Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Texas: Where healthcare just means more (if you’re a man)

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by swampbabe, Jan 3, 2024.

1. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Wrong. At the time Zurakowski's amniotic sac broke, the fetus was at 18 weeks. It had 0% chance of survival. A fetus needs a minimum of 20 weeks for any change to survive birth, and there was no way Zurakowski was going to last two more weeks.

But at the time the sac broke, the fetus still had a heartbeat. The only way the doctors could act was if they deemed Zurakowski's life was in danger. But at the time she first arrived at the hospital, it wasn't. She was in a similar medical condition as Cox was when she sued. Meaning, that had the doctors performed the abortion when Zurakowski first arrived, Texas courts could've found them guilty, and given them both fines and prison time, per the Texas Supreme Court ruling.

Even though Zurakowski was on the precipice, teetering, and guaranteed to fall, the doctors couldn't prevent her from falling. Doing so would be against the law. So, they waited until Zurakowski fell into sepsis, and while they saved her life, as a result of complications, she is now infertile.

Please explain how the law gives doctors the discretion to do their jobs using the facts of the Zurakowski case. In other states without anti-abortion laws, Zurakowski gets an immediate abortion, never goes into sepsis, and is likely 100% fine today. To avoid the same fate as Zurakowski, Cox went out of state where the laws are less strict. Does this really sound like doctors have full discretion to act to anyone? Or, are their hands tied, abs as a result of the law, more women will have complications like Zurakowski, and worse, more will die life Glick?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  2. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    Did the doctors wait too long? Possible for sure. Medicine is nuanced and the law rightfully provides Doctors what they need to do their job and protect the Mother and Child. Nothing in the law stopped a Doctor from from performing an abortion if they mothers long term health or life were in jeopardy based on the Doctors assessment. Again. Did the doctors do a poor job in this case? Possible.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  4. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    20+ times the doctors did a poor job, and that's why they're are 20+ women named on the lawsuit? And exact similar cases in other states like Tennessee? Yeah right. Pull your head out of the sand and accept the truth for once!

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  5. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    Nope. You have no understanding of nuance and medicine. You have no clue about any of these cases. Neither do I. Hence I use the word possible. I suspect a lot of these cases are more about the agenda. But I don’t know.

But the Mother has every ability to protect her health in Texas! And you know it!

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I've explained it more than once. I also accurately predicted that you would not understand it. Genetics and/or your education has failed you. That's not my fault, quit trying to make it my problem.

• Funny Funny x 3
  7. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    You have your head in the sand and can't accept the truth, straight from the women's mouths. It's been explained to you time and time again. If you choose to remain ignorant so you can sleep at night and not accept the fact the law is hurting, even killing women, that's on you.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. mikemcd810

mikemcd810 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Guys - I think he's onto us, the world global elite ANTIFA undercover FBI, who are just pushing our agenda to abort babies so that we can use the stem cells for immortality.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    You have not explained anything LOL!

Cite the Law and Decision that to make your point. You cannot!

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    You are the ignorant one. Do you have the doctors notes? Neither of us do. Your ignorance is bliss lol!

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. philnotfil

philnotfil GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    If neither of you have the doctors notes, how can you claim you are right and he is wrong? If neither of you have the doctors notes, neither of you can be right or wrong.

12. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Why don't you read the plaintiffs' stories for yourself? There are two, Board Certified OBGYN's listed on the lawsuit on behalf of medical professionals who want clarity on the issues, and feel they can't practice medicine and treat their patients properly. Here are there stories from the lawsuit.

• Dr. Damla Karsan provides gynecological care, prenatal care, and obstetric care as part of her Houston-based practice. Before Texas’s S.B. 8 law, she provided abortions to her patients in need of such care, but since the law took effect in 2021, she has been unable to provide the care they need. Dr. Karson joined this lawsuit to speak on behalf of other physicians who she knows are afraid to speak out for fear of retaliation.
    • Dr. Judy Levison is a faculty member at a medical school in the Houston area. Since S.B. 8 took effect, she has seen how widespread fear and confusion regarding the scope of Texas’s abortion bans have chilled the provision of necessary obstetric care, including abortion care. Dr. Levison partially retired from the practice of medicine in 2022 following the overturning of Roe v. Wade, feeling she could no longer practice medicine the way she was trained and consistent with her ethical obligations as a physician.
    Keep your head in the sand if you wish. The rest of us in the real world read and hear these stories of real women being hurt or killed, and we know the truth. There is no agenda. No lying, and the law is the problem.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    I have not claimed I am right on anything other than what the law says. I have continually said it is possible poor healthcare was provided. At the same time it is possible that is not the case as we don’t have the information necessary to know.

What I am right on is the Law and Decision. Read them! Texas has a Law and a Decision that show the Mother and Child will be protected but the Mother can absolutely make one of the hardest decisions I can think of if her long term health or life is in jeopardy.

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    It certainly does not surprise me that two OBs that were pro abortion want to make an issue that is not an issue.

You have yet to provide anything to show a doctor cannot provide an abortion if the mothers long term health or life is in jeopardy. You have provided plenty of information that shows people want to be able to legally kill the child if the mothers long term health and life are not in jeopardy though.

Keep your head in the sand if you wish. But this is not about the Mothers Health for you. Or the two doctors. It is about killing the Child legally.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Two OBGYN and 20+ women personal stories, and they are all lying, agenda-based, propaganda artists? Keep your head in the sand. Whatever helps you sleep and night.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    You have yet to have one of them prove a Mothers long term health or life was in danger.

I have not called anyone a liar. I do believe it is more likely this is about the agenda. As there was no reason to bring the courts into this matter. Except to try and be able to kill the Child via abortion when the Mothers long term health and life are not in danger.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. philnotfil

philnotfil GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    If their health or life wasn't in danger, why is Glick dead and Zurakowski infertile?

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  18. lacuna

lacuna The Conscience of Too Hot Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Redlands, Colorado
    Your posts responding to my question earlier in this thread were dishonest. Claiming I "attacked" you, distorting what I asked, you fabricated a strawman in your machinations to avoid answering the question that was asked of you.

Further attempts were pointless so I stopped asking. With little doubt you will likely once again trot out your strawman. Knowing you like to have the last word- have at it - it's yours. I will no longer respond to your evasive dishonest tactics.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  19. gatorchamps960608

gatorchamps960608 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 4, 2020
    The guy with no knowledge of really anything useful is telling other people they don't know how medicine works. You know, the hydroxychloroquine and horse paste fan.

Irony.

• Like Like x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  20. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I'm leaning toward genetics.

This post was absolutely hilarious. I appreciate the laugh, it's been a challenging day.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2024
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1