Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

The Book of Revelation

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by GatorPrincess8, Jul 28, 2024.

1. GatorPrincess8

GatorPrincess8 Princess of Basement Dwellers VIP Member

I am tired of BOTH the Democrats and Republicans misinterpreting of Revelation to say the Others candidate is the beast in 13:16-17.

The Book of Revelation was Written by John the Apostle in code and references the Roman Empire as not to get persecuted. 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him to sow his servants-things which must Shortly take place. 1:3aBlessed is he who reads and those who hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written in it; for the time IS near.
    2:5 Remember therefore from where you have fallen; repent and do the first works, or else I will come to you QUICKLY and remove your lampstand from it's place unless you repent. ( to the church in Ephesus). 2:16Repent, or else I will come to you QUICKLY and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth. ( Church in Pergamos). 2:25 But hold FAST, what you have until I come. ( Church of Thyatira). 3:3 Remember therefore how you have received and heard; hold FAST and repent. ( Church of Sardis). 3:11 Behold I am coming quickly! Hold fast what you have, that no one will take your crown. ( church of Philadelphia). 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come into him and die with him, and he with me. ( church of Laodiceans). His letters to the seven churches emphasizes the urgency to them.
    Your reference to 13:16-17 refers to having a mark of the beast, but predictions could not be explained to someone in the past. Revelation does not always concern itself with the end.
    22:20-21 He who testifies to these things says, Surely, I am coming quickly." AMEN. Even so, come Lord Jesus! The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. AMEN. 22:12-13 And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward IS with me, to give every one according to his work. I am the Alpha and the Omega, THE Beginning and THE end, the First and The last. Look back to Daniel 8:13;19;26 2,300 days; then the sanctuary shall be Cleaned. Verse 2 refers to many days in the Future. 175-63 B. C. Predictions could not be explained example Nuclear weapons etc. This didn't have too much meaning thousands of year ago. C.T. russe;;: "The early church no one could understand", John The Apostle had Questions like Daniel. Chapter 22:6-10 is describing the scope of time frame because it is near at hand. Rev 2:9-10 The letters to the 7 churches states "repent now or he will come QUICKLY'. So see Republican's cannot state Harris etc is The Antichrist or is any Republican can be stated as The Antichrist either. Vote for whomever you feel would do the best job. 22:10 And he said to me, "Do not seal the words of this Prophecy of this book, FOR THE TIME IS AT HAND". 1 John 5:18- We know that whomever is born of Christ does not sin; but he who has been born of God himself, and the wicked ones do not touch him". 1 John 2:22 Who is a liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? He IS Antichrist who denies the Father and the son". So, This basically states that ANYONE who denies Jesus is the son of God is an Antichrist. So either NO one is an Antichrist and EVERY non-believer is a ANTICHRIST! So while I might dislike Harris she is NOT a Antichrist and therefore neither is Trump. I have been studying the book of Daniel and now Revelation and it is eye-opening. I too had once believed Obama was the Antichrist and the world was of such wicked deeds were upon us and it was the end of times as we knew it, but it was in code and used references in trying to keep from being persecuted by the Roman's. I hope this is educational to those tat read this post.

2. GatorPrincess8

3. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 11, 2011
    There is no anti-Christ. Revelations is a bunch of jibber jabber that sounds like it was written by a schizophrenic acid casualty.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 5
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. ncargat1

ncargat1 VIP Member

Dec 11, 2009
    Yeah....Trump is not the Anti-Christ. Whew. He is simply a convicted felon, pervert, adulterer, treasonous, liar and Russian shill who happily betrayed his country to his Russian masters...but definitely NOT the Anti-Christ.

So glad we cleared that up.

• Like x 7
    • Fistbump/Thanks! x 4
    • Agree x 3
    • Dislike x 2
    • Funny x 2
    • Winner x 2
    • Best Post Ever x 2
  5. cocodrilo

cocodrilo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    I wish I could remember who and where, but someone once found somewhere in the Book of Revelation a reference to the wires on the Beatles' electric guitars.

6. lacuna

lacuna The Conscience of Too Hot Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Redlands, Colorado
    Protestant reformer Martin Luther was contemptuous of the book and labeled the author as smug in his first preface for his translation.
    In his 2nd 1530 translation he was more accepting of its place but not it's apostolic provenance.

Thomas Jefferson and Martin Luther on the Book of Revelation - Dr. Matthew L. Halsted
    גֵּר־וְתוֹשָׁב: Martin Luther's Preface to the Revelation of St. John (1522)

"And then there’s Martin Luther, the acclaimed Protestant Reformer. In the first preface of his translation of Revelation in 1522, Luther’s descriptions are also quite negative. He describes the book as being “neither apostolic nor prophetic,” saying further that he “can in no way detect that the Holy Spirit produced it” (LW 35:398). After accusing the author of Revelation of being somewhat smug and rather puzzling, Luther confesses, “My spirit cannot accommodate itself to this book. For me this is reason enough not to think highly of it: Christ is neither taught nor known in it” (LW, 35:398-399).Martin Luther"

"Luther later discarded this preface and replaced it with a new one in 1530. The second preface doesn’t carry the same negative tone as the first. In fact, he thinks readers can indeed “profit” from the book, particular in terms of finding “comfort” in the hope it emits, as well as the “warning” it gives with respect to trials and persecution (LW 35:409). He ends his new preface with the following paragraph:

"Finally, let everyone think of it as his own spirit gives him to think. My spirit cannot fit itself into this book. There is one sufficient reason for me not to think highly of it,-Christ is not taught or known in it; but to teach Christ is the thing which an apostle is bound, above all else, to do, as He says in Acts 1:8, “Ye shall be my witnesses.” Therefore I stick to the books which give me Christ, clearly and purely."

