Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Super Mayor Tiffany Henyard, America's worst mayor?

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by ValdostaGatorFan, Dec 21, 2023.

1. ValdostaGatorFan

ValdostaGatorFan GC Hall of Fame

Aug 21, 2007
    TitleTown, USA
    Has anyone been following this shitshow? I've been following for the past month and it's wild. Tiffany Henyard (Self proclaimed Super Mayor, City Girl Mayor, The People's Mayor) is both the mayor of Dolton (near Chicago) and the Thorton Township supervisor. I don't even know where to start. She uses the handpicked Dalton police for private security. They pick her up in the morning and bring her to work, to run errands and get lunch, and then they drive her home. She takes them out of town with her on her trips.

One of the officers clocked in 303 hours in a 2 week pay period. There are 336 hours in 2 weeks. Businesses that do not support her allege that she uses the police to harass them. When she's not having the police target businesses and people who don't support her, she does it her self. The board approved a salary increase to the deputy clerk, but Henyard ordered not to implement the raise because the deputy clerk is not among her supporters.

She has her own DJ that she brings into town hall meetings. She dressed as a character from the movie New Jack City, a crack dealer, for a city hall meeting. She locks the trustees out of the meetings. She is refusing to supply the board with spending expenses.

She's using the village credit cards for whatever she wants. Racking up huge bills in places like Vegas, flying first class, expensive restaurant bills, you name it. When it was brought up, she had a hat from one of the restaurants on her podium beside her. She spent $149,000 of taxpayer money on a leased Tahoe.

She hired one of her close friends, a registered Chi Se Offender, as a code inspector without the board's approval. He spent 25 years in prison for it. He is paid with tax money to roam the streets of Dolton. She refuses to fire him despite outcries from the public.

She has had her name printed on everything. Buildings, billboards, rugs, etc. It's Everywhere.

The Dalton median income is $24,000. Henyard makes $285,000 between her two government jobs. There is a 7-million-dollar deficit in Dalton.

Is anyone else following this?

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. ridgetop

ridgetop GC Hall of Fame

Aug 4, 2020
    Top of the ridge
    You get what you deserve when elect people like this to office.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    Seems like plenty of state and federal crimes could apply on that personal spending.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. mrhansduck

mrhansduck GC Hall of Fame

Nov 23, 2021
    I need to see the set list before I comment on this.

• Funny Funny x 5
  5. ValdostaGatorFan

Aug 21, 2007
    TitleTown, USA

You can start this one at 40 seconds.

6. Gator515151

Gator515151 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 4, 2007
    Typical Democrat.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  7. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    Demanding loyalty. Placing criminals and family in key govt positions they aren’t qualified for. Running charity scams. Using her own office to grift. Trolling opponents with billboards. Intimidating non-loyalists. Actually, her “governance” style seems Trump-like more than anything.

But I don’t think people like this actually give a shit about actual partisan policy issues. It’s just straight up political grift.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. exiledgator

exiledgator Gruntled

Jan 5, 2010
    Maine
    If this is all true, which seems likely - she needs to be kicked out of office and charged with what I can only imagine to be a laundry list of crimes.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  9. Gator515151

Gator515151 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 4, 2007
    She is a democrat though, so you are calling her, a MAGA democrat?

• Funny Funny x 3
  10. danmanne65

danmanne65 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 2, 2022
    DeLand
    I would be fine with charging her with what we convict trump of. It seems fitting.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    Zero links in the OP unless I missed it.

With different phrasing the OP’s write up isn’t as sensational
    1. Desanits travels with security, even out of town, even campaigning.
    2. How she dresses, and whether she has a DJ at her meetings is irrelevant
    3. Not giving a raise to subpar employees is normal
    4. Travel expenses plague Desanits and Trump and Biden
    5. Credit cards for “whatever she wants” wasn’t very specific since it listed dinners after
    6. Desantis hired all his friends
    7. Maybe the time clock for the cop caught up for weeks already worked - I dont know.

Other than the fact she is eccentric and perhaps a black female I dont see how she is any different from Desantis. Now, if she is embezzling that’s different but I dont see any non-fox stations claiming that. Open to being corrected.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Off-topic Off-topic x 1
  12. ValdostaGatorFan

Aug 21, 2007
    TitleTown, USA
    There was going to be links but I had a network switch go down at work and had to switch gears and still putting out fires here and there. Just short comments for now.

13. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    You are forgiven. lol. Don’t let shit break at work.

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    If she married Eric Adams, they could be the a power couple of America's shittiest (and most hilarious) mayors.

• Funny Funny x 3
  15. ridgetop

ridgetop GC Hall of Fame

Aug 4, 2020
    Top of the ridge
    WOW
    King of Whataboutisms.
    Way to defend your team. You go, you big cheerleader you! Yeah team!!!
    Glad to see so many others calling out graft and corruption and being willing to put it behind bars when and where it occurs. Of course some..just want to point to the other side and say what about… and then hint that racism is a motivating factor ( when they are the only ones bringing up race.)
    Could dad4x and City be the same guy losing as different sides of the same coin??? Has anyone ever seen them both in the same room at the same time?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  16. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    Also, I sort of assume that his is how literally every small town government operates in America. Except maybe the DJ thing, its probably some lame prayer session instead in most cases.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  17. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Wow. On top of everything else, her salary as supervisor of Thornton is $224,000/year. She just got an ordinance passed that if a non-incumbent gets that position, the salary drops to $25K.

Lock her up.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    There was no link. What do I have to go on?

Edit: I didn’t read your whole nonsensical post so…

BLESS YOUR HEART Ridge.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2023
  19. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    She rocks so much lol. Small towns rule. The 'real America' right here.

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    It's bad. She needs to go.

'Illegal in so many ways': Controversy surrounds Dolton Mayor Tiffany Henyard's salary maneuver

• Agree Agree x 2