Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

The 2024 Election will be apocalyptic!

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by okeechobee, Aug 1, 2023.

1. mrhansduck

mrhansduck GC Hall of Fame

Nov 23, 2021
    Why do you think Trump and the MAGA who wanted to "stop the steal" were so angry at Pence? Because Pence was irrelevant and he didn't matter? The plans were laid out in the Eastman memos, and at that point, Pence was the remaining hope. That's why Pence mattered and why they hate him now. Also, you may be forgetting the statements from McConnell, Graham, and other conservatives following the events of January 6th and the fact that Trump's Attorney General, who had defended Trump at every turn, resigned over Trump's lies before January 6th even happened. The notion that nobody but the far left thought this was serious is revisionist history and complete nonsense.

2. mrhansduck

Nov 23, 2021
    Here''s another radical left winger who thought this was serious.

MSN

Former Judge J. Michael Luttig, who was appointed by Republican President H.W. Bush, tweeted Wednesday that the indictment "is all the more tragic and regrettable because the former president has cynically chosen to inflict this embarrassing spectacle on the Nation -- and a spectacle it will be."

Luttig previously spoke at one of the House Select Committee to Investigate the January 6th Attack on the United States Capitol's public hearings in 2022. He said that if Pence had followed Trump's command on January 6, 2021, to overturn the presidential election results, it would "have been the first constitutional crisis since the founding of the Republic."

The former judge, who previously acted as an informal adviser for Vice President Mike Pence and was a law clerk to former Justice Antonin Scalia, was once close with Sen. Ted Cruz, who said he was "like a father to me."

Cruz later named Luttig as an ideal candidate to become a Supreme Court justice, noting in a presidential debate that he would have preferred to have Luttig on the court instead of Chief Justice John Roberts.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007

Nope. Never a SERIOUS threat. You guys don't understand the meaning. You threw out a bunch of What/If's. Nobody that isn't far left thought there was ever a serious threat of the election being overturned.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  4. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007

Key word is IF. Guess what? That IF could happen in 2024 IF Biden lost a close election and Harris could overturn the election results. See how to play that game? It's not serious whatsoever.

• Like Like x 1
  5. okeechobee

okeechobee GC Hall of Fame

Sep 11, 2022
    Sure it is. If you don’t think both sides have the same objective in mind, you’re being willfully naive. Just because one side is doing it with legalese doesn’t mean the objective is any different. And to the end, the same is true of the states who clamped down on voting regulations after the election. It’s all a race for power.

6. dangolegators

dangolegators GC Hall of Fame

Apr 26, 2007
    A lot more than the far left consider it a serious threat. And of course it's not over. Trump is still stirring up his MAGA base, insisting the 2020 election was stolen. We have 2 threads here, started by right-wingers, implying that this could lead to civil war. Millions of others agree. I consider that a serious threat. Only a fool wouldn't. Doesn't mean I think it will happen. But it's still a huge problem for our country.

7. mrhansduck

Nov 23, 2021
    The Eastman plan was actually in place. They had their fake electors. They organized the "wild" rally. Trump publicly said he expected Pence to do it and was putting pressure on him. Pence didn't cave to the pressure, and so Trump then blamed Pence for the January 6th violence saying Pence should have sent the votes to the legislatures. None of that is hypothetical.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. mrhansduck

Nov 23, 2021
    Of course both sides have the objective of power. That's not the same as tactics; there are legal ways to seek power and unlawful (and even criminal) ways to seek power. Not to mention that there are many Republicans/conservatives who have criticized Trump for this stuff, too.

9. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007

Millions agree that this could lead to civil war? LOL. Nope. That makes anything else you said meaningless. When you make such an outlandish statement don't be surprised when people think you are a far lefty or a far righty.

10. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007

Yes it is. It was never a serious threat. You have to stop believing conspiracy theories from msnbc.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  11. dangolegators

Apr 26, 2007
    LOL. There's a thread on it started by UFlawyer. Take it up with him. Yes, millions think there could be a civil war. They are mostly the MAGAs that you refer to as idiots.

12. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Just because someone types something on a message board doesn't mean MILLIONS. You have zero basis to make that claim.

13. dangolegators

Apr 26, 2007
    Yeah, All I have are polls and common sense. What do you have for your claim that there are not millions of Americans who think there could be a civil war?

More than two-fifths of Americans believe civil war is at least somewhat likely in the next 10 years, according to a new survey – a figure that increases to more than half among self-identified “strong Republicans”.

More than 40% of Americans think civil war likely within a decade

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007

Nope. You keep throwing out hypotheticals. What part of "somewhat" don't you understand? Holy crap. This is hilarious.

15. dangolegators

Apr 26, 2007
    LOL. You are humiliating yourself. Do yourself a favor and just let it go. It's ok to admit you were wrong. You think that when someone says that civil war is 'somewhat likely' it means that they don't think there 'could be' a civil war?

16. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007

I “think” I have a chance with Jennifer Anniston. Does that mean I can tell people “it could happen”?
    Thanks for playing.

17. dangolegators

Apr 26, 2007
    This is idiotic. Stop embarrassing yourself. Saying something is 'somewhat likely' means you think it 'could' happen. Are you too stupid to understand that? I mean I don't think you are. I think this is just your typical refusal to give up and admit you were wrong.

18. gatorchamps960608

gatorchamps960608 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 4, 2020
    Never forget that every single witness against Trump in these trials are republicans, most of whom he hired at one point.