Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

The coming Trump Neofascist crackdown if he wins...

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by luvtruthg8r, Nov 6, 2023.

1. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    I was obviously speaking hypothetically if he wins the Presidency

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2023
  2. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    “Not finding a thing” is an interesting way of putting it. Also, Trump was ten fold more often the subject of an investigation IN HIS OWN ADMINISTRATION than Joe Biden.

I’d say Hunter Biden extorting companies linked to the Chinese Communist Party throwing the weight of his dad's name is something to go on. But of course you’ll probably disagree because it’s all about politics to you people. Anything to back your guy.

I think I understand. When Biden's Administration indicts his chief political rival for something he himself did, it's just enforcing the law. We can't have a lawless society now can we, but when Donald Trump's hypothetical Administration indicts Joe Biden, it's a "revenge tour" that ought to be condemned, even if he broke the law.

Absolutely ridiculous.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2023
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    If not, don't worry, Aileen Cannon will open hers up.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. mrhansduck

mrhansduck GC Hall of Fame

Nov 23, 2021
    Maybe I misread, but I think your post referenced extortion of Ukraine rather than China before your edit? It’s notable because I think the two countries have been conflated at times.

I believe Hunter was/is grifting off his family name. That’s a fair investigation IMO. But it’s not clear to me exactly what’s being alleged against Joe. If the Trump administration had evidence of Joe committing a crime, why didn’t they pursue it? Were they okay with looking the other way for some reason? If Republicans in the House have enough evidence for a formal impeachment inquiry or even for actual articles of impeachment, why are they waiting?

At least with Trump, the written indictments have been detailed and made public. We can see and discuss them. Trump is seeking delays and continuances whereas with Biden, it’s the accusers who seem to be delaying. You can often tell something about the strength of cases based on who’s trying to stall. That said, if I were representing Trump, I would be trying to delay too.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    Im not sure you can get a slim majority of Republicans to agree on anything right now. That speaks to the incompetence of Republicans (especially House Republicans) not the purity of the Biden Family.

Yes, I edited to properly reference the Chinese company referenced in the infamous Hunter texts where he said his dad was right next to him. Some of the alleged scandal is with Ukraine as well, so it’s easy to confuse the two, but that was a Chinese company.

You don’t have to know how Joe Biden is linked to that. My point is it’s more than enough to warrant a closer look, especially if some of that Hunter money was going to daddy.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. danmanne65

danmanne65 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 2, 2022
    DeLand
    Everyone says I am wrong but this has to be parody. If not get professional help.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Not that it's all that surprising Cannon is the only judge trying a case involving Trump that the Orange One has not attacked. I like to refer to her as Donald Trump's personal judge. To me that became apparent when she decided to try Trump's case in Ft. Pierce where the jury pool would be drawn from counties that voted for Trump by large margins rather than in West Palm Beach although Palm Beach County was the county in which Trump's alleged crimes took place or even in Miami the city in which the grand jury that handed up the indictment against Trump was convened. Said it before although the selection of the judge was supposedly the result of a random process Donald Trump really hit the jackpot when Aileen Cannon was selected to hear his case.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    So despite his sleazy reputation you apparently think that everything that Hunter has said or implied regarding his ability to influence his father should be considered the absolute truth? Got it.

The same guy who is under investigation and/or has been indicted for tax fraud, for lying on a federal firearms form and for failing to register as a foreign agent told the truth when he tried to enrich himself by claiming he had the ability to influence his father.

9. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    No, but you despite thinking Trump is a compulsive liar, you're assuming he shared classified information because he said it was classified. That's been characterized as the smoking gun of the classified documents case, yet it's relying on Trump's word being truth... something Democrats only seem to do when it's to Trump's detriment.

All I said was that Hunter's statements should at bare minimum be considered a reason to dig deeper.

Yeah, and there was an attempted shady plea deal which was struck down to try and get him off easy.

Trump's being threatened with spending the rest of his life in prison and isn't allowed to even talk about the indictment in DC because he's under gag order.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  10. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    We know the docs Trump had were classified. Many at the highest levels because of the markings they contained. TS-SCI means Top Secret, Open in a Sensitive Compartmentalized Information Facility Only. Document don't get more classified than this as far as I know. We also have witnesses who said Trump shared some classified materials with them, as well as known spies caught at MAR.

