Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Texas: Where healthcare just means more (if you’re a man)

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by swampbabe, Jan 3, 2024.

1. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    What an ignorant comment. But a sad reality when you have nothing to offer. Just a weak ad hominem!

I hope you one day will support organizations like we do in the future for the most innocent.

Here are two great ones in Marion County that do a phenomenal job!

https://sharetheloveocala.com/

Women's Pregnancy Center

2. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    Sad attempt to rectify your ridiculous attempt to compare abortion and formula feeding.

Lacuna. I really do appreciate your thoughts many times. This one though is off the mark. And you know it!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  3. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    I read the decision. I listened to the stories of more than a dozen women. As interpreted, the law creates a Catch-22. Women in sepsis can get an abortion. But women in sepsis also run the risk of serious complications and death. But a woman heading straight towards sepsis? Nothing can be done to save her until she reaches sepsis.

In the end, you're not saving anyone. Women of means, like Cox, get a safe and legal abortion elsewhere. Women without means? Self abortion attempts that lead to health complications. And women life Cox? Can't help them until they are in serious danger, resulting in more women infertile or dead. This is reality.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. PITBOSS

PITBOSS GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007
    It’s surprising some even debate formula is better than breast milk.

Good info, I appreciate your thoughtful posts. They are definitely needed in this forum.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2024
  5. lacuna

lacuna The Conscience of Too Hot Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Redlands, Colorado
    You have missed the point. Your attempt to make it seem as though I was comparing abortion to formula feeding is a strawman of your concoction. They are 2 entirely different topics. Abortion kills. A formula fed child's potential and chances at life are minimized over those who are breast fed. If anything, it is contrasting, not comparing.

You claimed your motivation is to "protect the most innocent among us." If that is the case, it follows you would want to optimize the potential of the 'most innocent' in life by mandating breast milk over formula. Apparently that is not the case as you have neatly sidestepped that point choosing to pretend I am attempting to compare abortion to formula fed babies.

I'm essentially asking why you struggle so mightily to justify the laws severely restricting abortion citing the necessity to "protect the most innocent among us," but take a pass when asked if you would support a law mandating the better choice - human breast milk for babies. Why is that? It seems inconsistent to me.

Only you can answer why you feel so strongly about one, but not the other...

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  6. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    Read the decision and read the law!

You are so caught up in wanting to kill for convenience that you cannot rationally analyze the situation!

7. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    BS!

Abortion is about killing another life.

Formula has nothing to do with that and you know it.

Read the Texas Law and Read the Texas Supreme Court Decision. I know you are honest enough to understand…

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. lacuna

lacuna The Conscience of Too Hot Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Redlands, Colorado
    No, I'm not going to waste any more time attempting to dialogue with anyone as short sighted as you. Your obstinacy is clearly perceived when reading your persistent but erroneous charge I'm comparing abortion to formula feeding.

There are a good many trees in that forest and I have better things to do than hack away at the one or two grabbing your attention to the detriment of the larger discussion you are avoiding.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  9. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Again, tell that to Cox. Or the other 13 women who had to leave the state for care. Or didn't, and now have serious health conditions. I'd add Glick, but you can only talk to her family, because she's dead.

10. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    LOL!

No. Instead of reading the law and decision you want to make an ignorant argument by comparing a procedure that kills the most innocent for convenience among us 99% of the time to breast feeding and formula.

Truly one of the weakest arguments you have ever made! And completely off topic and a red herring at that.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  11. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    So you know more than the women affected by law? Their actual, real world experience is wrong. And somehow, you are right!?! Too funny.

What would you say to Cox? Or the Glick family? Sorry, but you should've read the law!

12. philnotfil

philnotfil GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    How did you get that from what she wrote?

13. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    Read the Law and Decision. Stop being controlled by the media...

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    Sue your doctor if they did not provide adequate care. But we all know this is not about health care. It is about killing the most innocent for convenience.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  15. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    Because that is exactly what she did. A ridiculous red herring it was...

16. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Try actually understanding it. That would be a novel approach.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  17. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Help keep Q's nose out of women's private....decisions.
    Donate to Planned Parenthood..

• Like Like x 1
  18. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Try reading or listening to the accounts straight from the women with actual, real life experience. Then, trek them you have more knowledge from reading the law than they do living it!

You should stop looking for excuses. The media, hyperbole, doctors not giving proper care. None of this has been reported anywhere, including from the women themselves. Ever stop to think they might be right, and you may be wrong?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  19. philnotfil

philnotfil GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    I didn't read it that way. So I was curious about how you read it to get those things out of it. But if you just want to perform for a while, carry on.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    It is easy to understand. You can’t seem to though.

The Supreme Court nailed it in their decision! The purpose of the law is to keep the courts out of the decision process. This only became an issue because it was taken to court by people who wanted to create an issue that was not there…