Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

The cruelty and mental illness of obsessive transphobia

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by tampagtr, Apr 7, 2024.

1. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
  3. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    • Like Like x 1
  4. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Success for the state policy! A life destroyed, administrators intimidated, other students upset. The genital obsessed Karens prevail. May they get what they deserve. Read the whole article. It’s sickening cruelty. Pure evil

Jessica Norton said her daughter was thriving at Monarch High School in suburban Fort Lauderdale before an anonymous tipster notified a Broward County school board member in November that the 16-year-old was playing on the girls varsity volleyball team in apparent violation of state law. The 2021 Fairness in Women’s Sports Act bars students who were born male from participating in girls sports.

Norton’s child began taking puberty blockers at age 11 and takes estrogen but has not had gender-affirming surgery. Such procedures are rarely done on minors.

Her parents say she often sat on the bench for Monarch’s volleyball team and has no athletic advantages from being born male.

Mom of transgender girl athlete says Florida’s investigation has destroyed her daughter’s life
    Mom of transgender girl athlete says Florida’s investigation has destroyed her daughter’s life - Tampa Bay Times

5. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    Author wrote that the child transitioned in first grade. I wonder how common that is. The trans individuals I know transitioned during college.

6. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    No idea. But plainly everyone that knew the situation was OK and that she had no advantage. But still she and her family were persecuted with zeal, to cause pain

7. shaun10

shaun10 Senior

Apr 3, 2007
    This is a very, very difficult issue to navigate. No question about. And I no way do I support anyone treating another individual in an unkind way just because they are different. However, anyone who thinks it is a good idea for an 11 year to begin taking puberty blockers is an idiot.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2024
  8. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    The child socially transitioned in first grade. It's not all that uncommon and involves no medical intervention. It's allowing the child to wear his or her hair in the style of the gender with which he/she supposedly identifies and to wear clothing of that gender. If it turns out that the child isn't transgender he/she can return to presenting as his/her biologic gender.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    The average age for girls to start puberty is 11, while for boys the average age is 12.

But it's perfectly normal for puberty to begin at any point between the ages of 8 and 13 in girls and 9 and 14 in boys.

Early or delayed puberty.

10. FutureGatorMom

FutureGatorMom Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    I agree, but I also know that we enter puberty at different ages. Before they get to the point of using puberty blockers, they have to go through psychological testing. From what I understand, children will start signaling how they feel years before.

As a parent, I couldn't imagine dealing with this, having a gay son was an adventure in itself.

• Like Like x 1
  11. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    Thanks. Do you know how common it is for trans individuals to socially transition in first grade? This is not a challenge question. I'm genuinely curious.

12. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I don't know the precise answer to that question but I just finished listening to a two-part podcast that is very illuminating.

They were incredibly frustrated that trans individuals are almost never actually interviewed as part of so-called studies on the issue. However, they said that the times they are, they almost all state that they usually felt different and often identified as being possibly non-binary in that timeframe.

As Va noted, social transition can be easily reversed and occasionally is. The podcast episodes are at

Maintenance Phase

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  13. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    By "in that timeframe," you mean around age six (1st G)?

14. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Correct. I don't recall the precise wording. I listen to them today but they do not seem to have transcripts, even they have a link to transcripts on their website. Maybe up to be a paid member, which I am not. But that's my recollection.

And I listens a long time. They can be fairly irreverent. But they are pretty thorough in explaining their thinking, and I've never found that they have summarized a position unfairly. And they provide links

15. phatGator

phatGator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2007
    Dayton, Ohio
    A life destroyed? She can’t play the sport she wants to play. Even if you believe that is unfair, it’s a stretch to say her life has been destroyed.

Last year in the discussion of child sex trafficking when the movie Sound of Freedom came out, on multiple occasions you downplayed child sex trafficking and described it as statistically nonexistent.

So a girl not getting to play the sport she wants to play is a life destroyed, but girls trafficked for sex is a problem so small as to not worry about it.

16. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  17. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Not remotely what I sad then, which I will get to. This is the quote:

Norton told the school board Tuesday that her daughter had been elected freshman and sophomore class president, was selected the student body’s director of philanthropy and was a homecoming princess. That all ended when the investigation began and the girl left Monarch.

“They destroyed her high school career and her lifelong memories,” Norton said. “I saw the light in my daughter’s eyes gleam with future plans of organizing and attending prom, participating in and leading senior class traditions, speaking at graduation and going off to college with the confidence and joy that any student like her would after a successful and encouraging high school experience. And 203 days ago, I watched as that life was extinguished.”

The girl now attends school online.

Back to Sound Of Freedom. I will correct the record, then I have no interest in engaging with you any longer on any issue.

What I said is how it was described in the movie DOES NOT HAPPEN. And that is correct. There has not been a confirmed case of someone kidnapped like that for sex and taken across international lines. I said you never say never, because it is theoretically possible.

Tim Ballard and those that like him are far more of a danger than so called international sex traffickers. But we have massive policies and massive campaigns, movies even, acting like it does, all to create a false narrative for malicious political purposes.

Much like this case - you have state laws and investigations, out to destroy people. You all like these issues because you want to pretend that you are creating a system to protect when you are creating a system to victimize

I've had enough of this BS from bad people, from an evil movement.

18. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Imagine that. Simple kindness and love for family

19. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    OTOH, the policy obtaining the hoped for results

20. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007