

10. cflgator83

cflgator83 All American

Jun 26, 2022
    Well you could argue if they have nothing then they have nothing to lose.

11. mikemcd810

mikemcd810 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    You may want to start by cutting from your life whatever news sources this nonsense comes from.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. cflgator83

cflgator83 All American

Jun 26, 2022
    Ugh Biden literally said whites are the biggest national security threat to this country. No the Chinese, not the Russians, not any Middle Eastern groups. Groups like white moms who don't want DEI/CRT stuff taught to their kids. White men who aren't ashamed to be white. White people who are conservative. That's who Biden believes is the greatest threat to the U.S. That's all I need to know about who Joe Biden is. I'd love for him to have the guts to say that to my face or the faces of an average white conservative American.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 2
  13. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    When did they come into the US? You sure they never lived in a public "poor house?" They never received any degree of "outdoor relief?" Most immigrants did at some point.

All of that is a result of wanting the government to control immigration. No need for any of that if you don't have to go through a massively expensive legal process to immigrate, but rather just get to show up and get to work right away. Your grandparents didn't get that because they didn't need to go through such a process.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    [​IMG]

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. cflgator83

cflgator83 All American

Jun 26, 2022
    As far as Biden is concerned, any one who is white and isn't ashamed to be white is a white supremacist. So that means most whites in his mind here are white supremacists.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  16. philnotfil

philnotfil GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    I know of times and places when Biden has said that white supremacy is the biggest national security threat to this country. When and where do you believe Biden said whites are the biggest national security threat to this country?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. archigator_96

archigator_96 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2020
    Because he is so petty and vindictive that they have to tiptoe around everything they say or do to not run afoul of him. The poor people in this country don't have anything to worry about since they don't have anything he wants other than a vote.

Also, maybe get 1 or 2 good friends to hang out with. It's a good distraction and helps you feel like you're part of something.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. cflgator83

cflgator83 All American

Jun 26, 2022
    As I take my leave of you all, I wish the best for you all in the upcoming dark time (even if you don't reciprocate to well wishes). I think most of you all are pretty wrong in how you assess issues and our current society but take solace in the face that I know your side will eventually win. This country will become like Europe and then become authoritarian and fall at some point. We are going to go through hell. My only hope is we come out the other side where we then go to heaven.

As part of my final words, I'll provide you this final song. It's how I feel most of the time but it's truly one of my favorite songs in history. Not one many of you will have heard of or understand. It's about the end and a new beginning.

So with that said, feel free to take a few minute and listen to this song:

Komm Susser Tod

As one of my idols growing up Art Bell would say. I will see you all out there, somewhere in time.

Farewell Too Hot. Goodbye and may God be with all of you and have mercy on all of us.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009

Why are you even concerned with that? Stop watching social media and tv and just look around. They are people. Most of this stuff has little impact on your daily life and to the extent it does it isn’t like they are insurmountable odds stacked against you.

You call yourself conservative but one of the concepts of conservatism is to make he best of what you have. Quit focusing on irrelevant shit.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    Yes, tribal affinity, etc. You are being just as guilty as the people you dislike in terms of identity politics. Turn off the tv and social media, and yes probably take a break from here. You live once make the best of it, don’t waste it wishing life were like leave it to beaver.