Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

*** The end is near, for Billy Napier at Florida ***

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by 62gator, Sep 14, 2024 at 8:06 PM.

1. eastowest

eastowest GC Hall of Fame

May 13, 2007
    GXfF0jHWAAASrxS.jpeg

2. army_gator03

army_gator03 Senior

Oct 5, 2019
    I think athletic directors have egos much like head coaches do. They want to be the guy credited with finding and hiring the next big thing in the coaching industry. That’s why Stricklin hired Billy. He didn’t care about plucking an established HC from a Power 5 (now 4) school. He wanted to be the guy that found the next dominant HC in college football. There’s not necessarily a problem with that line of thinking, except Scott is a terrible judge of coaching talent so his chance of even accomplishing that feat is very low as it is.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Absolutely not. An asshole yes. Never a douchebag.

Hey - I’m open to the idea that Lane might have matured enough to shed his former douchebag skin. He may be a good fit for UF now. And our choices are not many. I’ll hold my nose and climb on board. But he’s never had the high character and integrity that SOS had, and still does. Ignorant people really need to stop acting like Kiffy is the next Spurrier. It’s an insult to SOS to associate the two

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. gatorgrl

gatorgrl GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Jacksonville

is this yesterday? If so this makes me sad. He knows. We know. And we all want to cry. I knew this is where we’d be when he refused to hire a new OC and DC.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Perhaps

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. 21

21 GC Hall of Fame

Aug 24, 2007
    Lol... I never said Lane would be the next Spurrier for us!! I think he is a great offensive minded head coach who is a great fit for the type of football that our fanbase likes.. was Meyer a "good guy" in your mind?? And I know you strongly dislike Meyer because I've seen you post about him over the years.. acting like Meyer didn't pour his heart and soul into coaching us.. and he won us 2 Nattys.. just unappreciative!!! I guess we'll hire another "good guy" head coach and we'll continue losing

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  7. danmanne65

danmanne65 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 2, 2022
    DeLand
    I think some people aren’t getting the difference between Spurrier’s needling and Kiffen’s douchebagery. If he is our next coach I will support him but I won’t be happy about it.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  8. yoyogator

yoyogator Freshman

Nov 4, 2017
    Kiffin has Spurrier-esque swagger. I couldn’t stand him years ago, but he’s proven himself at this point.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. 21

21 GC Hall of Fame

Aug 24, 2007
    To make myself perfectly clear...

I DO NOT CARE IF LANE IS A DOUCHE!!!!

I WANT TO WIN!!!

Do our fanbase want to win? Or do ya'll want to be liked?

If we're being liked by other fanbases we all know the reason why....

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. airgator96

airgator96 All American

May 16, 2007
    Jacksonville
    He may or may not be the next Spurrier, but one thing we know is that Ole Miss is a team that we wish we could be. I think Spurrier is the greatest coach in our history, so that is not the debate.

The debate is what did fans think and I know it is a wide range of negative during their reigns with us.

I noticed you did not mention Meyer. I think most would agree, especially after his Jacksonville debacle that he was and is a first rate douche bag.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Zepgator

Zepgator GC Legend

Oct 18, 2010
    No problem about the mix up! It happens.

I’ve explained my position in detail about SOS leaving so many times on here. Many on here agree with me - many don’t. The way it is and always will be.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. 06GATORS08

06GATORS08 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 12, 2009
    Some of you take this way too seriously. Some of yall are out here acting like Lane is Pol Pot

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

I have no idea what you’re talking about here and neither do you. I’ve been a strong advocate of inducting Urbs into the ROH. I just don’t like the risk associated with bringing him back for a 2nd time. It’s nothing personal - I just think the risk is too high.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2024 at 12:28 PM
  14. workemsillyg8rs

workemsillyg8rs Freshman

Saturday
    Like I have said before, I would love for Lane to come here. I think he would bring the swagger back to the swamp. I don't think that we can afford his asking price.

Realistically, I think that Jedd Fisch is someone that we should seriously consider. He was a GA under SOS and he is also an alum. Being an alum means really understanding the importance of not just beating, but destroying our main rivals at every opportunity. SOS HATED UGA and FSU and did everything he could to destroy them on and off the field much the way that Porky Pig is at UGA right now.

• Like Like x 1
  15. army_gator03

army_gator03 Senior

Oct 5, 2019
    Meh. I don’t think there’s a person on this board that hasn’t done things they don’t regret.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. PlantationGator

PlantationGator Junior

Jun 21, 2014
    No need for such extreme measures. Just go to the Laser doctor to have it removed. :D:eek::eek::eek:

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. okeechobee

okeechobee GC Hall of Fame

Sep 11, 2022
    People like you are the reason Billy Napier is here now. And if Lane Kiffin is really all the bad that you say he is and he leaves us at the altar as you allege he will, guess what?? We're NO WORSE OFF than we are right now with your boy Napier driving us over the cliff, so it doesn't matter!!!

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 2
  18. PlantationGator

PlantationGator Junior

Jun 21, 2014
    If we can't hook a Big Fish, then hire Bill Belicheck as a one or two year Interim Coach.

It would certainly draw attention. :D:eek:

Just thinking outside of the box.

Way outside. :eek:

Boston Whaler Gator

• Creative Creative x 3
  19. AgingGator

AgingGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    Not to be difficult but that is blasphemous. Your emotions are getting the better of you right now

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  20. 21

21 GC Hall of Fame

Aug 24, 2007
    Their was definitely a point when you were hating on Meyer consistently.... don't play dumb...

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1