Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

The Dark is Getting Darker

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by gatormonk, Jul 26, 2024.

1. G8tas

G8tas GC Hall of Fame

Sep 22, 2008
    Different set of rules

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. ursidman

ursidman VIP Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Bug Tussle NC
    Yeah, I struggled to find a Bishops hat in there. I opened the image on a largerscreen and zoomed way in and looked at all the people there but couldn’t find it. I finally just assumed it was the round spiky thing behind or on the large lady in the center that was being referenced. Still didn’t see it.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  3. enviroGator

enviroGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 12, 2007
    Take it from someone who has been married a long time, it is normally wiser to apologize even if you don't think you did something wrong than to try and convince someone they are wrong.

But I know that may be confusing since Pubs think apologizing is a sign of weakness.

4. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

This was reported as the Last Supper by literally every major outlet at the time. They have made changes to the reporting, but initially they all said it. It wasnt just the lame echo type outlets.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

I was a pub a long time. I apologized A LOT.
    Why? Also married for a good while. :D

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  6. enviroGator

Apr 12, 2007
    I know with me, it took some training. But god bless her - she put in the work! lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. mrhansduck

mrhansduck GC Hall of Fame

Nov 23, 2021
    The OP had a link referencing the "[o]vert pagan and satanic symbolism," and the post before my last one had a link referencing the "Satanic display at the opening ceremony." I'm not sure if people alleging that it was Satanic are literally referring to Satan, conflating paganism with Satanism, or something else. I don't know the answer to your bolded questions or how others might answer them. I've personally thought of paganism as having been polytheistic (and therefore religious) and thought of Satanism as either being about literal Devil worship or perhaps more commonly a belief system promoting humanism and/or secular values.

8. gaterzfan

gaterzfan GC Hall of Fame

Feb 6, 2020
    Perhaps the use of satanic in characterizing the exhibit is in reference to the catalyst for using a pagan (paganized) depiction of the Last Supper. Many Christians believe Satan exists and will denigrate His word and attack his followers in different ways. Maybe the folks responsible for the exhibit were unknowingly doing Satan’s work? That would result in a satanic, pagan exhibit.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  9. phatGator

phatGator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2007
    Dayton, Ohio
    Your post reminded me of a commercial some years ago where a college guy is studying with the very pretty girl. He apologized for something and the girl said “I like a guy who can admit he’s wrong.” The guy then said, “Well I’m wrong a lot!” :D

• Funny Funny x 4
  10. phatGator

phatGator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2007
    Dayton, Ohio
    I see Satanism as the direct and intentional worship of the evil being known as Satan. Pagans are not necessarily doing that. However, the Bible says that Satan is the god of this world. So pagans worshiping false gods rather than the true and living God are doing what Satan wants. In the Old Testament, God judged Israel harshly for following false gods.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2024
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. enviroGator

Apr 12, 2007
    Holy cow! I might be a Satanist!

12. gatorjo

gatorjo GC Hall of Fame

Feb 24, 2024
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    This Rob Schneider? :emoji_joy:

Guy made some of the dumbest trashiest comedies of all time. It’s a bit mental for the star of classics such as Deuce Bigalow Male Gigilo to be lecturing anyone about anything when it comes to depravity in entertainment.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. gatorjo

gatorjo GC Hall of Fame

Feb 24, 2024
    ^ Yeah, he's been full right wing kook for a while now.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. bigDgator

bigDgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Battle of the sexes?

It seemed pretty popular before.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. gaterzfan

Feb 6, 2020
    LOL, the Paris Olympics side shows continue to fall of the rails ... seemingly planned by a group as incompetent as the USSS detail at the Trump rally at which Trump was nearly assassinated.

Numerous Athletes Fleeing Olympic Village as Woke Virtue Signalling Creates Nightmare Conditions (msn.com)

If we teach our children properly, they will remember the 2024 Paris Olympics as the distilled essence of anti-human wokeness.

First, billions of Christians worldwide had to endure opening ceremonies polluted by a blasphemous display of sexual deviants mocking Jesus. Then came an official explanation of the performance that compounded the original affront with blatant lies.

Now, according to multiple reports, athletes from across the world have responded to the International Olympic Committee's virtue-signaling, climate-worshiping, "sustainability" theater by fleeing the anti-human living conditions they experienced inside the Olympic Village.

With the pompous self-satisfaction that defines the modern woke liberal, IOC officials deliberately created those conditions.

The Paris Olympics touted climate-friendly food. Athletes demanded more meat. (msn.com)

Chefs with Michelin stars helped design the menus, and Paris 2024 organizers have emphasized all the plant-based and locally sourced offerings that minimize the carbon footprint of these Games. Among the options in and around the cavernous food hall for athletes are twisted artichoke-truffle croissants, lentil dal and beefless bourguignon.

But some athletes want more meat.

Sodexo Live, the French company responsible for catering in the Athletes’ Village and many of the Olympic competition venues, said Monday that it had adjusted supplies in response to athlete feedback and consumption patterns in the early days of the Games.

“Certain products, such as eggs and grilled meats, are particularly popular among athletes, so their quantities have been immediately increased,” the company said in a statement.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. lacuna

lacuna The Conscience of Too Hot Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Redlands, Colorado
    The rituals and customs of the winter solstice and spring equinox were embraced and modified by Christians, continued and grew as the faith expanded into Europe. Eostre, the pagan goddess of fertility was ritualistically celebrated with eggs and rabbits. The Bible is silent on the date Jesus was born. Constantine is responsible for Christmas as he adapted the winter solstice celebrations for the Roman sun god, Sol Invictus, to celebrate the birth of Jesus. The 'death' of the sun occurs on or close to the 22nd of December and by the 25th its increase is discernible. Evergreens and Yule traditions were incorporated in later years as Christianity spread north into Europe.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  18. altalias

altalias GC Hall of Fame

Aug 13, 2008
    I have read multiple accounts of the opening ceremony which I did not watch. In all of them the Satanism was attributed to the beheaded bloodied Marie Antoinette. Celebrating blood and death isn't appropriate in the celebration of a sports event. If I believed in a literal Satan I suppose I would call it Satanic.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. gaterzfan

Feb 6, 2020
    The "woke-lympics" continue to slide into the morass of mindless progressive absurdity.

Olympic boxer quits after 46 seconds against opponent who failed gender test (msn.com)

"Angela Carini stopped her contentious Olympic boxing match against Imane Khelif just 46 seconds in after taking several hits, one year following Khelif's failed gender test.

Italian boxer Carini did not engage with Khelif when she approached in the ring and instead collapsed to the mat, crying, as she conceded the fight with a suspected broken nose.

Khelif, aged 25, was allowed to compete in women's boxing events despite being barred from last year's Women's World Championships for not meeting the eligibility requirements. The IOC disclosed that Khelif was disqualified at New Delhi for not passing a testosterone level assessment.

Post-fight, Carini told Italian reporters she had "never felt a punch like it" from Khelif and expressed her devastation, noting her presence in Paris was to "honour her father and represent her country"."

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    Joey, do you like to watch gladiator movies?

• Funny Funny x 1