Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Taylor Black joins staff

Discussion in 'GatorGrowl's Diamond Gators' started by WESGATORS, Jun 13, 2022.

1. WESGATORS

WESGATORS Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Taylor Black Joins Gators Coaching Staff - Florida Gators

[​IMG]

Black comes equipped with Power Five college baseball coaching experience at NC State, although his most-recent stop was a four-plus year stint in the Detroit Tigers organization. After joining the Tigers as a scout in November 2017, Black transitioned into the role of East Coast Crosschecker in September 2019.

"We could not be more excited to have Taylor join our coaching staff," O'Sullivan said. "Taylor has experience playing in the SEC and coaching at a premier college program, and brings a unique perspective to our team with his background as a scouting crosschecker. He is an excellent addition that rounds out our staff as we look to get back to competing for National Championships for Gator Nation."

Prior to his work with the Tigers, Black served as an assistant coach at NC State from 2014-17. During his three seasons on staff, the Wolfpack went to three-straight NCAA Tournaments while turning in a 110-70 record. NC State batted .303 as a team in 2016 thanks to Black's contributions while hitting .271 or higher all three seasons. Black's presence also had a positive impact on the Wolfpack defensively, as evidenced by a combined .973 fielding percentage across his tenure.

"First and foremost, I want to thank Coach O'Sullivan and the University of Florida for this incredible opportunity," Black said. "Sully and his staff have built Florida into one of the premier programs in the country, and I'm excited to get to work in helping to bring this program back to the College World Series and compete for national championships. I will work relentlessly to recruit the best student-athletes to Gainesville while developing them both on and off the field. Go Gators!"

Go GATORS!
    ,WESGATORS

Last edited: Jun 13, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  2. gatorfan5220

gatorfan5220 VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Here's hoping he's a good batting coach.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. buckeyegator

buckeyegator Premium Member

Oct 29, 2007
    gainesville, florida
    any relationship with tommy white?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  4. G8tr69

G8tr69 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007