Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

The Future of the United States and Western Society

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by cflgator83, Jun 19, 2023.

1. cflgator83

cflgator83 All American

Jun 26, 2022
    True but it's not forced on them. They don't get the "Brazil doesn't have enough Black people or enough Muslims" shoved down their throats.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  2. channingcrowderhungry

channingcrowderhungry Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom of a pint glass
    I never knew about until I dated a Japanese girl from Sao Paulo. Brazil has the largest population of Japanese outside of Japan.

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    Oh yeah? How would you know? You are just projecting and making shit up.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. channingcrowderhungry

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom of a pint glass
    There's no burden for you to do it. If they don't want to there is also no burden on them. You asked for suggestions on what you could possibly do to change, and that was my suggestion. Change comes from within.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  5. cflgator83

cflgator83 All American

Jun 26, 2022
    Okay you got me there. I'll admit I never knew that. But still it's natural, it's not forced on them like it is white countries. Our media (and I know European media, many owned by the same big companies we have here in the U.S.) literally forces it down our throat. There are many in our society who won't be happy until whites are the minority. I don't see anyone forcing Hispanics to be a minority in Brazil.

Do you have a link providing evidence that Brazil has the largest population of Japanese outside of Japan? Not criticizing, genuinely curious. I honestly never knew that and would've never thought that would be the case.

6. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    Just the fact that you have people that look like Giselle and also like Pele should tip people off that its basically Portuguese America.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. cflgator83

cflgator83 All American

Jun 26, 2022
    I understand where you are coming from and I guess I should try to be the bigger man. I guess it just irritates me that the recommendation is "get to know other people that aren't white" when I feel like a lot of Hispanics and Blacks never try to do the same. So many of them just assume we're all racists.

I guess at the end of the day my fear (as irrational as it most likely is) is that whenever whites do become the minority in the U.S. that whites will be treated pretty horribly. That at best it will be second class citizenship status for whites in the U.S. At worst it will be open season on whites from discrimination to lack of resources and funds to even potentially imprisonment/genocide.

8. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    Hispanic is an American term (and I'm not even sure American Brazilians think of themselves that way, since they aren't Spanish at all), that word has no meaning there. Brazilians generally think of themselves as white, black or mixed (or whatever their national origin is, like Japanese or Italian).

9. ncargat1

ncargat1 VIP Member

Dec 11, 2009
    Please seek the professional help you so clearly require.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. latergatercg

latergatercg Sophomore

Jun 8, 2023
    We won't be getting many Hispanics in the future. Latin America is aging rapidly. This is very quickly becoming moot point. I used to be concerned about this, but now I don't care. We will need more laborers than we can get. AI is coming for our jobs, but labor will still he needed.

11. cflgator83

cflgator83 All American

Jun 26, 2022
    Do they really do the hyphenated thing like here in the U.S. Do they say things like Italian-Brazilian or Japanese-Brazilian like we do here. The hyphenated thing almost got to me. Essentially saying their ancestral country is more important than the country they are in now. The country that is giving them their opportunities. Like where do their loyalties really lie?

I should know more about Brazilians. At one job I had I worked with a variety of Brazilian interns and like you said some were white, some brownish and some black.

12. cflgator83

cflgator83 All American

Jun 26, 2022
    It's probably too late for that but thank you for the concern.

13. channingcrowderhungry

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom of a pint glass
    For sure. I mean Ayrton Senna looked like he could be from any southern European country.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. dangolegators

dangolegators GC Hall of Fame

Apr 26, 2007
    Lucky fellow. Japanese girl from Sao Paulo sounds pretty sweet.

• Like Like x 1
  15. latergatercg

latergatercg Sophomore

Jun 8, 2023
    This is really concerning to hear. I presume you aren't working? Look, you have done what you thought was right. The human race will always have problems. There is nothing to worry about any longer. Take care of yourself.

I'm in the second half of my life and both my parents, not myself yet, had very serious health issues at a young age. I constantly tell myself, is it really worth getting upset about?

16. gatorchamps960608

gatorchamps960608 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 4, 2020
    There's a great anecdote going around about a corporate pizza party. By the time 2 different employees make it into the kitchen, there are only 6 slices left. One employee is pretty hungry but just takes 1 slice. Another isn't so hungry but takes 5 slices. They both took the amount they took for the exact same reason but with different motivations.

A lot of white males won't be happy until they and everyone who looks like them get the first shot at all the fruits of this country and everyone else can fight about what's left over as if it were still the 1950s.

FYI, Donald Trump doesn't give 2 poops about any of the attendees at his rallies unless they have written him 6 figure checks. His Manhattan abode has gold laden walls and toilets, you think he cares about some rednecks in Pasco or Marion counties who leave their double wides to attend his airport runway rallies? You're kidding yourselves.

And other than racism, what is the obsession with immigration? I don't see anyone criticizing corporations that hire the undocumented for their cheap labor--only the workers are the problem apparently.

Posts like the OP's show us just who the real snowflakes are in this country and it ain't the libs.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  17. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    Maybe you can do a man on the street interview in Novo Hamburgo

18. channingcrowderhungry

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom of a pint glass
    It was very sweet. Awesome girl. But she was a little older and ready to settle down and start a family and I was not.

19. tripsright

tripsright GC Legend

Dec 2, 2021
    Florida
    “I’ll flat out say I am planning on this being my final thread on here for awhile. Perhaps forever but at least forawhile.”

I’m really liking that “forever” part.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. cflgator83

cflgator83 All American

Jun 26, 2022
    So if Donald Trump doesn't represent the working class American than who does? Elitist Joe Biden with multiple homes? Elitist Gavin Newsome who believed his COVID lockdown laws didn't apply to him? Establishment Ron DeSantis who is funded and paid out by the Bush/Romney types?

The obsession with immigration is we can't support the whole world. Look at what happened here in Orlando after that one hurricane hit Puerto Rico. A ton of Puerto Ricans came to Orlando. What did they do? Overwhelmed our roads, schools, doctors office, medical facilities, etc. The education of kids here suffered as kids from Puerto Rico were put in classrooms and couldn't even understand what the teacher was saying, slowing down learning for everyone. Traffic was significantly worse as the roads couldn't handle the influx of people. Heck the roads can't handle the people here currently. The U.S. can't support the entire world. If we're going to support the whole world then why not make everyone a U.S. citizen. At least then they would all be required to pay taxes.

I'm not against immigration but I do think there should be a limit each year. Say 200,000/year. Immigration should start in the home country, not at the U.S. border. Asylum claims should be limited to documented political prosecution in the immigrants home country and the immigrant should have to claim asylum in the first country with a stable government. That is how asylum always has been. The asylum rules have been completely abused. My country being a sh*thole, while sad, is not a valid claim for asylum. But the immigrants claim asylum at the border because then they know that gets them in and most of them will never attend the court date 1 - 2 years down the line. The vast majority of immigrants, even if they had asylum claims, from South America and Central America, should be claiming asylum in Costa Rica or Mexico.

And I don't like the undocumented cheap labor either. It's pathetic and exploitative. I'm okay with a guest worker program for agriculture as long as it's established the immigrants have to leave the U.S. when the season is over.