Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

The Book of Revelation

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by GatorPrincess8, Jul 28, 2024.

1. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    I would argue that Trump makes War with everyone who does not bend the knee. Disagree with him? He viciously attacks. He lost an election? He orchestrated the biggest lie on the American public. Charge him for services rendered? He makes you sue him. Loan money to him? He bankrupts the company? Raise miney for charities? He steals from them.

As as for “defending Christians?” I’d argue that he has mocked Christianity. He has repeatedly marketed himself with Jesus in the background. He has sold bibles to raise money for his campaigns. He invokes the name of Jesus not out of any true belief, but to pander for adulation. He doesn’t defend the religion, he mocks it, and he exploits it.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  2. cocodrilo

cocodrilo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Most of the latino immigrant children who he turned into orphans would be Catholic like their parents. "Defending Christians," right.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    I opened the thread to solicit scrutiny and feedback. It certainly sounded plausible, and the work sited seemed to back it's claims up ( until it didn't--ie when the map of Atlanta was exposed as Rome or some such and other shortcomings). What you can say I did, was resist and persevered in resisting--the outright dismisseal of the claims, without vetting.

4. duggers_dad

duggers_dad GC Hall of Fame

Jan 5, 2022
    Preterist here. The events foretold in Revelation occurred in the First Century.

Hint: look for the clear time indicators fore and aft.

Takeaway: Christians are the only people for whom “soon” means 2,000 years and counting.

5. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    I’m amused by kooky leftist secularist end times beliefs like Nov 5th 2024.

6. okeechobee

okeechobee GC Hall of Fame

Sep 11, 2022
    I noticed in all that you didn’t list an example of actual war. You know, where hundreds of thousands of people die and stuff.

7. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    Catastrophic and wholly unnecessary wars are tragic, but don’t rise to the level of allegedly fingering a woman thirty years ago.

8. Contra

Contra GC Hall of Fame

May 15, 2023
    I just find it interesting that out of every ruler on the planet we could single out to make a comparison to the beast we choose this one. Xi Jinping has commanded the 10 commandments be taken down in churches and replaced with portraits of himself and chairman Mao. He has thrown pastors into prisons. Christians have literally died for their faith in the Middle East and Africa, where Muslims are ethnically cleansing the land. People literally worship Kim Jong Un as some kind of deity like figure in North Korea. Christians have been run over by construction equipment in North Korea for their faith. And Trump has tweeted or said something bad about people he doesn't like. I just think the comparison is very American centric with very little global perspective in mind as to the kinds of threats Christians experience globally. In all honesty Christians who are under daily threat of death abroad would laugh at the idea that Trump is either the beast or the anti-Christ, but that is just my opinion on the Trump is the beast argument.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. cocodrilo

Apr 8, 2007
    I don't think Trump is the beast of Revelation at all. I think he's just a beast, as in a lower life form. The fact that he's biologically a human doesn't say much for humanity.

10. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    Psychologically traumatized.

11. cocodrilo

Apr 8, 2007
    Not traumatized, I just know sorry human beings by their actions, not over days or weeks but years. You don't?

12. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    I wouldn’t put Trump as a top 5 leader as “The Beast.” LOL. The argument is IF WE ARE MAKING COMPARISON, I could make an argument for the Beast. I don’t actually believe he is The Beast, to be clear.

13. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    Some of them finger women in their youth. Others instigate world wars in their old age.

14. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    *sighs* the beast was a First Century phenomenon.

15. enviroGator

enviroGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 12, 2007
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  16. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    Trump is the most powerful president in history as regards the power his detractors vest in him, even to imaging him as the Beast of Revelation.

He holds so much power, over their minds, that they will never stop thinking about him. Just as they accuse him of bringing down America the four years he’s been out of office, they will accuse of destroying America 100 years hence.

They are enslaved to him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. phatGator

phatGator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2007
    Dayton, Ohio
    There’s another good reason for reading Revelation. It reminds us who wins in the end!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    REALLY bad direction for you to take this. Better to take them down than to break them, right? Trump has broken 8 of the Ten Commandments. Give him time, he's working on it and doing the best he can.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. WC53

WC53 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 17, 2015
    Old City
    Beast, lmfao. Maybe one of the 4 horeman

20. Contra

Contra GC Hall of Fame

May 15, 2023
    Disagree. I’ve seen you make this point repeatedly. How many of the 10 commandments have you broken?

• Like Like x 1