Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Swamp Kings - Netflix documentary [WARNING: Potential Spoilers From Post #10 On]

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by 96Gatorcise, Jun 3, 2023.

1. Distant Gator

Distant Gator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Upstate, SC
    Not sure if serious but our own Parker Valby was individual SEC champ this past fall as well as 2nd overall in the NCAAs.
    The team is not as strong as it should be.

2. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

We’re good trips. I am just over all the “look at what a bunch of bad guys the Gators were under Meyer” crap. We aren’t worse, or even as bad as other championship teams that nobody is even talking about. That’s what prompted my response

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. tripsright

tripsright GC Legend

Dec 2, 2021
    Florida
    Indeed, sir. We are perfectly aligned there.
    I was pleasantly surprised at the, generally, favorable tone of the series. I kept waiting for the “gotcha” moment. I’m glad it never came.
    Let’s let that perception stew out there for a while. I just think there was a conscious method to the series. The timing of it seems curious.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. gtr2x

gtr2x GC Hall of Fame

Aug 21, 2007
    Better than I expected, but kind of a sad ending which is appropriate I guess.

Great memories of winning 2 NCs. No doubt a positive spin for Urban which is fine. A couple of highlights from Tebows last win over fsu would have been a plus. Would like to have seen a few other key players mentioned at least in the highlights.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. TJtheGator

TJtheGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Orlando, FL
    Anyone watch the BS High documentary on that fake Bishop Sycamore school?

I’m just absolutely baffled how they got to the point they are on national TV against IMG. With zero legit funding or income, they managed to somehow get to that point. Damn!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. gtr2x

gtr2x GC Hall of Fame

Aug 21, 2007
    Just occurred to me that I dont recall any defensive coaches being interviewed during the show. I did see Charlie Strong sitting on a bench.

7. Mikog8tor

Mikog8tor GC Hall of Fame

Aug 16, 2010
    You want every coach to quit, come back and quit again saying the program is broken and I’m out?

Like I posted earlier he’s met the basic qualifications for ROH but could be missing the in good standing with the university. None of us know and only time will tell.

8. KronoGator

KronoGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    He'll get in, if he hadn't gone to Jacksonville, embarrassed himself and been fired, it would have already happened, needs to lay low for a few years.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. eightiesgator

eightiesgator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 16, 2017
    I am. Two MNC'S, with two different quarterbacks, speaks for itself. When the Powers That Be established the criteria, they were objective and measurable. With two MNC'S, he is nearly over qualified. If he isn't selected, the entire process becomes an arbitrary joke.

Two MNC's...

Last edited: Aug 27, 2023
  10. eightiesgator

eightiesgator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 16, 2017
    Please look up our Total Offense for 2009 and compare to everything afterwards.

11. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    His lap dances in public didn’t help his honor a bit either unless his wife is sending him out for threesomes.

12. g8orbill

g8orbill Old Gator Moderator Premium Member VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Clermont, Fl
    To be considered for induction into the Ring of Honor, a person must have been removed from UF for five seasons, be in good standing with the University, and meet at least one of the following criteria:

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Urbs has one of the criteria, maybe his standing with the university is in question. It’s definitely split among the fans.

14. tommyvee

tommyvee GC Hall of Fame

May 16, 2007
    Well, this was just a PR piece for Urban. I do believe he should be in the Ring of Honor based on the criteria, but many believe the “honor” part is missing based on how he left UF, OSU and the Jags.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

I agree. But factor in the image and perception of UF and everything says induct Urbs while the iron is hot. Nobody got killed in Gainesville during Meyer’s 6 years here, so why are we trying to keep a flame of UF negativity burning? Why keep punishing ourselves when nobody else cares? At this point 15 years after the fact, nobody remembers or cares. Celebrate the 2NCs and Timmy’s Heisman and bask in the glory. It’s a no-brainer. Sure his leaving wasn’t ideal, but the man poured himself into our team at great sacrifice. Time to embrace the man, enjoy the positive press, and turn the page

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  16. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Agree. We’re taking ourselves way too seriously. Give the man a hug, let him hold both crystal balls again, strike up the band, and celebrate what Urbs accomplished and remind the world again of our 2 national championships. Positive press for UF at the perfect time

17. tommyvee

tommyvee GC Hall of Fame

May 16, 2007
    Some good info from Eric Wilbur.

• Like Like x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  18. Gatorhead

Gatorhead GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    So "Swamp Kings" is making the rounds for College Football Podcasters from many schools. You know who the haters are for sure, many of them crying that it was not a "hit-piece" and are pissed that it is not more hostile.

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. antny1

antny1 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2019
    Good stuff. Forgot about the muff punt in the sec champ game. Interesting stuff about the basketball team as well. Thanks

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    It clearly states being in good standing with the university. There may be a problem there.

• Like Like x 1