Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Tampon Tim

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by okeechobee, Aug 11, 2024.

1. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I know better than your thinking this was just about putting Tampons in boy's restrooms. (shaking head)

2. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    I would simply refer you back to the OP if you are confused about the thread topic.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    An excellent post on construction and interpretation of the Minnesota statute although whether or not tampon dispensers should be in boys restrooms is still more or less irrelevant. Those posters who are still obsessing about the statute are seriously afflicted Tim Walz Derangement Syndrome (TWDS) and it is real.

4. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    The claim is that Walz mandated tampons in the boys bathrooms. Do you think that does that?

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. gatorchamps960608

gatorchamps960608 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 4, 2020
    Tampons in the boys' restrooms are good ideas. They can plug up bullet wounds from assault weapon fire in schools republicans refuse to do anything to stop.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. philnotfil

philnotfil GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Tampons in public restrooms is an issue that should be decided by parents?

• Funny Funny x 3
  7. gatorpa

gatorpa GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2010
    East Coast of FL
    Oh for the love of God.

The guy got the knickname for signing a bill that requires tampons be placed in all bathrooms used by menstruating students.

If his name was Fred they would call him Free-lunch Fred.

Nobody is against tampons in girls bathrooms. The issue is if they are placed in boys bathrooms.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  8. Norcaligator

Norcaligator GC Hall of Fame

Sep 21, 2007
    Why is that even an “issue”? This is sheer idiocy.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. gatorpa

gatorpa GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2010
    East Coast of FL
    The idea that boys need access to tampons in a school bathroom is shear idiocy to some…

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Norcaligator

Norcaligator GC Hall of Fame

Sep 21, 2007
    Is your concern financial waste?
    Do you fear for the boys safety?
    What’s the concern?

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. gatorpa

gatorpa GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2010
    East Coast of FL
    Honestly I couldn’t care less.

I was just explaining why some seem to care.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. antny1

antny1 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2019
    The language does not specifically mandate to put tampons in boys bathrooms but it's seems likely it establishes the legal grounds to facilitate doing so. Seems disingenuous to pretend otherwise.

"Tampon Tim" is an inflammatory, childish and vindictive moniker and doesn't facilitate any real discussion about the law, why it's necessary, why it isn't etc etc.

Not sure why either side is so impassioned by this subject other than it being another ideological fight between widening political parties with little interest in common ground.

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    I imagine people are looking hard for specific schools that were forced to put the dispensers in boys restrooms.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. NavyGator93

NavyGator93 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2015
    Georgia
    Maga can't meme and they certainly have no solutions. Trump and his stupid nicknames and continuous lies are all they have. R party knows what Trump is about but they continue to ride that horse and double down on stupid, you see it here on these boards. Be great when trump goes away, be interesting to see what the party does after. Hopefully, some adults will take over.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2024
    • Winner Winner x 3
  15. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    The bill was intentional left non gender specific so that local school district's could decide on their own the best way to accommodate trans boys if the need arises. There are different of way to deal with this and they left all options to schools.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. antny1

antny1 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2019
    I understand that. I'm sympathetic to Trans people who genuinely want to live their lives as they feel they need to but I also don't think normalizing any and all aspects of it is right either(different debate). I can't speak to the intentions of the law with any certainty but given today's political environment I think there is a degree of weaponizing these types of mandates as well as their ridiculous responses like calling for a ban on said measures.

Would Trans people have been better served by schools just adding Tampon dispensers in boys bathroom for those who need them instead of grandstanding the issue? Not to say they needed to sneak them in the bathrooms at all and I imagine there would be a hissy fit response regardless by the far right as soon as they found out, I'd just like to see government stay out until they have to intervene.

17. GatorNorth

GatorNorth Premium Member Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Atlanta
    How long before Trump dubs her with the moniker “Kotexmabla”?

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. antny1

antny1 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2019
    @Orange_and_Bluke disagrees with this which is funny/sad because I acknowledged that the end result is tampons in boys bathrooms. Either you disagree with your own position or you think adults using stupid nicknames is productive and mature....

Of course I could be wrong but since you don't like to use your words you just smatter the boars with emojis and memes.

19. Orange_and_Bluke

Orange_and_Bluke Premium Member

Dec 16, 2015
    I thought the name was funny. And I’m sorry you don’t care for my rating system.
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. CHFG8R

CHFG8R GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    St. Augustine, FL
    Because the pearl-clutching ninnies need something to satisfy their daily outrage cravings.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1