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. GatorPrincess8

The Bible has only one meaning and that was God's word though his Apostle John. If people would re-read my post I said NEITHER Harris nor Trump were an Antichrist, but all non-believers according to 1 John were.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2024
    • Like Like x 2
  8. GatorPrincess8

That was his interpretation, but there is only God's word and how he presented it through his Apostle that is correct. I could Interpret Revelation in my own words, but they are NOT the word of God. Thank though for the information on Luther/Jefferson. Very interesting.

• Like Like x 1
  9. phatGator

phatGator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2007
    Dayton, Ohio
    Do you have hard evidence of this? Not assumption or interpretation, but real evidence.

• Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  10. cocodrilo

Apr 8, 2007
    You sound like the kind of fundamentalist I was as a youngster (having been raised that way, it wasn't a choice). I remember, when I first started questioning some of the "Word of God," asking my high-school English teacher (yes, she would bring up her Southern Baptist religion in a public school class), "What about some isolated tribe in the Amazon or somewhere who have never heard of the Bible or the gospel and so aren't saved?" Her answer was, "I believe their blood is on our hands." I wanted to say "bullshit" but didn't.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. G8tas

G8tas GC Hall of Fame

Sep 22, 2008
    Trump is not the Antichrist, but he is definitely everything opposite of what Christ represents. For that reason I find it very strange that so many Christian support him. I would never support a person that has stolen from hundreds of hardworking people and is a convicted rapist

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. ncargat1

ncargat1 VIP Member

Dec 11, 2009
    Other than the CIA and members of the National Security Council discussing how they were horrified that Trump had shared top secret intelligence, and Russian Foreign Secretary Lavrov publicly thanking Trump for passing the intelligence to him? You mean, other than those things??

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. cocodrilo

Apr 8, 2007
    It was all about abortion. The evangelicals supported Trump to get rid of Roe v. Wade, which he did. I guess they support him now out of gratitude, I have no idea. (Pro-life Trump, what a laugh. If he had made Stormy pregnant, he would have paid for an abortion in a New York minute.)

• Agree Agree x 4
  14. okeechobee

okeechobee GC Hall of Fame

Sep 11, 2022
    You already know the answer.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. lacuna

lacuna The Conscience of Too Hot Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Redlands, Colorado
    That's painting with a broad brush. Both the Democrats and Republicans can believe or disbelieve an interpretation. Those religious convictions are based more on denomination that political affiliation and in far smaller numbers than you imply.

I'm confused about your objective for this thread. Are you rejecting discussion of any interpretation that does not match your preferred interpretation

The title Christ is translated through the Greek from the Hebrew Moshiach translated as Messiah in English. It means 'anointed', and there were many messiahs, or anointed people in the Hebrew scriptures. Priests, kings, prophets including Moses, Joshua, Elijah, Elisha, Samson, Saul, David, Samuel.
    I think your conclusion faulty. All Jews of that era, and even today believe they are children - sons and daughters - of God. The Isaiah 7:14 does not apply to Jesus. Isaiah was foretelling the birth of another child.
    [/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/QUOTE]

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. GatorPrincess8

The Bible is The Gospel of God's words and wisdoms. No man should interpret what is said in revelation, but simply let God Speak through his Apostle's. If someone wants to interpret it,go ahead. I did not copy and paste what I wrote I typed it from what the Bible reads. I did not say someone can't believe different, but go strictly by the scriptures.
    [/quote][/quote][/quote][/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

17. GatorPrincess8

Don't believe me? I know what I am learning in Bible class. I have provided videos of Lesson 1&2 of Revelation that we are studying at Church. Watch it or don't up to you.

18. gatorjo

gatorjo GC Hall of Fame

Feb 24, 2024
    The Republican Senate Intelligence Committee released their report with evidence that the Trump campaign knowingly accepted help from Russia in the 2016 election.

Surely you are aware of THAT.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 2
  19. phatGator

Dec 3, 2007
    Dayton, Ohio
    I suppose you mean revealing the intelligence regarding the Islamic state. I’ll say straightaway that I think that was highly unwise of Trump to do and wish he had not done it.

How does that prove that Trump has Russian masters? All it proves is that he unfortunately revealed classified information.

You can perhaps argue that that is a betrayal of our country, although I’m not sure that’s a strong argument. The stronger argument is that it betrayed our intelligence ally who gave us the information. I accept that as a betrayal.

A president’s handling of classified information falls into a different category from all the rest of us. First off, the president has the authority to declassify information as he sees fit. This was stated in a Washington Post article on the subject.

The other aspect is that the Supreme Court has ruled that the president sets foreign policy. So if the president deems revealing some information is in our country’s best interest, he has the right to do it. We can always argue that it’s not in our country’s interest, but again, it’s his choice.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  20. phatGator

Dec 3, 2007
    Dayton, Ohio
    Yes, I am aware of that. But how does that show that the Russians are Trump‘s masters? Seems to show more that Trump used the Russians not the other way around.

But to be clear, I do not approve of his actions. I’m just challenging the idea prevalent on TH that Trump is a puppet of Putin. I would like to see hard evidence of that before I accept it. That’s all.

• Like Like x 2