I agree that Hunter's business dealings should spur investigation. What where Joe's involvements, and did Joe or did not profit from them. To date, we have testimony saying Joe wasn't involved with Hunter's business at all, and conversations between Joe and Hunter's business people were quick hello's and discussion about the weather, again per testimony from others whose last name isn't Biden. We also have nothing more than circumstantial evidence that profited. We have evidence Joe loaned his brother money, and that some of that repayment, without interest, came from James Biden's China business dealings. But again, testimony is out there that Joe didn't know about James' business either, and that Joe didn't profit, and only got paid back what he had loaned out, again, without interest.

The Rs can keep digging if they wish. And maybe they will finally find something? But as of today, there's nothing there to indict Biden, and likely not enough to even impeach, as moderate Rs see the truth. In comparison, Trump is facing 91 felony counts and was impeached twice.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    I’m not saying the documents he HAD weren’t classified. I’m saying the documents he SHOWED in the infamous recording of him may not have been classified. People are relying on his word that those documents he showed were classified.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    Again, a sign Republicans unlike Democrats can't get their shit together. This is not a sign that Biden is as pure as the driven snow.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    If testimony denying allegations were enough to acquit someone without further investigation, every criminal defendant would testify on their own behalf. But this isn't the case because everyone understands that people lie, even under oath. Shocking, I know.

14. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    And the statements from some who saw the documents claim they were classified. Not sworn testimony, but statements from people other than Trump. In contrast, the statements we have regarding Joe Biden's interest in either Hunter or James Biden's business dealings is that Joe wasn't involved on any level other than some quick hello's.

If you are an AG, which evidence carries more weight that could lead to an indictment. A statement that what one did was absolutely illegal, and someone likely willing to testify to that. Or a statement that nothing illegal happened, and again, on the stand, the sworn testimony will likely echo this?

And has it ever crossed your mind this isn't a case of the Rs not being able to get their shit together? But instead, the truth is Trump is dirty and while Biden family members aren't clean, there isn't any real dirt on Joe? I'm not saying this is the absolute truth, but so far, if you follow the evidence and Occam's Razor, these look like the most likely scenarios.

15. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    Based on what? How did they know that?

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    No, the most likely reason Trump is being indicted under Occam's Razor is because one side of the aisle has been calling for his indictment since he was elected President. And some DAs campaigned on indicting him.

They throw the kitchen sink at the man the second he's elected to high public office and have been on a fishing expedition dating all the way back to the investigation launched based on the Steele Dossier which was basically false information planted by the Clinton Campaign, and we're supposed to believe that's a coincidence?

The only people who believe that are the people that reap political benefits from it, which is awfully convenient if you ask me.

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Based on the fact that classified documents are marked as classified. And anyone who can read English can see the markings. Declassified documents are also marked as declassified, and are treated as classified until the declassified mark is added.

Here's an example of an older, once highly classified, since declassified document. Notice at the top, it says, "TOP SECRET." There's also a "Declassified" stamp with a date. Any document with the TS without a strikethrough, and no declassified box would be considered classified. And it would take an idiot not to figure this out.

[​IMG]

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    Okay, what did he show them and what did they see? Did they see the classified marking? Did they see the contents of the document?

19. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Trump wasn't impeached and/or indicted on anything from the Steele Dossier. Nor the Mueller Report. Ask yourself, why is that? Could it be because there wasn't enough evidence to warrant an impeachment and subsequent indictment? Again, what does Occam's Razor tell you. If his opposition was so out to get him, why not use everything at their command, no matter how thin the evidence?

In comparison, Trump has testified in his NY fraud trial that he changed evaluations. And he wrongfully thought his disclaimer statement that is supposed to protect Mazars would protect him. In the docs case, Trump, unlike Pence and Biden, didn't fully cooperate and return all docs and allow complete access for a further search. Instead, he lied on an affidavit and purposely moved boxes to try and hide them. And in the election interference case, show me a D who called up a state Governor and AG asked just to find the specific amount of votes needed to overturn the election? Trump is on tape doing exactly this.

Again, Biden may not be clean. Go ahead and investigate. But anyone objectively looking at the cases and the evidence would see there's plenty against Trump. Some against Biden's family members, but Joe himself? Very little.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    They have. The man has been under investigation since 2016 due to bogus information. One investigation has always led to the next.

It's also not a defense of the current charges to say that they didn't indict on bogus information. The bloodlust has been there from the beginning and they just finally did something about it at the point where Trump has the most to lose.

• Funny Funny x 2